Anyone doing the DOGE thing?

15 minutes ago, jetsrule1969 said:

If you take any financial advice on a sports site like this one people will eventually realize that you have officially become insane and that you should be locked up for your own safety and the safety of your loved ones.

THIS is the only place to go for financial, legal, and medical advice.  Everyone knows that.

:P

• Haha 1

On 5/19/2021 at 9:15 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

I wish I had bullets to fire. All fiat tied up in new home build and two mortgages ATM. That was a golden opportunity.

You have 2 mortgages and are investing in crypto?  I hope you're safe, in case anything goes south...

18 minutes ago, jetsrule1969 said:

oh - this is the first I've ever heard anyone make this claim. Exciting!

Many people don't understand why bitcoin is valuable. It's fine. I just hope you're not too late.

On 5/16/2021 at 3:25 PM, jetstream23 said:

I added a little around 45K today, but there could be some further downside.  I know Musk is a prominent guy, but one company selling some Bitcoin under the premise that they just now agree with the environment/energy concerns of Bitcoin mining shouldn't cause a sudden 10% correction.  BTC has felt for a while (since 60K) like it wants to take a rest.  It might ricochet higher from this point but I think there's a chance it takes another trip down towards 40K again.  If it does then I'll add some more.

my man...you need to worry more about China cracking down on mining and trading than what Elon Musk is doing

7 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Many people don't understand why bitcoin is valuable. It's fine. I just hope you're not too late.

Yea, this time is different. Ever hear about the Tulip mania!

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

my man...you need to worry more about China cracking down on mining and trading than what Elon Musk is doing

I'm not worried about Elon.   I sold my $TSLA $100 ago.

What's most interesting to me as a small-time owner of ~1 Bitcoin is watching how this all unfolds.  The contrarian says that China cracking down on mining is because they see BTC as a threat to the CCB's own cryptocurrency. The contrarian in me says that when the US Federal Reserve comes out and says that they're concerned about BTC and that transactions greater than $10,000 need to be reported for tax purposes.... is an IMPLICIT acceptance of BTC.  What the US Fed effectively did was legitimize BTC.  They didn't say it needs to go away, they just said they want to regulate it, tax it, etc.  That puts a little bit of a floor in it IMO.

I only have money in crypto that I'm willing to let go to $0.  But it's becoming legitimized enough for me to continue to think I need to own some of it.  I'm picky though.  BTC, Ethereum and a little Polkadot.... mostly on the basis of blockchain tech and structured decentralized "smart" contracts, not because I think any of this ever becomes a "currency."  The money I care about is mostly tilted towards relation and at least a 12-month inflationary rebound in everything from materials like copper to banks levered to a growing spread in interest rate margins.  But enough nerd talk, when are we going to see the Jets lose a game together again?

2 hours ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

If I told you big countries were cracking down on mining gold out of the ground what do you think would happen to $GLD when that supply starts to become limited?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 hours ago, jetsrule1969 said:

Yea, this time is different. Ever hear about the Tulip mania!

I've read like 4 books on Tulip mania.  Just wish I was in Holland to witness it when it actually happened.

I honestly have no idea if BTC goes to zero and vanishes, or if it goes to $1,000 before going to $1,000,000 when the final bitcoin is mined in the year 2140.  But whereas things like tulips can be grown indefinitely, things like Gold and Bitcoin have scarcity value.  They're finite.  So whether Bitcoin (gold), Ether (platinum), doge (bronze), etc. carve out their own niches is hard to say, but one thing I've learned the past couple decades is to no longer discount what seems illogical or impossible.  Whether it's a global pandemic, flying a helicopter on Mars, the twin towers getting knocked down, or Bruce Jenner becoming a woman.... never say never, my friend.

• Upvote 1

I think there may be one more dip into the high 20’s for BTC goes steadily back up. I have my limit orders set. Also, looking to get a hefty bag of ETH if it drops below $1800. I went all in back in November and haven’t regretted it. 

• Upvote 1

Lots of dudes at my job jumped on a new crypto a few weeks back and “tripled” their money, but now that crypto has crashed super hard and they’re all panicking. I’d feel bad for them if they weren’t so smug about their initial gains lol

7 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I've read like 4 books on Tulip mania.  Just wish I was in Holland to witness it when it actually happened.

I honestly have no idea if BTC goes to zero and vanishes, or if it goes to $1,000 before going to $1,000,000 when the final bitcoin is mined in the year 2140.  But whereas things like tulips can be grown indefinitely, things like Gold and Bitcoin have scarcity value.  They're finite.  So whether Bitcoin (gold), Ether (platinum), doge (bronze), etc. carve out their own niches is hard to say, but one thing I've learned the past couple decades is to no longer discount what seems illogical or impossible.  Whether it's a global pandemic, flying a helicopter on Mars, the twin towers getting knocked down, or the Bruce Jenner becoming a woman.... never say never, my friend.

In 2140 quantum computers will change encryption forever.  People will go off the grid and canned tuna fish will be the excepted fiat currency.   

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2021 at 9:03 AM, T0mShane said:

Lots of dudes at my job jumped on a new crypto a few weeks back and “tripled” their money, but now that crypto has crashed super hard and they’re all panicking. I’d feel bad for them if they weren’t so smug about their initial gains lol

If you are a recent buyer, then it’s a crash. If you’ve held Bitcoin for more than a year, you are way up

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Why are you answering a question with a question? You said you saw it worst case as a $15-$20 stock, so I'm curious as to whether you sold out. Did you say anything about it hitting 4-5 digits in that post? I didn't see it. 

What? I advised to buy at $9-$10 and at worst case (ie if someone was nervous about it)...it’s a $15-20 summer stock, post shorting/manipulation and in case of the anomaly that it doesn’t squeeze.... Which it hasn’t even done yet. This is FOMO and shorts ie Citadel hasn’t covered. 

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

What? I advised to buy at $9-$10 and at worst case (ie if someone was nervous about it)...it’s a $15-20 summer stock, post shorting/manipulation and in case of the anomaly that it doesn’t squeeze.... Which it hasn’t even done yet. This is FOMO and shorts ie Citadel hasn’t covered. 

Gotcha. 

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

Alright Hess and everybody.  I now have FOMO.  I'm doing fine financially.  Diversified, have a few business investments.  

Let's say I have 50K to invest in crypto.  I would like at least one full Bitcoin.  I know nobody can predict the future but what would the crypto guys here recommend I put it in, and any guess on the timing of purchase? 

8 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Alright Hess and everybody.  I now have FOMO.  I'm doing fine financially.  Diversified, have a few business investments.  

Let's say I have 50K to invest in crypto.  I would like at least one full Bitcoin.  I know nobody can predict the future but what would the crypto guys here recommend I put it in, and any guess on the timing of purchase? 

I posted this before maybe you missed it!

If you take any financial advice on a sports site like this one people will eventually realize that you have officially become insane and that you should be locked up for your own safety and the safety of your loved ones.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Don’t listen to me but I think Ethereum is the best crypto bet

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Get in a time machine back to December 2020 and buy GameStop AMC and Dogecoin.

• Haha 1

So in an earlier post I said I had AMC that I bought at 14. So it hits 37 last week and my wife was itching to sell it. I told her that the theaters were opening up and we should wait till after this past weekend. So she got ansty and sold it. We doubled our money BUT, it hit 70 today. lol

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

So in an earlier post I said I had AMC that I bought at 14. So it hits 37 last week and my wife was itching to sell it. I told her that the theaters were opening up and we should wait till after this past weekend. So she got ansty and sold it. We doubled our money BUT, it hit 70 today. lol

Ouch

23 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

What is happening with AMC has nothing to do with the theaters. Sorry you're out. :(

I got in at $9 with Hessy-poo. Added more for a $15 avg. Riding that wave now... t!ts out!!!

2 hours ago, David Harris said:

Timing is really tough. To me, the crypto with the highest utility is as follows, not necessarily in order:

ETH

ADA

MATIC

XLM

ICP

XRP

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

What is happening with AMC has nothing to do with the theaters. Sorry you're out. :(

I got in at $9 with Hessy-poo. Added more for a $15 avg. Riding that wave now... t!ts out!!!

Disagree, part of the recent jump was due to the big open of Quiet place 2.

On 5/21/2021 at 5:09 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

I just gotta say, we are on one of the biggest bull market runs in history and this is what you choose to invest in.