Newbie Question.

6 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Nobody knows for sure, but with only 3 preseason games, it wouldn't surprise me to see Wilson play a couple of drives vs the Giants, maybe the entire 1st quarter.

But with this being the 1st year with 3 preseason games, no one knows, probably not even the coaches right now

Ok, understood and thanks much.

53 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Nobody knows for sure, but with only 3 preseason games, it wouldn't surprise me to see Wilson play a couple of drives vs the Giants, maybe the entire 1st quarter.

But with this being the 1st year with 3 preseason games, no one knows, probably not even the coaches right now

This!!!  With a reduction to only 3 pre-season games do the coaches stay to the
"old plan" of not having starters play in the final game?  If so then Wilson
would probably play into the second quarter in game 1 and into the second half
in game 2

2 hours ago, Hystorm said:

The Preseason game against the Giants, will that be played by Zach or only the 'other' QB's?

Thanks in advance.

Zach will hand off three times and then Captain Morgan will take over and dominate. Be worth 2-3 first rounders by the time season starts

• Haha 2

The uncertainty in playing time is a danger. Typically the ones have enough maturity/security to lessen the injury rate. Not so for the fringe guys desperate to make the roster and playing recklessly. It is not only how many reps our ones need, but who the other team fields.

• Upvote 1

On 7/2/2021 at 8:06 PM, Hystorm said:

Heh, It just dawned on me this all happens in 6 weeks from tomorrow...  : ]

May time fly even faster...

On that note, another Newbie Question:

Are the Giants the enemy, co-workers or partners in crime?

We're Jets fans. We have no football "friends"

When you're a Jet, you're a Jet all the way. 

From your first cigarette to your last dying day. 

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, TMAC said:

Chad Pennington and Mark Sanchez both got seriously injured in that stupid preseason game against the Giants.  If I was in charge, I would sit Zack out.  No credit for preseason victories.

You make Snoopy cry

• Haha 1

On 7/2/2021 at 5:48 PM, Hystorm said:

The Preseason game against the Giants, will that be played by Zach or only the 'other' QB's?

Thanks in advance.

You know it is a good question because the old rules were pretty much set in stone. Starters played very little in game one, more in game two, until one series or so in game 3 and then typically not at all in game 4.

Now you have only three preseason games, a brand new coaching staff, a young team, some players coming back after opting out last season and a 17 game schedule.

It will be interesting to see how teams handle preseason. Especially with camp being light on contact due to the new CBA. Bet the underdogs in week one, that is what I say.

Hard to know with the new schedule structure. Zach will play in the Giants game. We just don’t know how much.

My guess is

1st game - 1 quarter

2nd game - 2 quarters

3rd game - 2 quarters plus 1 drive

We have a bye after the 3rd preseason game. So there’s no reason to rest the starters. 

On 7/5/2021 at 1:39 PM, Fantasy Island said:

I have a question too, how does the Mafia game work, it makes no sense to me?

But the easiest way to learn is to just play and ask questions while you play your first game.  No better time than now, while the offseason is at its slowest point.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

They no longer do this or call the pre-season NY Jets-NY Giants game the Snoopy Bowl. 

Whose they?

It will forever be known as the Snoopy Bowl, and it is pertinent that Zach wins this game.

No Jets QB ever amounted to anything without a Snoopy bowl win!

2 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Whose they?

It will forever be known as the Snoopy Bowl, and it is pertinent that Zach wins this game.

No Jets QB ever amounted to anything without a Snoopy bowl win!

MetLife,NY Jets,NY Giants it ended in 2019. 

I don't think Snoopy is the mascot for MetLife anymore. 

@BROOKLYN JET

Bye bye, Snoopy Bowl? MetLife axing Snoopy, altering Giants-Jets game

Updated Jan 16, 2019; Posted Oct 20, 2016 

By Joe Giglio | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

NFL: Preseason-New York Giants at New York Jets

Aug 27, 2016; East Rutherford, NJ, USA; New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning (10) and New York Jets quarterback Bryce Petty (9) talk at the end of the game at MetLife Stadium. New York Giants defeat the New York Jets 21-20.

(William Hauser/USA Today Sports)

Every summer, the Jets and Giants play in the third week of the preseason. While the game is mostly a tune up for season, it doubles as a chance to see the tenants of MetLife Stadium actually play against each other outside of the AFC-NFC battle once every four years on the regular season slate.

Thanks to the MetLife naming rights on the building in East Rutherford, the game has affectionately become known as the Snoopy Bowl. 

That sounds like it's going to have to change.

According to CNN Money, MetLife is doing away with using Snoopy in any ad campaigns. In fact, the entire Peanuts gang will no longer be part of MetLife's marketing ventures:

MetLife (MET) will no longer be using Snoopy, Charlie Brown or any other members of the Peanuts gang in its ad campaigns. 

The insurance giant said Thursday it was ditching the beloved Charles Schulz characters in favor of a new image that the company claims will reflect "a clean, modern aesthetic." 

So instead of a giant blimp featuring Snoopy in his World War I pilot gear, MetLife said that it will have an M in blue and green colors. 

Interestingly, blue and green will still be part of the company's color scheme and marketing. That should keep the intrigue and rivalry for the Jets-Giants duo as an easy tie in, but we're all going to have to come to grips with a new name on the annual August Saturday night game in New Jersey.