Denzel Mims Rookie Season Video

As many of us have said repeatedly about Mims, the guy just didn't see enough targets last season.  Put up 357 yards in half a season with no camp, no pre-season, no QB and no head coach.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

He's a freak. 

Unfortunately because of Adam Gase and his dreadful play calling along with both Sam/Joe stinking; we rarely had a chance to see Mims feast. 

Alongside of Davis, Crowder and Moore? Denzel Mims is going to be a problem. 

I can't remember which game. But last year there was 1 drive I remember. Where Mims drew 3 maybe 4 Defensive P.I/Holding calls... On 1 drive!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

man the hype on him you guys are giving is nuts

dude had zero  tds and was outplayed by berrios and had zero hundred yard games all season

notice there were no tds on the tape

there were  other rookie wrs that had huge years and some had bad qbs too

I cant imagine what you guys would be doing if he actually produced like a stud=see  Jefferson ...

I hope for the guy to do well but lets wait until he accomplishes something before you crown  him

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He's a freak. 

Unfortunately because of Adam Gase and his dreadful play calling along with both Sam/Joe stinking; we rarely had a chance to see Mims feast. 

Alongside of Davis, Crowder and Moore? Denzel Mims is going to be a problem. 

I can't remember which game. But last year there was 1 drive I remember. Where Mims drew 3 maybe 4 Defensive P.I/Holding calls... On 1 drive!

3 in one game with 2 of them and a 27yd reception on 1 drive vs Chargers.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

A solid chain mover. I get number 2 WR vibes from him. 

If Mims peaks as a #2, it's a waste of athletic talent. Mims is one of the most physically-gifted WRs in the league. Up there with Chris Godwin and D.K. Metcalf. The only WR who he is behind in terms of pure athleticism is Julio, but so is everyone.

• WTF? 2

3 hours ago, AFJF said:

As many of us have said repeatedly about Mims, the guy just didn't see enough targets last season.  Put up 357 yards in half a season with no camp, no pre-season, no QB and no head coach.

Yep and I got the sense he didn’t love Sam. Just from piecing together social media and different things.

he’s clearly a player and can be very productive in this league.  Whether he can be a star, who knows but I think he showed enough that we are confident he can be very good.

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Morrissey said:

Anyone with eyeballs could see the talent and potential. Wilson and Mims are perfect for each other.

anyone with eyeballs could see Mims and his production was terrible for his first year-I dont want to hear every excuse known to man-other  rookies greatly outproduced him and even  berrios  on his own team had a greater contribution and he is a total jaq

a nice rookie season was wayne c an undrafted free agent  who with a washed  boomer and a trash back up in bubby had 60+ catches 700+ yards and 4 tds

Mims was a very good prospect coming out of college-right  now he is what his stats say he is-a wr that went his first year with zero tds and zero 100 yard games

those that mention Mims in the same breath with Julio a proven elite wr are simply out of their minds

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, kmnj said:

anyone with eyeballs could see Mims and his production was terrible for his first year-I dont want to hear every excuse known to man-other  rookies greatly outproduced him and even  berrios  on his own team had a greater contribution and he is a total jaq

a nice rookie season was wayne c an undrafted free agent  who with a washed  boomer and a trash back up in bubby had 60+ catches 700+ yards and 4 tds

Mims was a very good prospect coming out of college-right  now he is what his stats say he is-a wr that went his first year with zero tds and zero 100 yard games

those that mention Mims in the same breath with Julio a proven elite wr are simply out of their minds

Fantastic post.  Thank you.  Lots of us see it the same way.  This franchise is top shelf when it comes to finding excuses for why players suck.  Maybe Mims just needed better coaching or weapons?

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Fantastic post.  Thank you.  Lots of us see it the same way.  This franchise is top shelf when it comes to finding excuses for why players suck.  Maybe Mims just needed better coaching or weapons?

Mims needed a real QB.  He looked fine with Flacco under center.  His production would have likely ended up somewhere in the top 7 or 8 rookie receivers if you extrapolate out his numbers with Flacco to a per-game basis, and give him a bit of a "ding" for lack of sample size.  3.5 catches per game, 67 yards, on 7.5 targets, 8.9 yards per target in his 2 games with Flacco.  

By comparison, Jerry Jeudy only averaged 53.5 yards per game and 7.6 yards per target.  CeeDee Lamb averaged 58.4 yards per game and 8.4 yards per target.  Tee Higgins averaged 56.8 yards per game and 8.4 yards per target.  Chase Claypool averaged 54.6 yards per game and 8.0 yards per target.  And those were 4 of the 5 most productive rookie receivers last season.

Not bad considering he was the 13th WR off the board.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, kmnj said:

man the hype on him you guys are giving is nuts

dude had zero  tds and was outplayed by berrios and had zero hundred yard games all season

notice there were no tds on the tape

there were  other rookie wrs that had huge years and some had bad qbs too

I cant imagine what you guys would be doing if he actually produced like a stud=see  Jefferson ...

I hope for the guy to do well but lets wait until he accomplishes something before you crown  him

Justin Jefferson was a 1st round pick. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Justin Jefferson was a 1st round pick. 

yes he was and he is an actual stud wr not a guy based on hype and hyperbole -you would think mims put up those kind of numbers based on the hype

but  if you want to play the hey mims was not a first round pick

G  Davis of the bills was a 4th round pick and 7tds  

36 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Mims needed a real QB.  He looked fine with Flacco under center.  His production would have likely ended up somewhere in the top 7 or 8 rookie receivers if you extrapolate out his numbers with Flacco to a per-game basis, and give him a bit of a "ding" for lack of sample size.  3.5 catches per game, 67 yards, on 7.5 targets, 8.9 yards per target in his 2 games with Flacco.  

By comparison, Jerry Jeudy only averaged 53.5 yards per game and 7.6 yards per target.  CeeDee Lamb averaged 58.4 yards per game and 8.4 yards per target.  Tee Higgins averaged 56.8 yards per game and 8.4 yards per target.  Chase Claypool averaged 54.6 yards per game and 8.0 yards per target.  And those were 4 of the 5 most productive rookie receivers last season.

Not bad considering he was the 13th WR off the board.

please berrios was able to get 3 tds with the same qbs

he didnt look fine under flacco he was avg at best-zero tds and no games near 100 yards

tee higgins had 6 tds some coming with their qb 3

claybpool had  9 tds with a washed out ben and back ups

lamb  had almost 1000 yards with 5tds

Jeudy almost 900 yarsd with 3 tds and most say he was a disappointment

nobody right now would take mims over any of those guys

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, kmnj said:

you're a product of your environment, if you can't see that.. than your head is in the sand. Mims is primed and ready for a break out season. Health will be key.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, kmnj said:

he didnt look fine under flacco he was avg at best-zero tds and no games near 100 yards

Denzel Mims played in 9 games with 2 QB's who are no longer on the roster and coaching staff no longer in the building. Why are you comparing his season stats to anyone? Where is the logic in this? No evaluator ignores situation/environment.  In any work setting. Sports, business, construction, ect. So why are you?

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

On 5/26/2021 at 1:57 PM, kmnj said:

All true but nobody would rate  a single head coach over Adam Gase either. Let’s just see what he does this year, but I do agree the Mim’s fest is a little  much.  Being  excited about what he may do is fine but really hasn’t done anything  yet/. 

38 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Denzel Mims played in 9 games with 2 QB's who are no longer on the roster and coaching staff no longer in the building. Why are you comparing his season stats to anyone? Where is the logic in this? No evaluator ignores situation/environment.  In any work setting. Sports, business, construction, ect. So why are you?

I did not bring up those players another post referenced them and my response is nobody would take mims over those guys and they all played much better

I also referenced a guy that played in the same exact system and same exact team in berrios who actually even though he  is a total jaq was able to score three tds  did better than mims in some games where they both played. I dont see constant threads about the m mad skills berrios has. 

As I have posted numerous times in numerous mims threads-he  was a very good prospect coming out of college-his  production sucked year one(That is a fact). I hope he has a monster year-what irks me is the constant hyping of up players that have not accomplished anything year in and year out for the jets

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, kmnj said:

I did not bring up those players another post referenced them and my response is nobody would take mims over those guys and they all played much better

I also referenced a guy that played in the same exact system and same exact team in berrios who actually even though he  is a total jaq was able to score three tds  did better than mims in some games where they both played. I dont see constant threads about the m mad skills berrios has. 

As I have posted numerous times in numerous mims threads-he  was a very good prospect coming out of college-his  production sucked year one(That is a fact). I hope he has a monster year-what irks me is the constant hyping of up players that have not accomplished anything year in and year out for the jets

You're referencing Berrios without acknowledging the fact that Gase's sh*tty system was designed to go through the slot receiver. Darnold threw 9 TD's last year. He had zero TD's to an outside receiver. Flacco had 3 to Perriman so for the season, the Jets had 3 TD's go to outside guys. If you watched the games, it was easy to see that Mims had talent. Especially when Flacco was playing. 

• Upvote 1

Mims didn't have opportunities to catch and run. Play design was awful under Gase. Rarely did Sam/Joe hit Mims in STRIDE; that's going to change this year. 

However, Mims showed a lot of promise and I'm A+ excited to see this kid as a 2nd year player opposite of Davis (with both Moore and Crowder working the slots). 

2021 is going to be...

FUN!

4 hours ago, kmnj said:

and again, Mims played in 9 games as a rookie vs. Berrios who played in all 16. Mims didn't get the time Berrios had in a camp or pre-season or the previous full season to work with coaching staff and QB's. Again, there is zero logic making the comparison. Anyone with working set of eyes can see Mims is  5x the prospect Berrios is who will now lucky to make the team.

• Post of the Week 1