Flacco to start!

IndianaJet

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m not one to call for boycotts, but Jets fans should absolutely boycott this game. Let Saleh run Flacco out there in front of 60,000 empty seats. Don’t even put the game on your television. This move is a direct insult to the fanbase, and you should be pissed.

You are right but there were actually fans last week chanting for Flacco to play.  Never underestimate the stupidity of a fanbase. 

This move is just doubling down on stupidity.....Trading for Flacco in the middle of the season is stupidity and starting him over White in this spot is justify the stupidity.  All of a sudden this team is about winning games at all costs? lol  It's as dumb as Frank Gore being your RB 1.  I can't believe we hired a worse coach then Adam Gase...it's literally impossible to do.

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

What I’m curious about is the angst over this because Wilson isn’t starting or White isn’t?

Either.  If Wilson is healthy, he should star.  If not, White starts again.  This season is about next season and seeing what they have going forward in these young players.  If White is the potential future back up, he should play this game. If he craps the bed again, maybe he's not the answer as a back up and the Jets move on....next season.  Saleh should not be coaching for his job.  If that is what this is about, then the Jets are doomed.  This constant pressure on coaches to win to keep their jobs is directly counter to building for the future.  We saw this happen under Ryan, then Bowles, and Gase.  These meaningless wins in "lost" seasons mean nothing but lost draft opportunities.  Tell me please, how exactly did the wins vs the Rams and Browns help the team this season?  How did the 7-9 record and the 5 late season wins in 2019 help with the 2020 season? How did playing McCown in 2017 and winning 5 games help with the 2018 Jets?  I could go on and on.  This is a panic move by a coaching staff that feels pressure when it shouldn't.  If this is coming from ownership, then fire Douglas and Saleh now and let's move on now with an eye towards the future.  I'm tired of losing, but I'm much, much more tired of winning meaningless "feel good" games in November and December that actually hurt the team more than help.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m not one to call for boycotts, but Jets fans should absolutely boycott this game. Let Saleh run Flacco out there in front of 60,000 empty seats. Don’t even put the game on your television. This move is a direct insult to the fanbase, and you should be pissed.

But what about the game thread? I'm not boycotting that!. I have standards.

I think this isn't as much about winning, but more about trying to be competitive and give the other rookies/2nd year players a chance to succeed. It isn't only about the Ws and Zack (and White) growth. It is about growth for the team. Moore and Carter need to keep producing. If you aren't going to get Zack the experience, you want the rest of the offense to have the opportunity to succeed.

It is about the OL continuing to gel; it is about the growth of LaPuke in game planning and play calling. Again, Zack first, but he isn't ready so offense is the priority IMO

• Upvote 4

Just now, bostonmajet said:

I think this isn't as much about winning, but more about trying to be competitive and give the other rookies/2nd year players a chance to succeed. It isn't only about the Ws and Zack (and White) growth. It is about growth for the team. Moore and Carter need to keep producing. If you aren't going to get Zack the experience, you want the rest of the offense to have the opportunity to succeed.

It is about the OL continuing to gel; it is about the growth of LaPuke in game planning and play calling. Again, Zack first, but he isn't ready so offense is the priority IMO

WTF DID THEY NOT SIGN A VET IN THE OFF SEASON AND THEY HAD FLACCO HERE IN THE 1ST PLACE!?!?!?

There is no excusing this idiocy.

3 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

This is the same argument people gave for starting White over Wilson for awhile now all of a sudden people understand it when it fits their narrative? lol

yep i called this too.

its quite simple guys. you and the media crown MW the next FQB. then he fell hard. now thats the perfect time to give Zach his job back. but Zachs not ready. so you start Flacco. cause if White plays good again then......

Jet Nation and the Media: well we need to see another game from White...he has to start against Houston. well he played well against Houston so now i want to see more.... and more....and more...

all the while a healthy Zach Wilson sits on the bench while we develop his backup.

this is a smart move.

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

53 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

So all of a sudden Saleh is concerned about winning games?   He’s coached this whole year like wins and losses don’t matter, and now he decides to start a 37 year old QB?   

This is all about ending the Mike White/Zach Wilson comparisons.

If White played well Sunday, they wouldn’t be able to smooth Wilson in against the Texans. Then if White played again and beat Houston, half the fans wouldn’t want Wilson back.

It doesn’t matter if Flacco goes 32-40/400/3tds this week though. Everyone knows he isn’t the long term answer. They can give Wilson the next start.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Either.  If Wilson is healthy, he should star.  If not, White starts again.  This season is about next season and seeing what they have going forward in these young players.  If White is the potential future back up, he should play this game. If he craps the bed again, maybe he's not the answer as a back up and the Jets move on....next season.  Saleh should not be coaching for his job.  If that is what this is about, then the Jets are doomed.  This constant pressure on coaches to win to keep their jobs is directly counter to building for the future.  We saw this happen under Ryan, then Bowles, and Gase.  These meaningless wins in "lost" seasons mean nothing but lost draft opportunities.  Tell me please, how exactly did the wins vs the Rams and Browns help the team this season?  How did the 7-9 record and the 5 late season wins in 2019 help with the 2020 season? How did playing McCown in 2017 and winning 5 games help with the 2018 Jets?  I could go on and on.  This is a panic move by a coaching staff that feels pressure when it shouldn't.  If this is coming from ownership, then fire Douglas and Saleh now and let's move on now with an eye towards the future.  I'm tired of losing, but I'm much, much more tired of winning meaningless "feel good" games in November and December that actually hurt the team more than help.  

That’s all reasonable.  I won’t argue anything you say above.  In my opinion though, there are lots of assumptions being made about White.  For one, are we sure he’s healthy?  He left the Colts game with an arm injury from a weird hit to his throwing arm while in motion.  He wasn’t well enough to return to that game.  He took two shots of very similar nature this last game.

The other assumption is that, assuming he’s healthy, is that they don’t know “what they have in him” and need to see more.  He’s been in the organization 2.5 years now.  I think they know what they have.  What they think might not be right or something I or you agree with, the notion that they need more time to see what they have with him is not something I agree with.  This is his 4th year in the league.  

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, doitny said:

yep i called this too.

its quite simple guys. you and the media crown MW the next FQB. then he fell hard. now thats the perfect time to give Zach his job back. but Zachs not ready. so you start Flacco. cause if White plays good again then......

Jet Nation and the Media: well we need to see another game from White...he has to start against Houston. well he played well against Houston so now i want to see more.... and more....and more...

all the while a healthy Zach Wilson sits on the bench while we develop his backup.

this is a smart move.

Bullox.

White is a younger QB who has some upside even if most of the rational knew he was not some god after one game.   The reason for starting flacco is because you are too afraid white will play well?  Come on man.

• Upvote 3

Only this franchise would do it ass backwards and bring in the veteran QB halfway through the season lol

this is about when a healthy and rested White should be making his first start 

oh well 

and Mike white sh*t his pants last week. No need to see any more of that. 

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

A Fin fan friend just told me he doesn't think the Fins have ever beaten Flacco.

Who cares?
At this point of the season, what benefit is it to the Jets to win 2-3 more games if Flacco (orJohnson) is the QB?

The only two QBs who should be starting games from now on are White and Wilson.

• Upvote 1

IMO

Wilson would have played if he was 100%.  He' not

The reason Flacco is starting before White, is the same reason Flacco was brought in in the first place.  White is , and has been showing in practice the same thing he showed in the Bills game.  The CS is sure the Cinci game was a freak.

• Upvote 3