Zach Wilson absolutely looked great today

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Clearly his best game as a pro - under very difficult circumstances.

He's been progressing every week and been a completely different QB since his injury/personal coach being hired.  

Y'all got the complete game you were looking where Zach was a major contributor to the success of offense today.  Still a ways to go for sure and we need to see this consistently - but dang this was fun to watch.

It's a shame we lost - but we're watching a young player turn into a franchise QB right before our eyes...enjoy the ride.

This season was all about Zach developing and hoping we had a QB for the future. We probably do. The kid just has it. Mentally, Physically, and Team-First Attitude.

If we won more than two games along with Zach developing . . . that's all I was hoping for. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, rbstern said:

Was a very impressive performance.  Good to see.  Let's hope this is an indication of his growth and not an anomaly.

He also looked very good against the Titans, and now he has shown that is not an anomaly. 

Given the circumstances in the Jaguars game, he played awesome and helped with that game, and he has shown that is not an anomaly.

The kid has the right stuff. There is a reason the coaches have said they haven't worried about him at any point.

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, derp said:

It’s quibbling, but I think he looked good - not great. And good is okay. I’m very happy with good. But think great is a different level.

When you consider the talent he played with, and then two key guys going down in this game including our starting RB, it was a great performance against an elite defense!  

GREAT!

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

At some point, one of these young QBs has to work out for us. Zach has as good a chance as anyone else we have drafted in my lifetime. 

Chad would have had a nice career here if his body didn’t break down, but break down it most certainly did 

Yeah, that's really too bad. Chad was a gamer. He never had "the arm," but he was ball player. Even when he could have claimed "too injured to play," he would show up with a good attitude. 

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

I think you'll see completion % go up once they get a bit healthier (obviously not this year) 

Otherwise I mostly agree.

You'll see the comp % go up if we had capable receivers who dont lead the league in drops

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Today was closer to "adequate game manager pro" than to words like "absolutely looked great" or "franchise QB".

No one would or should call todays game an "adequate game manager pro"

Especially since nothing in his game looks like he'd be a game manager.

And just a tick over 6' 2" isnt small, he's slight for now, but not short or small.  More than one broadcaster has commented that he is bigger than they thought he would be

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I've said in a few places that Wilson looked good today, he looked like he belonged on the field.

But we're a long way from calling it a done deal. Darnold had a few games at the end of 2018 and a few in 2019 that Wilson hasn't come within an AU of yet, so let's pump the brakes on the victory tour. He's throwing for 200 yards. In a league where 500+ isn't all that rare anymore.  

Great! He's not ballistically striking gopher dens anymore. 

Now we gotta get some people around him and see what he can really do. 

Enough with the drops, injuries, and Keelan Cole. And enough with the talk of a safety or Edge Rusher. 

Build the ******* Offense. For once!

Good post, but while I agree with you on the let's not get ahead of ourselves, he's not really had anyone to throw to other than Berrios the past 3 games, so while I get 400+ is very common now, let's hope we can get this kid a legit #1 WR, #1 TE, and the return of Moore in the slot. 

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, JetsRay said:

When you consider the talent he played with, and then two key guys going down in this game including our starting RB, it was a great performance against an elite defense!  

GREAT!

Agree to disagree. Run game was working, 7.1 YPA, I’m comfortable with good.

57 minutes ago, JetsRay said:

GREAT!

I thought it was funny how they kept bringing up Brady's missing weapons during the broadcast. They did mention that Edoga was the third string tackle but I don't think they brought up all the WR's, TE's and RB's the Jets were missing one time. This was while Brady still had Mike F'n Evans on the field to throw to, mind you.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

He had maybe his best game and I dont really have many complaints but a complete game? Not sure I can agree.

The 2nd half the offense wasnt nearly as effective and he got the majority of his yards in the first half.

I'd have to double check but I think it was something like 150 yards out 234 in the first half.

After losing his RB, LT and only TE with a modicum of experience. 

It’s a team game.  

It was a foregone conclusion the 2nd half offense—including Zach—wouldn’t match his first. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I thought it was funny how they kept bringing up Brady's missing weapons during the broadcast. They did mention that Edoga was the third string tackle but I don't think they brought up all the WR's, TE's and RB's the Jets were missing one time. This was while Brady still had Mike F'n Evans on the field to throw to, mind you.

And their own Elijah Moore, whoever that fast little receiver was. 

8 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

He had maybe his best game and I dont really have many complaints but a complete game? Not sure I can agree.

The 2nd half the offense wasnt nearly as effective and he got the majority of his yards in the first half.

I'd have to double check but I think it was something like 150 yards out 234 in the first half.

For a meaningful percentage of the 2nd half he was under the type of pressure that people pretended he was under all season while bailing on clean pockets and that they pretended Darnold was under for his entire Jets career.

Edoga was actually that bad, and Feeney performed admirably against Vita Vea, but come on…

10 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

That was due to the oline collapsing once Egoda came in.

24 minutes ago, Pac said:

One of the best 200 yard, 1 TD, 57% completion games I've ever seen.

It’s improvement, which is good.

Hopefully Buffalo has something to play for, as I’d like to see Zach face that D playing for real and not sitting folks. Another good test.