Is Joe Judge getting fired? What do you think? MERGED

Maxman

4 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

They are tough to read, I think he has done a pretty bad job so far but admittedly haven't watched every game. Do they run it back with Jones, do they take a QB at #5 or do they move the picks for Russell Wilson. I tend to think Russell is coming to NY.

Are the Giants with almost no talent going to also mortgage their future for Wilson? Seems questionable to me. After his last couple press conferences you gotta fire Judge. Hire a new QM and let him have the coach he wants. NFL teams so often do half measures. They bring in a GM force the previous HC on him, then after a year fire the coach and you have lost a year.

4 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Are the Giants with almost no talent going to also mortgage their future for Wilson? Seems questionable to me. After his last couple press conferences you gotta fire Judge. Hire a new QM and let him have the coach he wants. NFL teams so often do half measures. They bring in a GM force the previous HC on him, then after a year fire the coach and you have lost a year.

Definitely let the GM make the decision on keeping Judge but I would think he'd want to let him run it back so that he gets a dummy year and can hire his own coach after Judge gets canned rather than being tied by the hip initially.

It depends what it costs to get Russell. If you think you could have him for 5 years and all you are giving up is Jones and your 2 firsts then I think you have to consider it. The Giants talent is not as bad as their record implies IMO.

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

I agree. If I was a Giants fan I would want Judge out of there. He's clearly failing and if Gettleman is getting canned I also see no reason to keep Judge, like you said.

As a Jets fan, Judge and Gettleman should be there to stay

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Definitely let the GM make the decision on keeping Judge but I would think he'd want to let him run it back so that he gets a dummy year and can hire his own coach after Judge gets canned rather than being tied by the hip initially.

It depends what it costs to get Russell. If you think you could have him for 5 years and all you are giving up is Jones and your 2 firsts then I think you have to consider it. The Giants talent is not as bad as their record implies IMO.

Why would Seattle have any interest at all in Jones? He's sneaky athletic but I do not see a high upside for the guy. Wilson IMO is worth more than Deshaun Watson so starting point would be 3 1s I think.

I think I am alone in thinking that in the end Rodgers and Wilson go nowhere.

6 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Why would Seattle have any interest at all in Jones? He's sneaky athletic but I do not see a high upside for the guy. Wilson IMO is worth more than Deshaun Watson so starting point would be 3 1s I think.

I think I am alone in thinking that in the end Rodgers and Wilson go nowhere.

I think 2 top 10 picks for a 33 year old Wilson coming off a down year is not outrageous - Jones would be a throw in. Watson is only getting traded if his charges are cleared and is 7 years younger.

I think Rodgers stays, Wilson I'm not so sure about.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I think 2 top 10 picks for a 33 year old Wilson coming off a down year is not outrageous - Jones would be a throw in. Watson is only getting traded if his charges are cleared and is 7 years younger.

Rodgers has openly said that his relationship with the GM has dramatically improved since last season. He's probably a no-go

I don't see Wilson going anywhere either this season, but if the Seahawks have another disappointing season he's probably gone.

6 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Hm Nope. Mara loves him. He's staying and it's gonna be glorious. 

I remember the same thing with the Jets. I think it was Kotite (but now my memory is fuzzy); whomever it was, I remember him sucking and he gave Hess the game ball, and Hess was on TV crying about how this was the happiest day of his life - FWIW I cried too but for different reasons :-)

49 minutes ago, BeaconJet said:

I think he gets one more year, which will be a mistake.  Let a new GM pick his HC.

this is a perfect offseason for the giants to clean house and get new guys in there.  the daniel jones experiment is a fail and the giants have the draft capital to start fresh this year with a new hc.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, BeaconJet said:

I think he gets one more year, which will be a mistake.  Let a new GM pick his HC.

New GM picking his own head coach year 1 is overrated.  I bet GMs like getting a year to evaluate the coaching staff/roster before making any final decisions.  It basically gives them a free year.

It worked out perfect for Joe D.

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

They will swap out Gettleman first I believe.

Similar to JD here, a new GM will come in and will have Judge on a short leash to evaluate him.  That new GM will get an opportunity to pivot and hire his own guy after a year.

that's a mistake b/c judge will lobby to stick with jones and the giants have 2 firsts.  

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I understand it’s 2 high ones, but I really can’t  see them accepting a deal that only gets them back what they gave up for Jamal.   I think the fan base would revolt 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, BP said:

They’ve been hitting home runs lately. Who was the other idiot head coach they had that looked normal as offensive coordinator for them, and then when he got promoted to HC he started putting brill cream in his hair like he was Elvis Presley. He’s the dumbass that benched Eli for geno smith.

Screenshot_20220106-204210_Google.thumb.jpg.948a3027f83730ffa33deeb472a919cd.jpg

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, section314 said:

Actually heard on ESPN radio today that there is a story out there that Judge will have a decent say in who the new GM will be. Not kidding.

Well, by pure fluke this is how we got JD. Case wanted Mac out and JD in. Hopefully, it doesn't turn out as well for them as our last draft did :-)

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, bostonmajet said:

Well, by pure fluke this is how we got JD. Case wanted Mac out and JD in. Hopefully, it doesn't turn out as well for them as our last draft did :-)

Maybe they should hire Gase as GM to see if he is as bad of a GM as he is a coach

• Upvote 1