Big Fat Rex got blown out a lot his last 4 years...look it up

WowOhWow

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Nonsense. Bullsh*t selective memory. Clear agenda against Rex.

We got stops when needed plenty of times. You don't go to two title games if you don't. The problem was Rex's defence were so good that they were judged to a different standard. They kept us in games we had no right to be in given our offensive performance so that when eventually they'd give up one f*cking score it would drive our delusional fanbase crazy. Those defence carried those teams and if he'd inherited a better QB than Kellen Clemens they could have won all in front of them. 

Wilkerson didn't suck at all. Richardson was like one of two good players drafted in the top 20 in 2013. Everyone busted that year. 

2011 lost last 3 games in a row, couldn’t stop Tebow etc.   From 2011 on his teams were bland, he actually inherited a good Buffalo D and made it worse.  

3 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

I would suck a dick for 8 wins.

This IrishJet guy has 41,046 posts.  I guess some on this board would think he's a good JetNation contributor.  Look at what he wrote.

What value does that bring?  The dude is like an infant in that when there's an opinion he doesn't like/agree with.

41k posts and plus 241k points...WTF.  What a joke.

3 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

This IrishJet guy has 41,046 posts.  I guess some on this board would think he's a good JetNation contributor.  Look at what he wrote.

What value does that bring?  The dude is like an infant in that when there's an opinion he doesn't like/agree with.

Are you alright?

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

Don't get hung up on the rep points. The original dudes positive repped bombed themselves so it's literally impossible to ever catch up.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Aussie Jet said:

Quinn at least got his team to a Super Bowl. Rex Ryan failed twice to get there.

I still can't put the debacle in Pittsburgh behind me.   Talk about Rex' D not showing up.  And when the finally do and the offense gets it close?  They let Ben stick it for a first down to close out the game.   Garbage HC and defense in that game.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, CanadaSteve said:

The offense the past three weeks has been better than Sporano's offense ever was. 

I wasn’t speaking about any specific offense, but since we’re cherry picking, Sporano’s first five weeks of 2012 was more productive than LaFleur’s first five weeks in 2021.

44 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

The ******* guy is literally willing to suck a dick to get us to .500.  What the **** are you going to do to get us the rest of the way?

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The year he went 8-8 to much fan fare the Jets got hammered badly in pretty well every loss.  On top of it I remember looking at those games and being astounded at how many big plays and big play tds we gave up. 

Rex also turned a top 5 Bills defense into garbage in two years.  So yes you an others have a good point about Rex and his boastful mouth.

However, this Saleh defense right now is worse than anything I've seen as a Jet fan.  The players are playing bad and the scheme sucks badly.

Thank you..

I for one wanted Saleh here, he was my number One Choice by far!

But Saleh's defense has been awful and what Rex did or didn't do here or in Buffalo is nothing more than a distraction at this point.

Saleh is in charge now, not Rex and he is responsible and right now the defense is a JOKE!!

41 minutes ago, jgb said:

Don't get hung up on the rep points. The original dudes positive repped bombed themselves so it's literally impossible to ever catch up.

I have never given myself positive rep.  Not intentionally at least.  I have no idea about the rep bombs though.  I only remember the neg ones for the true jackoffs.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I have never given myself positive rep.  Not intentionally at least.  I have no idea about the rep bombs though.  I only remember the neg ones for the true jackoffs.

I once had the lowest rep on this site.

The Mad King @Smizzy decreed that me and @Lurker aka @yisman were in cahoots by constantly negging jetsrule and redded me into oblivion. Which we totally were but that still felt harsh. In our defence I was a kid and he was a degenerate gambler. 

I miss the rep wars. Bring them back.

• Haha 1

I don't get this sh*t.  Rex never stopped flapping his gums.  Now he is a talking head paid to flap them.  He is trying to get people to pay attention.  I'm shocked, but apparently you guys are.  Rex went off the rails his last 4 years here, but I don't think he ever gave up more than 40 twice in a season   Saleh has done it 3 out of the last 4.  People are losing the message.  This is like people complaining about Stephen A. Smith yapping about Kevin Durant.  Who gives a ****?  He's paid to yap and he's yapping.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

It used to be so that rep was scaled based on the rep level of the giver. So the early folks greatly benefited from giving each other rep in a rep snowball.

Now it's 1 positive reaction = 1 point. 

Impossible to catch up to the leaders.

It used to be so that rep was scaled based on the rep level of the giver. So the early folks greatly benefited from giving each other rep in a rep snowball.
The question is ... who cares?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, WowOhWow said:

When the software went from v bulletin to IP? Or whatever it is now the calibration changed. @Maxmanactually snuck into my account late at night a few years back and deducted 200,000 rep points lol it’s only rep who cares?

based on rep @Thor99 is the best poster on this site next to Max. See how flawed it is?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BP said:

When the software went from v bulletin to IP? Or whatever it is now the calibration changed. @Maxmanactually snuck into my account late at night a few years back and deducted 200,000 rep points lol it’s only rep who cares?

based on rep @Thor99 is the best poster on this site next to Max. See how flawed it is?

I've been trying to get into the red for years but I'm just too darn likeable for my own good.

• Haha 1

The point I'm making is what value does "suck a >>>" bring to a sports message board?  The IrishJet guy is a thread killer.  Just look at what's happening here.  The clown is not even trying to offer anything...and apparently dudes like him are what the JN crew wants bc he's posted a million times (probably killed thousands of threads).  

I'm waiting for the if you don't like it leave crowd to show up.  I'm just pointing out that someone who offers that type of BS on a sports site is a joke.  If you all like it, want it...good for you all.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

The point I'm making is what value does "suck a >>>" bring to a sports message board?  The IrishJet guy is a thread killer.  Just look at what's happening here.  The clown is not even trying to offer anything...and apparently dudes like him are what the JN crew wants bc he's posted a million times (probably killed thousands of threads).  

I'm waiting for the if you don't like it leave crowd to show up.  I'm just pointing out that someone who offers that type of BS on a sports site is a joke.  If you all like it, want it...good for you all.

You mean it's his fault we are talking about rep here?  Interesting proposition.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

How the hell can anyone blame the HC for this D?  It lacks talent thats ready to play or incapable of playing.  

Tell us what is lacking in their schemes right now as opposed to the lack of capable talent

its not that nut, its what he says to kills me.

i love Saleh and defend him but im very concerned by this.

it you look at the season we were ok until the NE game. its like Bill found out how to beat our defense and everyone is following that plan.

then Saleh continues to say we have to execute better, not change anything. you keep hearing guys like Bart Scott talk about it, all we play in cover 0. why not change up to cover 2 sometimes. 

your right, we dont have the talent. especially to run this scheme and Bill figured it out. so either he changes something or we give up 40 pts a game till we get more talent next year. 

again i love Saleh, but i dont think he survives being the HC of the worst defense in NFL history. 

10 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

Followed.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The year he went 8-8 to much fan fare the Jets got hammered badly in pretty well every loss.  On top of it I remember looking at those games and being astounded at how many big plays and big play tds we gave up. 

Rex also turned a top 5 Bills defense into garbage in two years.  So yes you an others have a good point about Rex and his boastful mouth.

However, this Saleh defense right now is worse than anything I've seen as a Jet fan.  The players are playing bad and the scheme sucks badly.

Until Robert Saleh gets the Jets to back-to-back AFC Championship games, I give Rex Ryan the benefit of the doubt as far as Robert Saleh is concerned.

In the last 52 years after the Jets won the Super Bowl, the Jets have been to a total of four (4) AFC Championship games, and Rex Ryan was the head coach in half of those games.  

I will take Rex Ryan over all of our head coaches of the past 50 years, with the exception of the Big Tuna.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

How the hell can anyone blame the HC for this D?  It lacks talent thats ready to play or incapable of playing.  

Tell us what is lacking in their schemes right now as opposed to the lack of capable talent

You don't see how we can blame the coach for this?  He's a defensive coach.  The Jets added 3 or so CBs in the draft.  They got Davis and Mosley back.   They signed Rankins and Jarrad Davis.  They added 2 LB/S that they obviously like.  They added Shaq Lawson.  Yes, they lost Carl Lawson.  Boo hoo.  Did they have anyone like that last year?  Cause Gregg Williams and Frank Bush had a worse D with more injuries, were intentionally trying to lose games and they were not 32nd in points or yardage.  They are giving up like 4 or 5 more ppg than last year.   Pretty easy to see how you can blame the coach.

• Sympathy 3

14 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

You don't see how we can blame the coach for this?  He's a defensive coach.  The Jets added 3 or so CBs in the draft.  They got Davis and Mosley back.   They signed Rankins and Jarrad Davis.  They added 2 LB/S that they obviously like.  They added Shaq Lawson.  Yes, they lost Carl Lawson.  Boo hoo.  Did they have anyone like that last year?  Cause Gregg Williams and Frank Bush had a worse D with more injuries, were intentionally trying to lose games and they were not 32nd in points or yardage.  They are giving up like 4 or 5 more ppg than last year.   Pretty easy to see how you can blame the coach.

+1.  Good post.

3 hours ago, jgb said:

Look at you. 

Aren't you rewriting history to suit you?  Pretty sure you have been here longer than I have.  It's not my fault you had to get a new user name.  What happened to Johnny Green Balls anyway?

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Laughable.

We never even came close to what we are now under Rex. 3 straight seasons where it's all been over before November. 

It is embarrassing that the standards are so low but that's all the more reason to appreciate the last guy who had a team that could f*cking play. The fact that the fanbase treats the guy who gave us the most enjoyable two seasons since the Superbowl is what's embarrassing. Fans like you deserve to watch the garbage served up by the Jets every week when you admonish the coaches who actually done something here. 

You just sound like a desperate person with low expectations.... pining over a mediocre coach and a terrible talent evaluator ten years later is what's embarrassing.  It's like putting a plaque of Adrian Murrell on your wall. lol

16 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Look at you. 

Aren't you rewriting history to suit you.  Pretty sure you have been here longer than I have.  It's not my fault you had to get a new user name.  What happened to Johnny Green Balls anyway?

Lol wasn't complaining just explaining the massive rep #s from some of the old timers that can never be matched under the current system

5 hours ago, kmnj said:

Bottom line Rex and Parcells had us competing and their teams were fun to watch

the worst Rex team was much more enjoyable than our current regime and it is not even remotely close 

How many rookies and 1st years starters are on this team compared to Rex or Parcells teams . Everyone wanted a complete rebuild and its happening from the ground up , but with all the youth , injuries , new systems and coaches are we really surprised its this bad. 

49 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

He’s a HC who allows his DC and OC to coach their respective units.  It’s what we loved about him, that he would be that type coach as opposed to Gase and Bowls/Rex types who coached their units exclusively.

I care more about his in game moves.  Does he look like he has a clue and a chance.  Does he manage the clock correctly, punt, K or go for it at the right time.  Do his players play hard?  The team lacks talent.  Or has players, like the corners & S’s who are green and inexperienced mid to low level draft picks or off the street.  Plain and simple

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

He’s a HC who allows his DC and OC to coach their respective units.  It’s what we loved about him, that he would be that type coach as opposed to Gase and Bowls/Rex types who coached their units exclusively.  
I care more about his in game moves.  Does he manage the clock correctly, punt, K or go for it at the right time.  Do his players play hard?  The team lacks talent.  Or has players, like the corners & S’s who are green and inexperienced mid to low level draft picks or off the street.  Plain and simple

Okay, so you are putting it on Ubrich?  You are going to scapegoat him?  Fair enough that they are green at S and CB, but they picked those guys.  More importantly, that does not explain how/why the run D is so far beyond pathetic.

• Post of the Week 1