Jets Trade for Flacco

SR24

16 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Some may not think it, but I'm telling you guys, this is a turning point for Woody Johnson. 

I guarantee you that this shakes his faith in JD a bit. He will hang on longer than we want him to, but this is the move that starts the snowball for ol Woody. 

No it won't.

The Woodrow doesn't care.  All he has to do is sit back and collect his checks.

• Haha 1

Just now, GangGreened said:

Gotta develop the rest of the players. It’s not fair to them to trot someone like White out there for 4 weeks

Yea like Flacco has been reading the Jets playbook over there in Philly just getting ready for this.

He won't be ready until the 2nd or 3rd game and even then it'll be horror show.

Gawd damn I hate Jets.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, peebag said:

No it won't.

The Woodrow doesn't care.  All he has to do is sit back and collect his checks.

On the contrary, Woody cares a LOT. He gets butt hurt about the perception of the franchise and panics. 

He has no huge loyalty to JD, that search was led by his incompetent brother. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, peebag said:

Yea like Flacco has been reading the Jets playbook over there in Philly just getting ready for this.

He won't be ready until the 2nd or 3rd game and even then it'll be horror show.

Gawd damn I hate Jets.

This is why you have him here before the season starts. I don’t like the move but it’s the only logic 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

#1 any qb coming into the league looking over his shoulder being worried is a joke and a bust.

#2 If I was a young hot shot I sure would be worried about joe fing flacco taking my job.  lol

It was all about getting ZW the maximum number of reps they could give him, what's so hard to understand about that . 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I can actually answer this one: Most people don't realize this but Johnson also functions as a backup for several positions on the team. Believe it or not he has experience as both a punter and a long snapper and had some success in the past with both. And the reason you didn't know about that is because I made it up.

you son of a....

you got me.

• Haha 4

47 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

WHY THE F*** do you not do this before the season or before you are desperate?

This is a panic idiot move, and flacco did so much to mentor darnold last year.

They definitely should’ve done it before the season

As for Darnold, the dude was in his 3rd year when they brought in Flacco. He shouldn’t need mentoring from a veteran QB at that stage.

But for a rookie Zach Wilson, who has had no one to lean on whatsoever? I think it’s a decent move.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, FidelioJet said:

The fascination with Gardner Minshew on JetNation is truly strange.

I've never seen a fanbase fawn over such a pedestrian and limited talent like folks here have.

Your attempts to be insulting never land.

You’ve been here watching us root for 53 pedestrian talent-level players every year the past 10 years.

Duh.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

That Flacco could have been on the team and not taken a snap from Wilson. They could have given him White's snaps. 

Maybe Flacco didn't want that , maybe he wanted to go to a team where he had a shot at starting. The Jets probably told him Zach is our day 1 starter .  

• Haha 2