***OFFICIAL JETS VS TEXANS GAME THREAD****

T0mShane

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Of course there's a benefit to losing/tanking.  I can name several of those benefits we missed out on over the years.  Nick Bosa.  Laremy Tunsil.  Ryan Kelly.  Amari Cooper.  Devin McCourty.  Matt Ryan.  Andre Johnson.  And most or all of those names were players we were reportedly interested in.  

Name me the benefits of winning meaningless late season games.  I'll hang up and wait.

Stfu it’s not week 16 dude 

They have 6 more games after this win

• Upvote 1

Not Zach's best day, but I'll take it after not throwing live for about 4 weeks. I know he could have been much better, and I'm still befuttaled by his lack of accuracy on the short passes, but he didn't look as bad as he did the first 5 games. I certainly don't want this kid to be another Darnold, so I'm hoping he gets better.

Not much else to say so I'll take the win.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

I guess that 4th down play doesn’t count?
 The coach made the right call running the ball, forcing the Texans to use all their time outs, then going up by 7. The Texan offence was putrid in the 2nd half thanks to our defence…He gave the defence the chance to win the game and they did.

good job by Saleh

give him that.

The CS did a good job managing  the game but Wilson did not bounce anything except passes on the ground

The second to last drive they played for a FG after making that 4th down ay by running 3 straight  times and the last drive, a first down wins it and again they run 3 straight times. The team does not trust Wilson with the ball and the game on the line. 

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, JustEndTheSuffering said:

They point is sticking around to hopefully see it payoff (it probably won’t) 

What do you mean payoff?  Do you mean wins or playoffs?   I think most knew playoffs weren’t going to come yet fit a young rebuilding team.  I will always be happy fir a win.  I also think we have some good young pieces going forward.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Nobody is setting off fireworks but still as a fan usually when a team wins you have done happiness no?  Otherwise what the point of watching/rooting for them

When its a lost season and the W doesn't give me any hope whatsoever that there will be more W's coming, no, it doesn't provide happiness.

This is the 2nd worst team in the league we're watching.  We were the 2nd worst team in the league last year, too.  Nothing tangible has changed.  

7 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

They were down 14-3.  

And what did Zach Wilson have to do with winning today?  At his best, he was just kinda there while most of the other 44 guys did all the heavy lifting.  At his worst, he looked like easily the worst QB in the league.

Josh Johnson threw for over 300 yards off the bench a few weeks ago, with this same supporting cast and coaching staff.  Wilson couldn't even muster half that.  Against the worst team in the NFL.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jets723 said:

What do you mean payoff?  Do you mean wins or playoffs?   I think most knew playoffs weren’t going to come yet fit a young rebuilding team.  I will always be happy fir a win.  I also think we have some good young pieces going forward.  

The ultimate payoff is to see a Super Bowl in my lifetime. 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

When its a lost season and the W doesn't give me any hope whatsoever that there will be more W's coming, no, it doesn't provide happiness.

This is the 2nd worst team in the league we're watching.  We were the 2nd worst team in the league last year, too.  Nothing tangible has changed.  

So you watched hoping they would lose?

• Post of the Week 1

And what did Zach Wilson have to do with winning today?  He was just kinda there while most of the other 44 guys did all the heavy lifting.  

Josh Johnson threw for over 300 yards off the bench a few weeks ago, with this same supporting cast and coaching staff.  Wilson couldn't even muster half that.  

He scored the go ahead touchdown with a really nice run.

• Upvote 2

The ultimate payoff is to see a Super Bowl in my lifetime. 

Of course but like I said we knew this team wasn’t close yet.  When you’re a fan you just gotta stick with it.  Also winning usually makes fans happy otherwise like I said there really is no point being a fan of that team anymore 

• Post of the Week 1

And what did Zach Wilson have to do with winning today?  At his best, he was just kinda there while most of the other 44 guys did all the heavy lifting.  At his worst, he looked like easily the worst QB in the league.
Josh Johnson threw for over 300 yards off the bench a few weeks ago, with this same supporting cast and coaching staff.  Wilson couldn't even muster half that.  Against the worst team in the NFL.
You are all in! Love the enthusiasm!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

They were in the game against the Falcons and the Dolphins, but in reality it doesn't matter; we beat the Titans and people were like we should have lost we got lucky - and when close this board said over and over - it is this W.

You guys love to be unhappy. All year long we knew this team wouldn't be any good and after every loss, it is fire JD, fire Saleh; Mike White is great - Mike White sucks. A win is a win - Whatever - enjoy your misery... 

I don't love to be unhappy.  I'd like my team to not suck.  We still suck.  We just happen to suck less than the Houston Texans, and that's the ONLY team we suck less than, apparently.  

The worst part about this season hasn't been the what we've seen at the Qb position esp from Zach. It's been all of the breakdowns on defense. When you go in that direction your team isn't competitive. So the defense put up a good game vs a veteran Qb who is capable of winning games. He won one last week. So that's why I say a step in the right direction. 

• Upvote 1

And what did Zach Wilson have to do with winning today?  He was just kinda there while most of the other 44 guys did all the heavy lifting.  

Josh Johnson did that in mop up duty after being down like 42-10. Not the best example. 

I think you are going a bit too far here. 

Wilson made some good plays in the second half (nice run on the goal line, a couple of nice throws to Moore) and the Jets scored back to back touchdowns and should have scored on at least three straight drives if the kicker could make a 42 yard kick

• Upvote 1

I don't love to be unhappy.  I'd like my team to not suck.  We still suck.  We just happen to suck less than the Houston Texans, and that's the ONLY team we suck less than, apparently.  
How do you explain the Titans and Bengals wins?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Always has been.  Some games he's absolutely dreadful but how many QB's out there don't have games like those? 

I wanted us to sign Tyrod this past offseason.  Now I want him even more, because then he'll stop kicking our a$$es at least.

This aged well

youre an excellent poster but you are the worst at evaluating QBs I’ve ever seen. ?

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Jets723 said:

Of course but like I said we knew this team wasn’t close yet.  When you’re a fan you just gotta stick with it.  Also winning usually makes fans happy otherwise like I said there really is no point being a fan of that team anymore 

It’s not your job to tell me how to feel as a fan but thanks for the input. I’ll be sure not to take it into consideration. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Zach can't even perform the most basic of fundamental football. He literally can't hit a receiver in stride within 10 yards he's terrible. I'm not sure completing those types of passes is something that needs to be learned aby a QB entering the NFL. I understand not being able to read a defense and things of that nature but this kid can't do the most basic of things a QB does without even thinking and that's very alarming to me

yet in his last 3 games hes 2-1 (and would have beaten ATL if the defense can make a stop after he brought the team back to within 3 with 7mins to go). 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

You’d think Josh Allen would have humbled you but I guess not.

Still love u bb, but let’s not jump the gun here. It’s been 6 games.

There was nothing to learn from Josh Allen, except perhaps to say that having a superior athlete at QB is a worthwhile gamble.  Otherwise there was no precedent to suggest a career turnaround like Allen's would ever happen. 

Zach Wilson is not a superior athlete.  And he can't complete even the shortest of throws, 7 starts in.  Not good.  Hoping/expecting for more Josh Allen's to come around is not a worthwhile use of emotional investment.

44 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

How many more bad games until we're all "beating a dead horse"?

The only thing I'm "obsessed" with is this team finally employing a decent QB.  That's it.  Decent.  A QB who doesn't embarrass me as a fan every week.  All I want.  

7th start of a rookie QB and you are ready to just completely move on. Whatever. LaFleur once again called the game to put Zach in a position to fail. No creativity, run on 1st and 2nd down like 80% of the time. Zach was bad but in their attempts to protect Zach they are not giving him a chance to succeed either.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rangers9 said:

The worst part about this season hasn't been the what we've seen at the Qb position. It's been all of the breakdowns in the defense. When you go in that direction your team isn't competitive. So the defense put up a good game vs a veteran Qb who is capable of winning games. He won one last week. So that's why I say a step in the right direction. 

This is an excellent post - especially when you remember the reality that Saleh isn't going anywhere. You want to see this defense improve going down the stretch. 

If the Jets had lost this game, the board would be killing them - "Lost to the Texans LOL"

If you are going to kill them for losing you have to credit them when they win

It’s not your job to tell me how to feel as a fan but thanks for the input. I’ll be sure not to take it into consideration. 

When did I tell you how to feel?  Believe I wouldn’t give you advice if you had your back to an incoming bus ? 

• Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Why not?  Higher draft pick.  

That strategy doesn’t seem to be working anymore.  Would rather just get some W’s in hopes to make this team more appealing to FAs.  Plus, they’ll end up with another high draft pick that could just disappoint and have people blame JD and the owners for more things.  I’d rather just win.

6 minutes ago, Jetluv58 said:

So you watched hoping they would lose?

No, I watched hoping the team, and especially the QB, would play well.  They didn't.  So if they're gonna suck out there, might as well lose the game and improve our draft position.  

"Learning to win" isn't a thing, because bad teams like these get "flipped" and nearly half the roster is brand new the next season.  So I want to see the team play well and win, or lose.  Period.  Ugly wins are the WORST end result we can get.