Berrios Signs 7 Year, $131 Million Extension

8 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Countless American youths don’t give baseball the time of day.

Then they see the contracts good but not great MLB players sign.

And then still won’t pick up a glove.

?‍♂️

Besides the pace of the game which doesn’t fit in today’s need it now, 160 characters or less society, I feel like baseball even at the lower levels like JR HS and HS take the most god given talent. Where as the other 3 major sports you can get by on athleticism in the early years 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Selfish kids.  My 4 year old made me watch him play soccer this year.  Soccer?  At 9 in the morning on a Saturday?  What did I do to deserve that.

I’ve being trying to tie my 7 year olds right hand behind us back to make him have to become left handed.  He just cries to his mom and she folds.  Soft.

#Iowa

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Selfish kids.  My 4 year old made me watch him play soccer this year.  Soccer?  At 9 in the morning on a Saturday?  What did I do to deserve that.

I’ve being trying to tie my 7 year olds right hand behind us back to make him have to become left handed.  He just cries to his mom and she folds.  Soft.

Hockey is 7:45am Saturday AND Sunday FML

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Bruh.... ???

Scary thing is that it's exactly the type of thing this Franchise would do. 

That's why my heart stopped for a moment reading that headline of this clickbait thread.  

Well done, sir.    You got me and the others.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Vin said:

How many seasons left?

$1,193,248.20 a year until 2035 when Bonilla will be 72 years old.

The anecdotal story is the Wilpons figured better to pay out Bonilla much more over time because by delaying payments, they would come out ahead factoring in the expected return that money would bring through Madoff.

Once the Madoff house of cards collapsed and Wilpons were facing insolvency, I would've advised them to offer Bonilla an ownership stake in the team in lieu of future payments. Maybe they did.

Bonilla's agents and lawyers deserve to be inducted into the Sports Representatives Hall of Fame.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, jgb said:

$1,193,248.20 a year until 2035 when Bonilla will be 72 years old.

The anecdotal story is the Wilpons figured better to pay out Bonilla much more over time because by delaying payments, they would come out ahead factoring in the expected return that money would bring through Madoff.

Once the Madoff house of cards collapsed and Wilpons were facing insolvency, I would've advised them to offer Bonilla an ownership stake in the team in lieu of future payments. Maybe they did.

Bonilla's agents and lawyers deserve to be inducted into the Sports Representatives Hall of Fame.

Damn....They should build statues of whomever his agents were 'cause that will go down as the ULTIMATE FLEECING OF ALL-TIME.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

14 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

Besides the pace of the game which doesn’t fit in today’s need it now, 160 characters or less society, I feel like baseball even at the lower levels like JR HS and HS take the most god given talent. Where as the other 3 major sports you can get by on athleticism in the early years 

What? The pace of the game sucked back in 1980 too. Boring, boring game.

Give me a frozen pond any day.

19 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

What? The pace of the game sucked back in 1980 too. Boring, boring game.

Give me a frozen pond any day.

Baseball there is no casual observer. Either your into it or your not. A lot of games played so regular season games will be nowhere near as intense as football until you get to the end of the season, but baseball playoffs, if you have a rooting interest are actually quite the opposite of boring 

5 hours ago, Vin said:

Damn....They should build statues of whomever his agents were 'cause that will go down as the ULTIMATE FLEECING OF ALL-TIME.

Bonilla also gets $500,000 a year until 2029 from the Orioles. His agents -- the best in the NAY-shun!

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Countless American youths don’t give baseball the time of day.

Then they see the contracts good but not great MLB players sign.

And then still won’t pick up a glove.

?‍♂️

Because baseball is the most boring game to play on the face of the earth.  You play a game for 3-4 hours and you have 2-3 balls hit to you and you get 4 at bats for total action of about 5 -10 minutes. The rest of the time you stand or sit and watch.  I coached youth lacrosse for 10 years and it shares a season with baseball.  Every single time I had a kid who played both baseball and lacrosse, the kid would eventually choose lacrosse.  They would play a baseball game and get maybe 2 at bats and field a ball or two in 2 hours. Then play lax and had more action in 5 minutes than they had in 2 hours of baseball.  I had a saying - "if you want to walk, play baseball.  If you want to run, play lacrosse."  No kid wants to spend two hours alternating between sitting in the dugout and standing in the field hoping a ball is hit to you.  

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Baseball there is no casual observer. Either your into it or your not. A lot of games played so regular season games will be nowhere near as intense as football until you get to the end of the season, but baseball playoffs, if you have a rooting interest are actually quite the opposite of boring 

I don't know man, I've tried to get into it and just can't. You may very well be correct though.

Even played a bit in the early 80s as a kid, but I hated it.