Jets fans should thank Bill Belichick for destroying the Jets this past Sunday.

Alka

Once the game got out of hand I was right there with you, saying RUN IT UP....

Stop masquerading this team as "developing" its just a really BAD team. Something has to happen. 

Will Woody shake it up? Will JD change his stubborn ways? Will Saleh actually do something different. 

That was a season changing game, you gotta take something positive out of that disaster. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

How does 54-13 mean more than 40-13?  What Belichick did in the last 7-8 minutes was completely classless and unnecessary.  As were the cheap shots on Wilson early in the game.  He and his teams have been doing this for years, along with repeated acts of cheating.  I didn't need Brian Hoyer throwing 40 yard passes in the last few minutes of a blow out to learn that the Jets are a bad football team.  And I would think that a coaching staff that lost Tom Brady to a knee injury from a below the knees hit in 2008 (a hit that led to the rule making such low hits on the QB  a penalty) would not teach it's players to hit other QBs low with intent to injure.  Belichick is a POS.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Well the other good thing is that everyone is going to instantly think that pats are a great playoff team now and that mac jones really is tom brady.

If the Patriots could play their entire 17 game schedule against the New York Jets, I would be thinking  too that the Pats are a playoff team and that mac jones really is Tom Brady!!

Thankfully, that is not the case.  The Pats are 1-4 against the rest of the league, and that tells the tale of who the Pats really are at this juncture.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

How does 54-13 mean more than 40-13?  What Belichick did in the last 7-8 minutes was completely classless and unnecessary.  As were the cheap shots on Wilson early in the game.  He and his teams have been doing this for years, along with repeated acts of cheating.  I didn't need Brian Hoyer throwing 40 yard passes in the last few minutes of a blow out to learn that the Jets are a bad football team.  And I would think that a coaching staff that lost Tom Brady to a knee injury from a below the knees hit in 2008 (a hit that led to the rule making such low hits on the QB  a penalty) would not teach it's players to hit other QBs low with intent to injure.  Belichick is a POS.  

Trust me the universe has funny ways of dishing out karma 

You are correct, but I am not upset that Saleh's fraudulent Defense got exposed time and again. I was sick of hearing him and the media and fans blame Wilson or Lafleur or the offensive line. Sure the Offense deserves their share, but Saleh would always talk about how hard his defense played and people even defended the defense. 

The defense got lucky the offense played bad because opposing teams eased up late. Bill decided  to just keep going and this exposed Saleh and his defense. He could no longer talk about Wilson needing to protect the ball or do more. It was all Saleh and his defense. It was great to watch him squirm. 

5 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Yawn. More whining.

You and this team need to grow a pair. Belichek rubbed our noses in it, and the Jets let him do it. That’s on them.
This is  pro football. You’re not sitting on a beach chair watching kids play soccer, waiting to give them a bunch of orange slices and a participation trophy.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

For a long time I fanaticized about the day when Brady was gone, the Pats sucked, and we were kicking their ass.

Well, Brady is gone and the Pats suck. But they're still kicking our ass because we're the worst team in the NFL while the Bills are living out the fantasy, lol. 

Nothing you can do but laugh (and not watch.)

and to make matters worse they’re doing it with a rookie QB.

The one with the “noodle arm” we laughed at them for taking while we crowed about picking Aaron Rodgers 2.0

6 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I agree that what Belichick did in the last few minutes was unnecessary and classless for the Patriots, but for the Jets, I am happy that it happened.  

At some point, the players as individuals need to show some heart and accountability, and have some pride.  I want players who respect the Jets logo on their uniforms and not allow what happened to happen.  

If getting embarrassed will wake up the coaching staff, JD and ownership, then I am all for it.  

I mean, Belichick did put in the backup QB, did he not?  And Bill did make his team take a knee after the 2 minute warning in the closing minutes.  What else do you want?  Bill hates the Jets, and I have not problem with that.

The Jets need to figure out a way to beat the Patriots; we've been losing to them far, far too long now.  Something has to give, and if getting embarrassed will help, then thank you Bill Belichick!!!

10 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

It was all Saleh and his defense. It was great to watch him squirm. 

I'm 100% with you!!  I loved watching Saleh squirm.  The pounding the Jets took removed the smile from Salehs' face, and did you notice that Saleh stopped clapping?   Saleh even cursed several times during his press conference, and I loved every moment of it!!  

No more excuses; no more "All gas, no brake" garbage.  Kick some butt, and get this team prepared to play football.  Figure out a game plan that works.  Stop telling me how great the "week of practice" was getting ready for the game.  We learned so much during the bye week nonsense.  

The Jets have been "getting their teeth kicked in" for years.  They have lost 19 of their last 38 games by double digits.  That's half their games.  The number would be even higher if not for some garbage time meaningless scores to bring games to within 10 when other teams take their foot off the gas.

Not. Even. Competitive.

The faces are different, but the results are exactly the same.  New GM, new coaches, new players, same crap product.  They can lose every game by 50 points for the rest of the year, and it will make zero difference.

32 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Guy's helmet hit WIlson's thigh.  Not exactly low or with intent.  That Wilson's leg was trapped under Guy as he well is unfortunate.

Neither was Judon's hit dirty.  A defensive player rides a QB to the ground.  Yeah, never happened before.  Again, unfortunate.

• Post of the Week 1

35 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You are correct, but I am not upset that Saleh's fraudulent Defense got exposed time and again. I was sick of hearing him and the media and fans blame Wilson or Lafleur or the offensive line. Sure the Offense deserves their share, but Saleh would always talk about how hard his defense played and people even defended the defense. 

The defense got lucky the offense played bad because opposing teams eased up late. Bill decided  to just keep going and this exposed Saleh and his defense. He could no longer talk about Wilson needing to protect the ball or do more. It was all Saleh and his defense. It was great to watch him squirm. 

I got zero enjoyment from Saleh's press conference after the game. Why was it great to watch our new HC squirm?  This is all tough to take. I take no enjoyment in watching coaches, players, or others in the organization struggle.  

9 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

Guy's helmet hit WIlson's thigh.  Not exactly low or with intent.  That Wilson's leg was trapped under Guy as he well is unfortunate.

Neither was Judon's hit dirty.  A defensive player rides a QB to the ground.  Yeah, never happened before.  Again, unfortunate.

I did not say Judon's hit was dirty.  

13 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

Jets suck because of conspiracies. Everyone knows that. We are obviously 1-2 bad calls a game away from a Lombardi.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I got zero enjoyment from Saleh's press conference after the game. Why was it great to watch our new HC squirm?  This is all tough to take. I take no enjoyment in watching coaches, players, or others in the organization struggle.  

I did. Put him on a grill and watch him wiggle. I’ll bring the 6 pack you bring the popcorn.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I had to watch him throw Wilson under the bus in weeks his defense did the rookie ZERO favors. He would talk up his defense playing their "butts off" and act as if the problem was Zach. Meanwhile, his defense never made big stops, never got Zach good field position. 

Zach was struggling, but the defense was JUST as bad. But he covered for them week in and week out. It bothered me to see my HC protect his defense but not the rookie. CJ Mosley didn't need to be protected. 

So that is why I was fine with Saleh needing to finally sit their and accept that his defense is as much of a problem as the offense. 

• Post of the Week 1

Hopefullly this is a wake up call to the coaches to get their heads out of their asses. What they have been doing has not been working and they need to correct it. This may also help Zach from seeing things on the outside and if anything white can hit the check downs unlike Zach. 

43 minutes ago, Alka said:

I agree that what Belichick did in the last few minutes was unnecessary and classless for the Patriots, but for the Jets, I am happy that it happened.  

At some point, the players as individuals need to show some heart and accountability, and have some pride.  I want players who respect the Jets logo on their uniforms and not allow what happened to happen.  

If getting embarrassed will wake up the coaching staff, JD and ownership, then I am all for it.  

I mean, Belichick did put in the backup QB, did he not?  And Bill did make his team take a knee after the 2 minute warning in the closing minutes.  What else do you want?  Bill hates the Jets, and I have not problem with that.

The Jets need to figure out a way to beat the Patriots; we've been losing to them far, far too long now.  Something has to give, and if getting embarrassed will help, then thank you Bill Belichick!!!

He did that because he didn’t want one of our players getting frustrated, lowering to his level and launch himself at his young QBs knees. Of course that would be called and possibly lead to a league wide rule change. 

11 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I think a lot feel he’s skating and isn’t putting in the necessary work to prepare a pro football team. Preseason practices were short and not intense. Feels like everything is a glorified walkthrough.

The Pats practices are intense and they play intense. Saleh has to decide if he wants to be a HC or not. These slapdick practices result in embarrassing losses.

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I think a lot feel he’s skating and isn’t putting in the necessary work to prepare a pro football team. Preseason practices were short and not intense. Feels like everything is a glorified walkthrough.

The Pats practices are intense and they play intense. Saleh has to decide if he wants to be a HC or not. These slapdick practices result in embarrassing losses.

This just seems like the new wave of coaching. No more yelling at guys like parcells used to do. Just hope and pray that these guys take their jobs seriously without any fear of being benched or cut.