Today’s attendance was 54000

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It is unfair that a paying customer with premium parking passes still has to arrive 2+ hours before kickoff simply because he won't be let in to a parking lot that he has paid for a spot in because a bunch of selfish drunks are taking up multiple parking spots.

That guy on Sunday across from me took up 6 parking spots.  That means he sent 5 families to remote lots all the way by Pegasus so he could eat a hot dog.  Does he think about that?  Does he care?  Does it matter to him that my son and I couldn't go to his ice hockey game on Sunday because even though it ended at 11:30 I knew it would mean I couldn't get in Lot E at 12:00?  Nope.  F-them.

SAR I

I had to weave slowly through the unwashed masses in the shi!tshow that is Lot J, but when I crossed over to F/G, plenty of spots. It was 11:30.  Lot E is your problem.

26 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It is unfair that a paying customer with premium parking passes still has to arrive 2+ hours before kickoff simply because he won't be let in to a parking lot that he has paid for a spot in because a bunch of selfish drunks are taking up multiple parking spots.

That guy on Sunday across from me took up 6 parking spots.  That means he sent 5 families to remote lots all the way by Pegasus so he could eat a hot dog.  Does he think about that?  Does he care?  Does it matter to him that my son and I couldn't go to his ice hockey game on Sunday because even though it ended at 11:30 I knew it would mean I couldn't get in Lot E at 12:00?  Nope.  F-them.

SAR I

They should have some sort of valet service then. I literally haven’t parked my car going into the district for a meal or a show in a decade. Place doesn’t have valet then I go someplace else. Just easier, thankfully I do t go that often, but I understand your point. Well, unless one of my sons is with me, than they provide the service. Haha 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

If have you not learned in life that others sometimes inconvenience your own priorities, well then I commend you because you have  indeed lived a privileged life.  

I do hope this one is of your tongue in cheek kind of trolling on a slow day at the office. 

It's not an inconvenience, it's just rude.  You pay for 1 parking space, you are entitled to 1 parking space.  Not 6, not 4, not 2.  Just 1.

I shouldn't have to get to a football game 3 hours early because some unwashed from Long Island want to drink beer and relive their high school glory days.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

If have you not learned in life that others sometimes inconvenience your own priorities, well then I commend you because you have  indeed lived a privileged life.  

I do hope this one is of your tongue in cheek kind of trolling on a slow day at the office. 

why can't this fellow park farther away from the stadium and then use up 2-3 parking spots.  i know it's an "inconvenience" for them - but perhaps they have lived a priviledged life.

i want to be able to stroll into the E/F parking lots at 12:15pm and get into the stadium at 12:30.  but entering the stadium is terrible and so is finding parking.

Interesting. It sounded loud on TV and didn't seem empty when they showed shots of the stands -- seemed like it was almost an unusually enthusiastic group of Jets fans every time they cut to it. Guess that's what happens when you look competitive for the first time all season.

This is probably the game I would have gone to if the wife weren't pregnant. 

50 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

why can't this fellow park farther away from the stadium and then use up 2-3 parking spots.  i know it's an "inconvenience" for them - but perhaps they have lived a priviledged life.

i want to be able to stroll into the E/F parking lots at 12:15pm and get into the stadium at 12:30.  but entering the stadium is terrible and so is finding parking.

These are know encumbrances of attending sporting events. First come, first serve. Caveat emptor.

3 minutes ago, Randy Rasmussen said:

I guess you have low expectations

I expect a clean facility that's easy to get in/out of with short concession lines and strong sight lines.  Mission accomplished.

All this focus on nonsense like a brick facade or a dome is stupid.  CitiField is better looking than Yankee Stadium, it emulates Ebbets Field, yet it doesn't draw fans, doesn't make the Mets a winning franchise, doesn't stop the whining on sports talk radio.  So what's the point?  If our stadium looked like an aircraft carrier and cost $1T to build, so what?  

The color of a plastic seat never won a football game.

SAR I

31 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I expect a clean facility that's easy to get in/out of with short concession lines and strong sight lines.  Mission accomplished.

All this focus on nonsense like a brick facade or a dome is stupid.  CitiField is better looking than Yankee Stadium, it emulates Ebbets Field, yet it doesn't draw fans, doesn't make the Mets a winning franchise, doesn't stop the whining on sports talk radio.  So what's the point?  If our stadium looked like an aircraft carrier and cost $1T to build, so what?  

The color of a plastic seat never won a football game.

SAR I

GoLocalProv | Citing President Bush, McKee Says RI Getting Ready to Order “Mission  Accomplished” Banners

2 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

These are know encumbrances of attending sporting events. First come, first serve. Caveat emptor.

Not when they sell the fact that Club/Premium seats get priority entrance and parking.  You expect them to honor that.  Otherwise I agree with your statement.

we pulled into the lot first home game to someone pissing on the side of their car.   Just lovely.  

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

Not when they sell the fact that Club/Premium seats get priority entrance and parking.  You expect them to honor that.  Otherwise I agree with your statement.

we pulled into the lot first home game to someone pissing on the side of their car.   Just lovely.  

In that case, you are absolutely correct and have a gripe. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Curious where did ya pull that number from?

Yeah, I am too. ESPN's game site said this:

Attendance: 70,232
Capacity: 82,500
85% capacity

Clearly it wasn't anywhere near 85% capacity. If 54k is just the OP's estimate, it's obviously more accurate.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, batman10023 said:

that's different than folks taking up 2 spots so others can't park.  i have seen some who take up 3 spots (although often they are tailgating with the person 2 spots away.

I know I just look for every opportunity to complain about the $125 lol.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, batman10023 said:

They increased port o potties this year to their credit. I think its covid related. 

No excuse to be peeing in the lot. Horrible. 

• Upvote 2

I get club seats once a year and it's a different experience.  Tailgating in the platinum lot is night and day compared to the gold.  A different clientele of people. Same goes for the seats and hanging out in the club. You get what you pay for.