Jets Trade for Flacco

SR24

Let me try to address one of the objections to this move--the one that says that it amounts to giving up a draft pick now instead of signing Flacco w/o compensation in the offseason. Even leaving aside the possibility that if Zach would have remained healthy late into the season, no move would be required at all--the fair comparison is spending 3.5 million for Flacco in the summer instead of spending about six or seven hundred thousand now plus a low pick. For me  that's a wash. To check my numbers look at Jason's site (Over the cap). I don't see panic or overpaying in this. The two other conversations going on--contradictory I may add--are  let's not win games or let's get Minshew and win even more games. Both conversations are beyond the scope of this post.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

funny how i read these comments people complaining over a 5th or 6th rd pick. most of you guys dont want him drafting at all LOL

you guys dont put into consideration that maybe Flacco didnt want to sign here to back up some draft pick. maybe he though he had a better chance to start in Phila.? 

i love how people look at FAs and say ... i want you so now your here. like the FA has no say in it. or that everyone want to come here.

same with a trade. 

this move tells you that there feeling the heat. they had to do something. and i like it cause now we get to see this offense with a vet who even though lost a step or two is a very good one. just like last year with Sam. Flacco came in with the same team and played better. 

and i fully expect Flacco to be better then Zach. doesn't mean Zach sucks just that he needs more time. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, doitny said:

funny how i read these comments people complaining over a 5th or 6th rd pick. most of you guys dont want him drafting at all LOL

you guys dont put into consideration that maybe Flacco didnt want to sign here to back up some draft pick. maybe he though he had a better chance to start in Phila.? 

i love how people look at FAs and say ... i want you so now your here. like the FA has no say in it. or that everyone want to come here.

same with a trade. 

this move tells you that there feeling the heat. they had to do something. and i like it cause now we get to see this offense with a vet who even though lost a step or two is a very good one. just like last year with Sam. Flacco came in with the same team and played better. 

and i fully expect Flacco to be better then Zach. doesn't mean Zach sucks just that he needs more time. 

White is still going to start

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Sure. But he’s talented with massive potential and upside.  

Minshew has a very limited NFL skill-set and has probably already produced the highest level of football you’ll see from him. 

One has shown he can play and win.

The other has upside… and has shown zero potential.

But sure.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, doitny said:

same with a trade. 

lol.  Flacco won't be ready until Zach comes back.

No matter how you paint this, it was a stupid panic move.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

White is still going to start

3 minutes ago, peebag said:

lol.  Flacco won't be ready until Zach comes back.

No matter how you paint this, it was a stupid panic move.

Flacco is going to learn the playbook quick. he will start Sunday

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Sure. But he’s talented with massive potential and upside.  

Minshew has a very limited NFL skill-set and has probably already produced the highest level of football you’ll see from him. 

Don't you know , everyone loves Joe Dirt.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TheClashFan said:

Jets trade a 6th round pick for a veteran backup QB to hold the fort and then mentor Zack Wilson.  Better late than never? This actually seems to me like an okay move...yeah, should've been done in the offseason, but no reason for me to switch to decaf...

It means the GM and coach don;t know what they are doing.  That is not concerning?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1