Jets Trade for Flacco

SR24

The overreaction to the Jets deciding to bring back Flacco after an injury to Wilson is kind of funny. They gave up a 6th round pick to get a veteran with actual game experience back in here. Yes, they probably could have just re-signed him in the off season but who knows what Joe Flacco was thinking at that time.

Maybe he thought he had a better opportunity in Philly, maybe the Jets thought Nick Foles or a better option would shake free and they could sign them.

There's lots of things to get mad at Douglas about, making this trade isn't one of them. JMO

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

The overreaction to the Jets deciding to bring back Flacco after an injury to Wilson is kind of funny. They gave up a 6th round pick to get a veteran with actual game experience back in here. Yes, they probably could have just re-signed him in the off season but who knows what Joe Flacco was thinking at that time.

Maybe he thought he had a better opportunity in Philly, maybe the Jets thought Nick Foles or a better option would shake free and they could sign them.

There's lots of things to get mad at Douglas about, making this trade isn't one of them. JMO

It's a pure panic move through and through.

The biggest defense of Douglas on this board is that this is a total rebuild and tear down, even this season. That we are going to be this bad and somehow it's a good thing.

Giving up a draft pick for a vet when we are 1-5 is pointless. How does this move line up with the tear down and rebuild defense? What is the point of Josh Johnson? Why is White even on this team if he cant do this?

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

It's a pure panic move through and through.

The biggest defense of Douglas on this board is that this is a total rebuild and tear down, even this season. That we are going to be this bad and somehow it's a good thing.

Giving up a draft pick for a vet when we are 1-5 is pointless. How does this move line up with the tear down and rebuild defense? What is the point of Josh Johnson? Why is White even on this team if he cant do this?

I mean, they are 1-5 and just lost their QB for a while. They should be panicking to some extent. Especially after losing 54-13. Maybe he decided he wants a guy with legitimate game experience in the room for the rest of this season after that nightmare game yesterday? Maybe he wanted Flacco on this team in the off season but Flacco thought Philly was a better spot for him and wasn't interested in coming back? They talked to Hoyer and he wasn't interested, maybe Flacco was in the same boat.

I'm just speculating but giving up a 6th round pick for a guy who can possibly come in here and help Wilson and Lafleur is hardly the end of the world in my opinion. 

• Upvote 3

I mean, they are 1-5 and just lost their QB for a while. They should be panicking to some extent. Especially after losing 54-13. Maybe he decided he wants a guy with legitimate game experience in the room for the rest of this season after that nightmare game yesterday? Maybe he wanted Flacco on this team in the off season but Flacco thought Philly was a better spot for him and wasn't interested in coming back? They talked to Hoyer and he wasn't interested, maybe Flacco was in the same boat.
I'm just speculating but giving up a 6th round pick for a guy who can possibly come in here and help Wilson and Lafleur is hardly the end of the world in my opinion. 

You are talking with fans who would rather have a bad safety start at MLB than signing a vet in free agency. Just trying to help you keep things in perspective a little bit.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bostonmajet said:

Not too worried about that, FLacco is done. Do you think he sits back behind that line and takes the hits for the Jets at this point in his career?

All jokes aside, (and Lafleur too) semi competent QB play could have us 2 or even 3 wins right now.

Over the next 4/5 weeks:

• IND
  • MIA
  • HOU

All winnable. Not so much with the Wilson-Lafleur Midnight Express

• Upvote 1

Doesn't seem very controversial to me. Didn't think we needed a vet lurking for every fickle fan to call for every time Zach made a mistake game after game. But now he can't play, so we really need one. And he got one. Done deal. We have enough picks.

But isnt thqt exactly what doesnt make sense about it? Wouldn’t you want that competition? Wouldn’t you want to push your QB? I mean if yourQB cant handle that pressure, what can he handle?

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, SR24 said:

Yep fans need to just stop going to games at this point. The ones that do should be starting **** Joe Douglas chants every 5 mins, sell the team chants and **** Saleh chants. This is like planes and billboards level of incompetence 

Don’t watch.

Im not skipping 11 games for anyone

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Not necessary but really, you think fans who have been watching for 10 years will stop watching?

Don’t come at me with “not necessary” while you’re out here quoting me and thumbs downing my posts lol buddy I couldn’t give a **** what you do. You want to watch the Jets go right ahead I’m happy for you. I’ve been watching for well over a decade and see no point in watching this team at least until Wilson comes back. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Don’t come at me with “not necessary” while you’re out here quoting me and thumbs downing my posts lol buddy I couldn’t give a **** what you do. You want to watch the Jets go right ahead I’m happy for you. I’ve been watching for well over a decade and see no point in watching this team at least until Wilson comes back. 

WTF are you talking about?  Do you even know?  You’re whiny posts deserve to get thumbs downs.  I don’t even remember but sorry It’s an option that should be on all your sell the team that’s going to happen if you ask

• WTF? 1

15 minutes ago, RSJ said:

But isnt thqt exactly what doesnt make sense about it? Wouldn’t you want that competition? Wouldn’t you want to push your QB? I mean if yourQB cant handle that pressure, what can he handle?

I'm not sure if he needed competition on his plate on top of everything else. He seems highly motivated and hard working. Hopefully he just needs time and experience. If you want to say he should have sat while a vet played the first few weeks, OK. That may have helped, but then the vet would have taken all the reps with the starters. Would less reps have been the better plan? 

Right now I'm more pissed that we can't stop a screen play and ran up the middle twice to start the game. 

6 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Hes an ass

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

WTF are you talking about?  Do you even know?  You’re whiny posts deserve to get thumbs downs.  I don’t even remember but sorry It’s an option that should be on all your sell the team that’s going to happen if you ask

Lmao what are you going on about now??? Stop eating paint it’s bad for you 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

What a gutless move. Couldn’t bring in someone with at least hypothetical upside out of fear of hurting Wilson’s psyche. Minshew cost a 6th as well. Either he was the steal of the century or Flacco was a ripoff. Biggest white flag moment I’ve seen from this team in awhile. No heart.

• Upvote 3

I'm not sure if he needed competition on his plate on top of everything else. He seems highly motivated and hard working. Hopefully he just needs time and experience. If you want to say he should have sat while a vet played the first few weeks, OK. That may have helped, but then the vet would have taken all the reps with the starters. Would less reps have been the better plan? 
Right now I'm more pissed that we can't stop a screen play and ran up the middle twice to start the game. 

Good points. I feel like if you want to role with a rookie QB, you get a vet also. Flacco was perfect too. Also you build a really good defense (preferably not the Seattle three scheme) and a great running game. This way you dont have to ask the QB to do much. I was listening to Greeny today and he was saying his biggest problem with the Jets is they were a bad idea. I totally agree with that. We have a defensive scheme not meant for the Northeast. A running game meant for a dome team. And we dont do either particularly well because the team thought it would be a good idea to try unproven players everyplace. Its just an awful idea all around. Could have used more free agent signings or maybe even some trades for vets with some of these draft picks.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

For me I think Flacco possibly providing some insight into LaFleur is the biggest piece of the puzzle for me. I have serious doubts with LaFleur, not that Flacco would disprove him but if Flacco plays well then at least we can say "the rookie QB just has to get better"

Makes me feel a little more comfortable going into year 2 with LaFleur.

• Upvote 1

For me I think Flacco possibly providing some insight into LaFleur is the biggest piece of the puzzle for me. I have serious doubts with LaFleur, not that Flacco would disprove him but if Flacco plays well then at least we can say "the rookie QB just has to get better"

Makes me feel a little more comfortable going into year 2 with LaFleur.

This is an excellent point.

Would love to hear Flacco compare this staff to the old Ravens staff. Lol

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, jgb said:

What a gutless move. Couldn’t bring in someone with at least hypothetical upside out of fear of hurting Wilson’s psyche. Minshew cost a 6th as well. Either he was the steal of the century or Flacco was a ripoff. Biggest white flag moment I’ve seen from this team in awhile. No heart.

I'm not sure this is gutless, Douglas did champion Flacco in Baltimore. This feels like a very Douglas move to make.

43 minutes ago, Green hat said:

I'm not sure if he needed competition on his plate on top of everything else.

Lol. If a guy can’t fight off Minshew in the locker room, how the hell can you put him up against Bill Belichick and the NY media? The modern focus on building up self-esteem without achievement is not only hollow but young people know the difference. It makes no one feel better.

8 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I'm not sure this is gutless, Douglas did champion Flacco in Baltimore. This feels like a very Douglas move to make.

This was an “oh sh*t we’re about to be 1-8 because I didn’t do this before the season started let me try to save my ass” move. Preach the whole season about a youth movement and now we’ve got a 36yr old statue under center 6 games into the year with a 1-5 record. The timing is just foolish and screams panic from the front office 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1