Clock has officially started on JD

More Cowbell

11 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

I must admit I agreed and still agree with those moves but hated how Douglas handled it. Lying and dishonesty comes back to bite you in the end and I always felt the way Douglas handles situations will do nothing but bring negative Karma to the team. 

Arrest this man 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

I will tell you this. Zach will be fine. In fact, he's going to be a bright star in this league.  The kid has that IT factor. He played poorly and he was really upset today. You could see it on his face. Totally unlike Darnold who was faceless and emotionless.  Kid is a savage. His mother said so.

I saw a great big smile on Darnold's face last week and again today.

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Yikes.

On a side note:

On the flip-side, Douglas earned one vote for the “Who is the best GM?” question. Colts’ GM Chris Ballard finished first with 10 votes. Billy Beane of the Bills ranked second, followed by Saints GM Mickey Loomis and Chiefs GM Brett Veach. Belichick finished with two votes in this category as well.

That would be BRANDON Beane, guys.  lol.  Moneyball is not splitting duties between the Oakland A's and Bills...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yikes.

On a side note:

On the flip-side, Douglas earned one vote for the “Who is the best GM?” question.

gotta be Ryan Khalil’s agent

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Colts’ GM Chris Ballard finished first with 10 votes. Billy Beane of the Bills ranked second, followed by Saints GM Mickey Loomis and Chiefs GM Brett Veach. Belichick finished with two votes in this category as well.

That would be BRANDON Beane, guys.  lol.  Moneyball is not splitting duties between the Oakland A's and Bills...

Yeah last time a baseball exec was named GM of an NFL team it didn’t end so well

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

In defense of Douglas, Seattle fans are starting to turn on Jamal Adams pretty hard. 

1 hour ago, oatmeal said:

Tell Deon Cole GIF by Team Coco

His defense got destroyed both by air and ground all day (Derrick Henry had arguably his career-best regular season game - 182 yds, 3 TDs) and he committed what ended up being the game-losing penalty in overtime (late hit on Tannehill).

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, fusionCA said:

finally the Jets do it the right way.

hire a well sought after GM candidate 

ownership decide finally to let GM choose his coach and coach report to the GM

hire an up and coming coach and OC , hires which were received compliments from everyone in the media and NFL pepole.

draft a QB 2nd overall who again get compliments from everyone . every HOF QB in the media praise Wilson pick.

and now we want all of them fired and start again...

They skipped the "competency" part though 

13 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

I will tell you this. Zach will be fine. In fact, he's going to be a bright star in this league.  The kid has that IT factor. He played poorly and he was really upset today. You could see it on his face. Totally unlike Darnold who was faceless and emotionless.  Kid is a savage. His mother said so.

You know what, I am sick of hearing how emotionless Darnold was. That is a good trait for an athlete. 

The clock started on day 1 and I'm sure he will accept that. He was the choice of Adam Gase a guy he later fired. It was a strange hiring. And he didn't want the job without guarantees and years because he knows how hard it is to rebuild a franchise. Look his first full season his team won 2 games. He has to take some of the blame for that you can't blame everything on Macc etc. You might give him a mulligan for 2020 because of Covid etc. even though other teams did well. I haven't seen anything good or terrible coming from him in the time he's been here. He needs at least 2021 and 2022 to have better results. But are we going to fire coaches and GMs every three years. And keep drafting Qbs?

Lol because Wilson is basically an Ironman.

geno will always have his perfect rating game vs Miami

And Zach will never have a perfect game. Zach can’t hold Geno Smith’s jockstrap. This is in no way an endorsement of Geno. Geno is about the least you hope for in a QB prospect. Zach isn’t even that.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

Do tell!

So, post-game, Wilson takes all the responsibility, says he has to be smarter, etc. 

Then Saleh gets asked what went wrong with the game and he starts off with “well, when you have a rookie quarterback…” then catches himself and says “I know they [New England] had a rookie, too, but…”

It was a little nonsense thing, and it’s super-early, but I just get a slightly more humble Rex vibe off of Saleh so far. 

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

more humble Rex vibe off of Saleh so far. 

me too. i seen that when i watch the clips of him on the sideline in SF.

i remember last year i was watching the Giants and they scored a TD that got called back for a penalty. i forget what kind it was but Joe Judge went nuts. then a play or two later they scored again and AGAIN they call it back for another penalty. Judge flipped out again.

then i thought i haven't seen that with us since Rex. Bowels and Gase showed no emotion.

then yesterday i liked Saleh flipping out of the Refs for that bad no fumble call early in the game. i thought he was going to beat there ass.

i think that helps the players to see there coach fighting for them.

yeah he is Rex without the wigs. i would like to see how Saleh acts when he has a team good enough to back some tough talk from the coach.

1 hour ago, doitny said:

me too. i seen that when i watch the clips of him on the sideline in SF.

i remember last year i was watching the Giants and they scored a TD that got called back for a penalty. i forget what kind it was but Joe Judge went nuts. then a play or two later they scored again and AGAIN they call it back for another penalty. Judge flipped out again.

then i thought i haven't seen that with us since Rex. Bowels and Gase showed no emotion.

then yesterday i liked Saleh flipping out of the Refs for that bad no fumble call early in the game. i thought he was going to beat there ass.

i think that helps the players to see there coach fighting for them.

yeah he is Rex without the wigs. i would like to see how Saleh acts when he has a team good enough to back some tough talk from the coach.

I wasn’t using it as a compliment.

17 hours ago, fusionCA said:

finally the Jets do it the right way.

hire a well sought after GM candidate 

ownership decide finally to let GM choose his coach and coach report to the GM

hire an up and coming coach and OC , hires which were received compliments from everyone in the media and NFL pepole.

draft a QB 2nd overall who again get compliments from everyone . every HOF QB in the media praise Wilson pick.

and now we want all of them fired and start again...

The "right way" is looking pretty awful right now

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

So, post-game, Wilson takes all the responsibility, says he has to be smarter, etc. 

Then Saleh gets asked what went wrong with the game and he starts off with “well, when you have a rookie quarterback…” then catches himself and says “I know they [New England] had a rookie, too, but…”

It was a little nonsense thing, and it’s super-early, but I just get a slightly more humble Rex vibe off of Saleh so far. 

True.

And when asked about the Oline mess from week 1, he said everyone needs to do better and he named the Ocoordinator, Oline, Running backs and Wilson as needing to do better........and left out himself. Last time I checked, your the head coach, so its on YOU too if your QB is getting killed. I mean, cmon, wtf?

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Barton said:

What I mean is, his job will be on the line. So he needs the Jets to have a good season in 2022 in order to keep his job. 

What free agents are coming here?  We are probably a 2 win team again.  Zach sucks. Saleh is liked around the league but not enough to overcome all the negativity surrounding this franchise 

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Albaniajet said:

What free agents are coming here?  We are probably a 2 win team again.  Zach sucks. Saleh is liked around the league but not enough to overcome all the negativity surrounding this franchise 

This has been a major problem for a long while now.    Other than money, why sign here and put your career in the hands of the Johnsons and the incompetents they hire as GMs?