Clock has officially started on JD

More Cowbell

44 minutes ago, jgb said:

Problem is he dumped tons of capital into OL and it’s worse… how can he fix OL, LBs, CBs, EDGE, RB all in one draft to make us competitive in 2022? Answer: he cannot. Earliest we will now be competitive has been pushed to 2023… and that’s if Zach hits…

All those positions did their jobs today. All except QB.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

finally the Jets do it the right way.

hire a well sought after GM candidate 

ownership decide finally to let GM choose his coach and coach report to the GM

hire an up and coming coach and OC , hires which were received compliments from everyone in the media and NFL pepole.

draft a QB 2nd overall who again get compliments from everyone . every HOF QB in the media praise Wilson pick.

and now we want all of them fired and start again...

And what are the results on the field, the only thing that matters?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Becton hasn’t stunk.  That’s ridiculous.  Moore nor AVT have not either. AVT was very good today. Wilson did today. He did not last week. 

Mims, Zuniga and Davis so far have disappointed.  Davis has has hardly played because of injuries.

I said it in the game thread and I’ll say it again here because I love to hear myself talk.  Everyone wants to be the first to be right about someone.  It makes us feel like our knowledge of the game is vindicated.  But in reality the vast majority, myself included, come to there determinations without actually knowing sh*t.  Even If they are right, it’s generally unfounded.  

Fair enough, stunk isn't the right word.

The problem is, there's "stuff" going on here. Those picks in rounds 1-3, too many issues and challenges. Maybe a better to put it, is we haven't had any "big succeses" yet under his watch. No great stories. Becton has been 50/50, Mims is an American horror story season, Zuniga is not real, Wilson just through red flags all over the field today, and Moore (not really his fault) is being thrusted into too large a role IMO to start. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Clock started the day he was hired. 

He's about 60-65% thru his allotted time as the NY GM if we don't see material improvement, and soon.

@Skeptable

Just curious which part of this you thought was so inaccurate it warranted a negrep.

I'm honestly confused, this was a pretty mild comment all things considered, true for almost every new GM.

Five full years and no real tangible improvement or winning, and JD is gone.  You do get that, right?

If not, by all means, I'd love to hear your take to the contrary.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Problem is he dumped tons of capital into OL and it’s worse… how can he fix OL, LBs, CBs, EDGE, RB all in one draft to make us competitive in 2022? Answer: he cannot. Earliest we will now be competitive has been pushed to 2023… and that’s if Zach hits…

2032 ?

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

@Skeptable

Just curious which part of this you thought was so inaccurate it warranted a negrep.

I'm honestly confused, this was a pretty mild comment all things considered, true for almost every new GM.

Five full years and no real tangible improvement or winning, and JD is gone.  You do get that, right?

Lol he just gave a thumbs down to 8 of my posts in a row.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

@Skeptable

He negative  reped about 80% of the posts in this thread. I really think it would be nice he make a point instead of just showing us he knows how to post an icon

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

@Skeptable

He is in the beginning of his 3rd year of a 6 year deal that is not 60-65%... 

2 drafts... 

Mac had a huge leash... Idzik was given the benefit of the doubt... Not JD... All these trolls on this site go crazy after 2 games with an entirely new regime... 

He is not on a short leash only to this disgusting fan base that is ready to throw everyone out after 2 games... 

Did the defense play well... Well, yes actually they did great... Couple missteps at the end of the game... Does JD get credit for any of that... No, of course not they are too busy complaining about the health of his draft picks that were made for a different system and a different coach... 

Just imagine how good the defense would be if they had the star that blew out his Achilles because that's JDs fault too... 

How about all these rookie corners doing a hell of a job or safeties... Give me break... The crying in here is insanity... This fan base will never win until they have patience to stick with one solution and follow through with that desision... 

• Thumb Down 3

1 minute ago, Skeptable said:

2 drafts... 

Mac had a huge leash... Idzik was given the benefit of the doubt... Not JD... All these trolls on this site go crazy after 2 games with an entirely new regime... 

He is not on a short leash only to this disgusting fan base that is ready to throw everyone out after 2 games... 

Did the defense play well... Well, yes actually they did great... Couple missteps at the end of the game... Does JD get credit for any of that... No, of course not they are too busy complaining about the health of his draft picks that were made for a different system and a different coach... 

Just imagine how good the defense would be if they had the star that blew out his Achilles because that's JDs fault too... 

How about all these rookie corners doing a hell of a job or safeties... Give me break... The crying in here is insanity... This fan base will never win until they have patience to stick with one solution and follow through with that desision... 

JDs primary job is to acquire talent. His drafts and FA acquisitions have been disasters. Analysis complete.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

2 drafts... 

Did you just say idzik was given the benefit of the doubt but not JD? Lmao.

Douglas has already been GM longer than idzik ever was. Idzik was run out of town already by this time. And this week is probably the first time I've seen the fan base turning on him

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

Just now, Prodigal Syndicate said:

You just dont want to hear the truth. This is going to be another disastrous season and both Douglas drafts look suspect as hell. 

Call me when Big Joe drafts a pro bowler or has a winning season.

I am patient enough to see the culture change that is happening... You can see it in press conferences and in the way players speak... But the impatience of fans like you are already ready to fire everyone 2 games into a season... It's idiotic

• Thumb Down 3

3 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

You just dont want to hear the truth. This is going to be another disastrous season and both Douglas drafts look suspect as hell. 

Call me when Big Joe drafts a pro bowler or has a winning season.

And not all probowlers show in their rookie season. 

• Thumb Down 2