Jets Place WR Corey Davis on IR Release S Jarrod Wilson Bring Back K Matt Ammendola Sign A WR and Release WR Keelan Doss

You know how race car crews have super-fast tire changers and mechanics?  What the Jets need to do is find a super fast kicker-taper crew  and  sign Ammendola again.

One of the big objections to having the same guy punting and kicking is that the skills require different type of tape jobs.  When we sign Ammendola to do both we can have a crew who can blur when taking off the punt taping when he needs to kick a field goal and ripping  off the FG taping when it's time to punt.  This saves a roster spot, which if filled by an offensive player might serve to have us kick FGs and xtra points more and punt less.

Remember, you heard it here first.

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

It’s amAzing how many no names occupy our roster 

The opposite amazes me. That so many players on our team are recognized by casual fantasy football players.

We have the same reason to be amazed on both ends of the spectrum on this one.

45 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Wasn't Doss like a fourth round pick that was on the raiders a few years ago? I remember him making some noise but he was immature or something?

He was hyped up a lot when the Raiders were on Hard Knocks and he put up some pretty big numbers in preseason.  From what I recall, Gruden sang his praises on the show, but not enough to keep him around.

21 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

90% of football "fans" could not name more than 10 players on any roster, other than the team they follow.

That the Jets do not have recognizable names on their practice squad is not large surprise.

We often forget that we who post here are the diehards who probably represent the top 1% of Jets fans as far as team knowledge goes.

I probably know the blood types of more Jets players than the average fan knows names.

• Upvote 1