Today’s attendance was 54000

10 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The Jets have been atrocious for 3 years.

They were 0-3 this season and got shutout last week.

54,000 might be considered an accomplishment.

I totally understand. But beautiful weather and a winnable game should attract more than 54K. The entire upper deck was almost empty. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I totally understand. But beautiful weather and a winnable game should attract more than 54K. The entire upper deck was almost empty. 

Disagree

no one should go until they earn it

i believe moron season ticket holders have enabled the Johnsons to be ok with a sh*t product

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 4
  • Sympathy 1

I did notice many empty seats in the lower decks on TV. I was unaware of how this stadium was constructed. I mean it's not that old. Maybe they should take some of the money that they have been robbing fans over the years and perform some serious renovations. It's no excuse regardless of the teams performances. I'm glad that I'm no longer up there getting sucked into that crime. Nothing personal to those who are season ticket holders. I used to be one. Traffic was a nightmare. Can't imagine it being better.

6 hours ago, PS17 said:

Even if the Jets were good, it’s 2-3 hours each way from Brooklyn via public transit and maybe fractionally faster when I get a ride. And the game day experience at MetLife sucks. If they had a stadium that were more easily accessible (i.e. not in Jersey swampland) I’d probably go to a lot more games. 

I hear ya. I was stuck in traffic and put in Brooklyn in my GPS for sh*ts and giggles and it was a 2 hour drive although it was only 15 miles. 

I live in Allentown, PA and it takes me two hours to get home. If I lived closer, I would go to every game but I try to go to 3 or 4 a year. Being a season ticket holder makes zero sense to me. 

6 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Well I was there and so was many loyal Jet fans. 

Asahme how quickly people quit 

I kinda see both sides honestly. You cannot put up 0 points and expect fans to be excited to spend their entire Sunday with you. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, johnnyjet said:

I was there. That’s why I posted it. The stadium in a nutshell sucks. It’s a grey drab building.  The “bunting “ is so faded in one end zone it’s not even the green the Jets wear. Lol. There’s not enough green on game day. And I’m sure there not enough blue either when the other team plays there. While it was loud, it could be so much better the 54000 in attendance were heard. Let’s hope the place is packed on Halloween. 

you said in the OP it wasn't that loud....

Good crowd for those that were there. In the  2nd half the noise level def picked up. It’s the COVID hangover that is hitting a lot of teams. Best way to get more people at the game is too get off your couch and go. Tix are affordable and the tailgating is great. 

Gonna be honest. Football is my least favorite sport to go to live. Besides the fact that it’s a better view on TV, the whole atmosphere at football games just aren’t for me. I know it’s the minority but to me, more so then any other sport, a lot of people are just there  to get sh*t faced and get away from there wives. It’s just not that enjoyable for me, when I’m really interested in the game. Not the booze and food. I do go probably once twice a year but the drunks and the just down right terrible commute to get out of there, really dampen my experience going live 

• Sympathy 1

Watched the highlights and yes. It was loud on tv.  I also noticed they never panned to the entire stadium. At least the clips I saw.  I just hope the Jets beat the Falcons and perhaps get a little excitement going. Oh and the traffic was horrific as usual. Over 3 hours to Long Island. I blame the yankeees lol. 

• Upvote 1

It's arguably the worst architectural disaster built in the past 20 years, it was a beautiful fall day, the team has averaged 4 -6 wins for a decade, and parking is a nightmare. It would be more disturbing if the place was sold out.

That being said, the second half was loud as hell on tv, and like others have mentioned, if they win, it will be filled. It's that simple.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Anthony Jet said:

Gonna be honest. Football is my least favorite sport to go to live. Besides the fact that it’s a better view on TV, the whole atmosphere at football games just aren’t for me. I know it’s the minority but to me, more so then any other sport, a lot of people are just there  to get sh*t faced and get away from there wives. It’s just not that enjoyable for me, when I’m really interested in the game. Not the booze and food. I do go probably once twice a year but the drunks and the just down right terrible commute to get out of there, really dampen my experience going live 

I couldnt agree more.  I literally HATE going to a football game.  I always thought it was because football is a game where I need to see and watch EVERY game.  So when the Jets are on.. I am on Red Zone in commercials.  No other sport does that for me.  When I go to a game.. I am locked in to just this one game.   By the time I get home.. the 4 o clock games are halfway over.  Ruins the day.  And yes, the drunks at the game just dont do it for me either.

21 minutes ago, elvispookie said:

I couldnt agree more.  I literally HATE going to a football game.  I always thought it was because football is a game where I need to see and watch EVERY game.  So when the Jets are on.. I am on Red Zone in commercials.  No other sport does that for me.  When I go to a game.. I am locked in to just this one game.   By the time I get home.. the 4 o clock games are halfway over.  Ruins the day.  And yes, the drunks at the game just dont do it for me either.

Boo-hoo

• Haha 2

Zach is an electric talent that has the ability to generate excitement (via eye popping big plays) every time he has the ball in his hands.  That's the type of player that attracts fans and gets the stadium rocking.  

Zach Wilson can be a game changer from an atmosphere perspective.   The dude is electric.

I actually enjoyed less fans.  Easy bathroom lines and no traffic leaving lol.  

I have Yankees season tickets and there were many games my seats sat empty since I couldn’t even give them away.  

People have concerns about covid or if there will be covid restrictions.  People’s priorities have also changed after sitting home for a year as well.  The Jets poor performance for the past decade also contribute.  

The place was quiet for most of the first half but the Jets offense played poorly.  Once the Jets finally scored a TD the place was loud and to be honest that might be the loudest it has been since the Patriots game in 2015.  

• Upvote 1