Is this possible (uniform thread)

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Oh so I could have been posting them naked this whole time???  MAX???

The very idea that you still don’t see the awkward part...  curating thousands of pictures of women to tease out the boners if a bunch of creepy dudes.

I mean...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I'm accepting the new uniform. It's a step down from the classic uniform, but it's not the most hideous thing I have ever seen. The black alternates are ok. 

Ucontext.jpg

Would you call me crazy if I said that of all the teams that made significant changes to their core uniforms in the Nike era, ours are the best?

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Ucontext.jpg

Would you call me crazy if I said that of all the teams that made significant changes to their core uniforms in the Nike era, ours are the best?

SAR I

Nike is the worst thing that ever happened to NFL uniforms. All of those are trash.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 3

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Ucontext.jpg

SAR I

Out of these abominations? The Jets are close to the top, but comparatively, a loose stool is better than full on explosive diarrhea with nausea. 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, nycdan said:

No matter how bad they get...at least we won't watch them pollinating flowers or escaping from prison...

Pittsburgh Steelers ditch "bumble bee" throwback jerseys for vintage '70s  gear - cleveland.com

The difference here is that when these uniforms were created, we didn't even have social security. That came in 1935. I can't tell you why that is relevant, but I wanted to share. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

The very idea that you still don’t see the awkward part...  curating thousands of pictures of women to tease out the boners if a bunch of creepy dudes.

I mean...

Oh so we're being serious now.  Yes, I see the awkwardness, but only really care insomuch that Max got in trouble with advertisers.  The 100,000 post thread was also about goofy pictures and gifs (of which I posted many of those, which you clearly never noticed/cared about).  That part I liked more but others ended up being better at finding those.

Your consistent desire to make me feel bad about that thread just isn't going to work, sir.  And using this thread to do it was a real stretch.  It's in the past, over and done with.  Years ago, actually.  Why continue to bring it up?  Because you need people to know I'm a weird dude?  Of course I am.  I've fully admitted this, and I apologized to Max already about my contributions to the problem.  So what are you going for here, exactly?

• Upvote 1

With all the time and money they spent creating the new uniforms and the fact that we can't change them for a few years, I can honestly say that my 12 year olds could have done a better job in 8 minutes.

It's not that I hate them,  I'm just indifferent. Meh!?

Like if that's the best you can do then what was the point in changing them in the first place?

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

With all the time and money they spent creating the new uniforms and the fact that we can't change them for a few years, I can honestly say that my 12 year olds could have done a better job in 8 minutes.

Like if that's the best you can do then what was the point in changing them in the first place?

That has been my thought. How was this the final product? Did the focus group give this the thumb's up? Was there even a focus group? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Out of these abominations? The Jets are close to the top, but comparatively, a loose stool is better than full on explosive diarrhea with nausea. 

jamalwhiteboth.jpg

There will come a day that the NFL will relax the one-helmet rule and will be in our 68's as throwbacks, they're not gone forever.  These two make a nice set of vintage/modern.

The Jets were overdue for modern uniforms and Nike is the NFL's designer.  Compared to the rest, we did good.  

SAR I

1 hour ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

essence2.jpg

As someone lobbying for the Jets to stay with white helmets and not go to the loser 80's for inspiration, the mob got what they wanted.  Now they're complaining.  

If the mandate was to go to the 90's, go green helmets, go black trim, well, Nike did good.  Watch a game from the stands or watch the standard at-the-snap shot on TV, we look just like 1994.

SAR I

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

jamalwhiteboth.jpg

There will come a day that the NFL will relax the one-helmet rule and will be in our 68's as throwbacks, they're not gone forever.  These two make a nice set of vintage/modern.

The Jets were overdue for modern uniforms and Nike is the NFL's designer.  Compared to the rest, we did good.  

SAR I

You're grading on the curve. We went from sharp, classic uniforms, to a uniform that will become dated in five years. The new Jets logo is generic and uninspired. The rest of the uniform is decent, but the helmet ruins it for me. 

1 minute ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

You're grading on the curve. We went from sharp, classic uniforms, to a uniform that will become dated in five years. The new Jets logo is generic and uninspired. The rest of the uniform is decent, but the helmet ruins it for me. 

That's the Nike curse.  Once the decision was made to give Nike a redesign we knew it wasn't going to be epic.

I think it's designed for teens and little kids; my son loves it.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Oh so we're being serious now.  Yes, I see the awkwardness, but only really care insomuch that Max got in trouble with advertisers.  The 100,000 post thread was also about goofy pictures and gifs (of which I posted many of those, which you clearly never noticed/cared about).  That part I liked more but others ended up being better at finding those.

Your consistent desire to make me feel bad about that thread just isn't going to work, sir.  And using this thread to do it was a real stretch.  It's in the past, over and done with.  Years ago, actually.  Why continue to bring it up?  Because you need people to know I'm a weird dude?  Of course I am.  I've fully admitted this, and I apologized to Max already about my contributions to the problem.  So what are you going for here, exactly?

I stopped reading at “okay, we...”