Revis

45 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

It’s so Jets that one of, if not there best player, to be hated by most of there fans 

Kinda like the Mets and Endy Chavez catch being a terrible memory 

thats what you become when you hate on your own team. and there is a difference between criticism and hate. but after a while of knocking something over and over again it happens to turn into it.

why dont they like him? he held out, wanted more money? went to the Pats...all BS.

hes one of the greatest Jets of all time.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, doitny said:

thats what you become when you hate on your own team. and there is a difference between criticism and hate. but after a while of knocking something over and over again it happens to turn into it.

why dont they like him? he held out, wanted more money? went to the Pats...all BS.

I don’t like him because it was about him. Not the team. Personal preference. Great player, never let off field effect on field first time around still don’t like him. Sucks. Is what it is 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, doitny said:

He’s second stint here he was awful. In terms of CB’s all time he’s not in my top 8 or so. Just never made a big enough impact turnover wise.

Everyone wants to hate on the guy for wanting to get paid like the best at his position…when he was clearly the best at his position.

I have no hard feelings 

He’s arguably, pound for pound the best player in franchise history.

He’ll never eclipse guys like Namath, Klecko, Chrebet, Martin or Mangold in the fan favorite department, and understandably so. But to pretend like he wasn’t one of the greatest to ever step on a football field during his prime is absurd.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Best player I've ever seen in Green. Very good athletic ability, flawless technique, superhuman practice effort aimed at constantly getting better.

Great player who wanted to be paid like a great player.

Used his leverage over the team in the same way that teams use their leverage over players.

Will rightly go into the HOF soon as one of the very best ever to play the position.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Yes I know that Revis is often disliked by many out here but boy was he good!!

He is disliked by a loud minority .. intelligent humans appreciated his greatness. Unbelievably consistant ... week in and week out awesome.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Yes I know that Revis is often disliked by many out here but boy was he good!!

and for the way he handled his time with the Jets, he will never be loved by any Jets fan.  It was his choice.  He could have been one of the loved ex-Jets.  Instead, just a great player who treated the team and the fans like sht.  I think more highly of Gastineau as a true Jet, than Revis.

Thanks for nothing Mevis.  If you ever enter Canton, please wear another team's jersey.

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Dunnie said:

He is disliked by a loud minority .. intelligent humans appreciated his greatness. Unbelievably consistant ... week in and week out awesome.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

One can appreciate his greatness ( I do) and dislike him at the same time, you know.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Everyone wants to hate on the guy for wanting to get paid like the best at his position…when he was clearly the best at his position.

I have no hard feelings 

He’s arguably, pound for pound the best player in franchise history.

He’ll never eclipse guys like Namath, Klecko, Chrebet, Martin or Mangold in the fan favorite department, and understandably so. But to pretend like he wasn’t one of the greatest to ever step on a football field during his prime is absurd.

His prime was short. Great player in 09-10. Honestly one of the most overrated players ever though. So many more DB’s who were better and had more impact over their careers. Revis didn’t force turnovers, didn’t tackle etc. once he injured his knee he was just another guy.

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Namath is more notable and more important.  I am too young to have seen Namath play live, but from what I have seen and read he’s nowhere near as good a QB as Revis was a corner.

Maynard too. Gastineau is a guy who’s comparable IMO. Short and dominant peak. 

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Maynard too. Gastineau is a guy who’s comparable IMO. Short and dominant peak. 

I just don’t agree with most of your assertions in this thread.  His peak wasn’t short.  I’d say his was elite for 6 or more years.   He also did force turnovers.  He was tied for 3rd in the NFL in interceptions in his 2nd year.  Tied for 2nd the year after.  Then teams stopped challenging him nearly as much.

He’s as elite as elite gets.  

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I just don’t agree with most of your assertions in this thread.  His peak wasn’t short.  I’d say his was elite for 6 or more years.   He also did force turnovers.  He was tied for 3rd in the NFL in interceptions in his 2nd year.  Tied for 2nd the year after.  Then teams stopped challenging him nearly as much.

He’s as elite as elite gets.  

Fair enough. Just saw too many DBs who made more plays IMO. Peanut Tillman forcing fumbles for over a decade was more impactful than what Revis did, IMO.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

and for the way he handled his time with the Jets, he will never be loved by any Jets fan.  It was his choice.  He could have been one of the loved ex-Jets.  Instead, just a great player who treated the team and the fans like sht.  I think more highly of Gastineau as a true Jet, than Revis.

Thanks for nothing Mevis.  If you ever enter Canton, please wear another team's jersey.

I love him 

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

Agreed.  Great player, but that is the price he paid for always chasing the $$$$.  He will never be one of those beloved ex Jets, nor will he likely be beloved by any fanbase he played for.  

.I doubt he regrets his choice,

• Upvote 1