Flacco to start!

IndianaJet

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

If that’s actually true then why didn’t they IR him and free up a roster spot?   

Was going to be my response exactly.  If that is actually true, then this team is literally being run by the dumbest mother****ers on the planet. 

The more likely answer, there was never a ******* plan to begin with.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I’m not one to call for boycotts, but Jets fans should absolutely boycott this game. Let Saleh run Flacco out there in front of 60,000 empty seats. Don’t even put the game on your television. This move is a direct insult to the fanbase, and you should be pissed.

Lol is it really that serious though? Surely there are 60,000 other reasons to leave 60,000 seats empty on Sunday than this decision. 

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Lol is it really that serious though? Surely there are 60,000 other reasons to leave 60,000 seats empty on Sunday than this decision. 

they all planned to be there to when mike white took over the team lead in interceptions. This is gut wrenching .

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

Was going to be my response exactly.  If that is actually true, then this team is literally being run by the dumbest mother****ers on the planet. 

Exactly, they didn’t know what they had in White and they panicked the day after Zach got hurt and made a comical trade for Flacco.   The notion they had this plan all along if f***king absurd.   

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

they all planned to be there to when mike white took over the team lead in interceptions. This is gut wrenching .

Jets fans moan and whine over the smallest things. It’s one week. Probably should just moan & whine over the fact we’re fans of the franchise to begin with. That’s more worthy of a rise in emotion than one week where Flacco gets the job over White.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

Why ?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Because White isn't a washed up Vet who has no future with this team. I have been pro Wilson since day 1 and was not a part of the "OMG White is a franchise QB" crew, but he deserves more playing time than a JAG. 

The ONLY reason to start Flacco is out of sheer desperation from a Head Coach facing serious questions and legit questions about his ability to do anything right. He is a defensive minded HC yet his defense is one of the worst of all time. 

So how do you solve the problems on defense, well of course, you blame it on the QB. First he blamed Wilson, now he is blaming White. It's pathetic. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Holy hell. We’re 2-7. WHO CARES!?!?

So then why not just bench Carter, Moore, AVT and Becton the rest of the year to keep them healthy for next year? If we don't think playing games helps players develop what is the purpose to keep exposing all the other talented players on the roster to injury in "WHO CARES???" Games? 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

People on here were unironically giving Douglas credit for having this well kept secret amazing backup in Mike White. A masterplan that only he was privy too, and that's why we didn't sign the veteran everyone thought we needed. Flacco was merely insurance and not at all a sign of a team in shambles pushing the panic button.

**** Douglas, Saleh and this whole organisation. They've just exposed how out of their depth they are. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

What in the world does this have to do with Darnold?

Darnold has proven he is terrible. White is probably terrible but he's had enough moments that you can ask whether or not he can play in this league. 

If White plays well you have a potential asset. If he plays badly you move on with Zach. You gain absolutely nothing playing Flacco. 

This is giving Gore carries over Perine and Johnson all over again. Saleh can get f*cked. As bad as Gase.

It isn’t necessarily about Darnold, it’s about the thought process that White still should be given a chance to show something.  Show something to who?  You?  You think the Jets don’t know what they have in him?

The reason I use Darnold is because they have been in the league the exact same amount of time.  They both were Jets under this current regime for basically the same amount of time.  But one has had more then enough time to “show who he is” where the other one needs more time.  That’s dumb.  I could see making this argument for Wilson, but to act like Flacco is taking over for White who still has something to prove? Come on.

1 minute ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Hilarious fans are mad about which bad QB we’re starting. 

None of it matters unless Zach is in there. So much crying. Stop over analyzing every little thing. 

If Flacco plays well, who cares.  This is already a lost season.  Let's give My Quite more reps and see what we've got.  Yes he was awful against Buffalo but they're at least a great defense.  Why not see if he can bounce back.  Flacco is not part of this team's future.  Well, maybe he is (considering how idiotic this franchise is) but he shouldn't be.

If My Quite is injured, that's another story.  Though I'd still argue that Josh Johnson deserves the start over Flacco.

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Holy hell. We’re 2-7. WHO CARES!?!?

I think the point is that absolutely no one cares about the Jets under Joe Flacco.

This is Gase feeding Gore all over again - Actively sabotaging any interest someone could have. They actually expect Jets fans to pay to see this sh*t. They're a disgrace. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

People on here were unironically giving Douglas credit for having this well kept secret amazing backup in Mike White. A masterplan that only he was privy too, and that's why we didn't sign the veteran everyone thought we needed. Flacco was merely insurance and not at all a sign of a team in shambles pushing the panic button.

**** Douglas, Saleh and this whole organisation. They've just exposed how out of their depth they are. 

Not true.  But if we've potentially found a gem (even if he's a gem of a backup QB), let's at least see what we've got.  Starting Flacco is just a complete waste.  

Woo hoo another pointless week of football!

Did this window licker really make that statement about not giving up on White, only to bench him for Joe Flacco?

And why wasn't Wilson on IR? 

This org and its football operations never cease to amaze me in the worst ways.

This also smacks of the team promising Flacco he would be Be #2 when they traded for him and he did not show up right away.  Much like the tebow thing, flacco delayed getting here maybe was going to retre and the jets said, com on joe you are the backup you will be 1sy choice to play if wilson is not in there.

• Upvote 1

I think the point is that absolutely no one cares about the Jets under Joe Flacco.

This is Gase feeding Gore all over again - Actively sabotaging any interest someone could have. They actually expect Jets fans to pay to see this sh*t. They're a disgrace. 

Exactly this.

1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

If u read between lines he basically telling that white arm aint strong enough 

And how is White going to get experience if he gets buried behind a guy who is basically done?  This is the ideal time to learn about young players, giving them "live reps".  On top of that, where is the entertainment value of watching Flacco?  At least My Quite was fun to watch/root for.  

2 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Joe Douglas is embarrassed.

Got to hide and protect Zach Wilson and at the same time justify giving up a draft pick for a veteran quarterback he let walk this past off-season.

I would say that Joe Douglas is embarrassing. the vast majority of all of his moves have been an unmitigated disaster.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

You act like they’re playing Flacco over Wilson the rest of the season. He’s playing over mike fn white. 

What, we’re gonna miss out on white actively dumping it off to Michael Carter??

12 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Saleh is just trying to scrap another W together before the pitchforks come out and JD is trying to justify the trade.

Guy seems very sensitive to fan and media sentiment.

This is as good of an explanation as any as to what's going on with these decisions.