Flacco to start!

IndianaJet

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

So why the fck was he on the roster to begin with, why did we not keep flacco instead of having to trade for him, why did we not have another vet on the team from day one.

It is impossible to spin this in any manner that makes douglas and saleh look like they know what they are doing at the Qb position.

Maybe Flacco thought he had a better chance of beating out Hurts in Philly. Everyone always looks at these things solely from the jets perspective. I agree it was odd to bring him back when they could have just gone with Josh Johnson though. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is exactly a Becton situation.

Nah cause if they play a unhealthy Zach wilson and he got reinjured . You guys would be going ape sh*t.  I honestly dont care if flacco or white plays its one game.

but i understand if u wanna go the Qb who can atleast get receivers the ball down the field and not just on short stuff

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

If Zach is healthy and they are afraid to start him because Miami has a tough defense and don’t want the kid to get booed, then this is over before it even gets started.  

With defenders like these, Zach doesn't need critics.

8 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Nah cause if they play a unhealthy Zach wilson and he got reinjured . You guys would be going ape sh*t.  I honestly dont care if flacco or white plays its one game.

but i understand if u wanna go the Qb who can atleast get receivers the ball down the field and not just on short stuff

Considering the fact, you know, the PA shots are suppose to the Jets bread & butter in this offense.

2 hours ago, Larz said:

Only this franchise would do it ass backwards and bring in the veteran QB halfway through the season lol

this is about when a healthy and rested White should be making his first start 

oh well 

and Mike white sh*t his pants last week. No need to see any more of that. 

flacco car.jpg

17 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Maybe Flacco thought he had a better chance of beating out Hurts in Philly. Everyone always looks at these things solely from the jets perspective. I agree it was odd to bring him back when they could have just gone with Josh Johnson though. 

I'd rather see JJ starting this game

35 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

White had a game and a half so far above anything darnold has ever done it is not funny.

On top of that the same coaching staff were bleating a week ago that white had a good grasp of the offense, they had cofidence in him etc etc.

On top of that the organization went out of their way to have no vet presence at QB this past off season when lots were around as always.

There is zero upside to start joe flacco if one of the other younger qbs is ready to go.

The team seems totally panic stricken.

You are one of my favorites around here, so I say this with the utmost respect and not trying to be combative.

They say Wilson isn’t 100 so I will believe them.  So it’s White or Flacco.  While I don’t disagree that there isn’t long term upside to starting Flacco, it’s being insinuated by many that there is long term upside to starting White and I just don’t agree, nor can I really wrap my head around the logic people are seemingly using to get to conclusion.

• Sympathy 1

Now that I’ve cooled down, there is value for playing Flacco.

zach Wilson should watch Flacco play and think ok this is A guy with a big arm like me and let’s see how he runs the offense this way. Sure he’s a statue, but he can air the ball out. There is some utility there. This is A guy who has to stand up in the pocket and can’t escape. This may also allow Elijah Moore some downfield targets as well. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I’m cool letting Wilson sit but White not starting over Flacco sounds political ….which is why Woody Johnson is one of the worst owner in sports. He’s a bottom tier loser

What would make you think Woody had anything to  say in this except the color uniform Flacco would be wearing.  That's all he has commented on since his return.

2 minutes ago, Wit said:

zach Wilson should watch Flacco play and think ok this is A guy with a big arm like me and let’s see how he runs the offense this way. Sure he’s a statue, but he can air the ball out. There is some utility there. This is A guy who has to stand up in the pocket and can’t escape. This may also allow Elijah Moore some downfield targets as well. 

Yeah, yeah, that's it, that's why!

-R. Saleh

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I’m cool letting Wilson sit but White not starting over Flacco sounds political ….which is why Woody Johnson is one of the worst owner in sports. He’s a bottom tier loser

JD has a close relationship with Flacco. Hooking up his boy with an audition 

This is not Woody

4 minutes ago, Wit said:

My Quite Army will take note of your desertion.  

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They’re trotting out Flacco over both White and Wilson in a lost season wherein the team is the most gutless and boring team in football. The solitary excuse they can lean on is that they’ve sucked by design to get their young QB ready, and now they’re throwing that out the window and hoping no one notices. Go ask one of these suckers who pay $50 to park their car in a swamp in Jersey for three hours eight times a year if this is a “small thing.” Ostensibly, the football team is an entertainment product and the organization has decided it was ok to just air reruns of their worst episode while telling the fans to just deal with it.

I beg to differ.

Starting a QB shouldn't be based on "what the people want". This franchise would be in much more trouble than you think if that were the case. White had his chance. He wet the bed. move on. Mike White threw 4 ints. last week. So, as coach  you'd would be ok with granting him another start after such a stellar performance?

Zach isn't ready medically...you simply have to live with that fact.

The Jets haven't been entertaining for years. You're intelligent to see that.

You want to be entertained? Go to Vegas.

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Maybe we can start Josh Johnson next week. It’s only one game, right? 

Next week Wilson will be on week 5. Different story. The problem here is probably crying about Flacco over White in the final week that Wilson was expected to be out. you can sing Wilson is healthy right now until the cows come home. They said initially 2-4 weeks. They wanna ride the 4th week out. It is what it is.

49 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Wilson isnt 100%. He is on the 4th week on a projected 4 week injury.  definitely dont need another Becton situation. 

The sourness by people over this is not about Wilson not starting if he is still not 100% ready for any reason.

The sourness is about starting Flacco and the whole scenario where we traded for the guy after not going after a vet before camp.

Its about the coaches and front office praising the hell out of white 2 weeks ago and then dumping him for a guy with one foot out of the league.

Also if this was the Becton situation, we would jot be started Fant at LT, we would have traded for Jason Peters and started him instead.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

I beg to differ.

Starting a QB shouldn't be based on "what the people want". This franchise would be in much more trouble than you think if that were the case. White had his chance. He wet the bed. move on. Mike White threw 4 ints. last week. So, as coach  you'd would be ok with granting him another start after such a stellar performance?

Everything is designed to protect Wilson's (perceived to be) fragile countenance.

No vet QB in camp.

Mike White shocks the world by playing well so it very well can't be justified to hook him with the world watching. But one bad game later, bury him forever on a sour note. You can almost hear JD's sigh of relief.

Then give the next start to a 3-legged dog because the Fins just rampaged Lamar Jackson and one of the AFC front runners so he can take the bullet.

Finally, bring Zach back in against the one team that looks more lifeless than the Jets in week 12.

(and your comment about 'go to Vegas if you want to be entertained' is the most obtuse, patronizing thing ever written on the Internet)

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

What the hell are you talking about?  Buffalo is #1 in points allowed and #1 in yards allowed., #1 in 1st downs allowed, #1 in INTs, and #3 in ypc.  Miami is 24th in points and 29th in yards., 30th in 1st downs allowed, 18th in INTs and 15 in ypc.  On what ******* planet is their D "just as good as Buffalos?"   

Htrae

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

I beg to differ.

1) a Week or so ago the jets were praising the hell out of white now he is garbage according to them.

2) The jets brain trust went out of their way NOT to have a vet backup, like they avoided it.

3) We then panic trade for Flacco and he is the best option now.

Just pure bull. 

The people defending how the Jets have handled the QB situation are the same ones that thought it was logical to red shirt Hackenburg for  2 years.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Everything is designed to protect Wilson's (perceived to be) fragile countenance.

No vet QB in camp.

Mike White shocks the world by playing well so it very well can't be justified to hook him with the world watching. But one bad game later, bury him forever on a sour note. You can almost hear JD's sigh of relief.

Then give the next start to a 3-legged dog because the Fins just rampaged Lamar Jackson and one of the AFC front runners so he can take the bullet.

Finally, bring Zach back in against the one team that looks more lifeless than the Jets in week 12.

(and your comment about 'go to Vegas if you want to be entertained' is the most obtuse, patronizing thing ever written on the Internet)

I guess you never had "fun' in Vegas! lol sorry about that.

Mike  White is gonna be a backup...probably a good one. but it ends there.

No comment on Zach. The jury is still out yet.

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

1) a Week or so ago the jets were raing the hell out of white now he is garbage according to them.

2) The jets brain trust went out of their way NOT to have a vet backup, like they avoided it.

3) We then panic trade for Flacco and he is the best option now.

Just pure bull. 

The people defending how the Jets have handled the QB situation are the same ones that thought it was logical to red shirt Hackenburg for  2 years.

The hackenburg crap has nothing to do with this situation.