BYU fan got to chat with Zach Wilson a little bit this week. Here’s what he had to say:

Mogglez

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Copied and pasted the title from Reddit lol.  Prolific for BYU news I suppose haha.

Ah, I was referring to the free agent.  Lol

There’s literally only a small handful of free agent WRs that the term could apply to, and this would dismiss the possibility of trading for one if he specifically said “free agent”. 

Davante Adams - absolutely. 
Allen Robinson - great talent, but prolific?  
Chris Godwin - same as Allen, hyperbole?

18 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Jets plan to sign a prolific free agent WR1 in the offseason, and use almost all their draft picks for the Defense (with maybe one late pick for OL). He is feeling excited about the chemistry going into next year.

This is the single most important thing the team could do this offseason

• Upvote 3

•    Jets plan to sign a prolific free agent WR1 in the offseason, and use almost all their draft picks for the Defense (with maybe one late pick for OL). He is feeling excited about the chemistry going into next year.

There is no frigin way he knows this, and if it is true massive huge mistake I have been dreading horribly.

• Upvote 2

Well there's another reason why the Braxton Berrios type of player (And person!) will be on this team in the future

I'll bet you it's because he reminds Wilson of Dax Milne, his longtime friend and tiny but fast and reliable WR

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

•    Jets plan to sign a prolific free agent WR1 in the offseason, and use almost all their draft picks for the Defense (with maybe one late pick for OL). He is feeling excited about the chemistry going into next year.

There is no frigin way he knows this, and if it is true massive huge mistake I have been dreading horribly.

What “prolific” wr is even available?

Godwin (major surgery)

Allen Robinson (just put up a 400 yard year)

Gallup (major surgery)

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

What “prolific” wr is even available?

Godwin (major surgery)

Allen Robinson (just put up a 400 yard year)

Gallup (major surgery)

I can see the Jets signing Allen Robinson.  Had a down year for many reasons (eg. COVID), but may come with a bit of a discount because of it.  I don't recall if JD overlapped with him in Chicago, but Saleh did in Jacksonville I think.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Integrity28 said:

I don’t see the whole draft going to D either. Why would Zach know that and why would he know it now.

Well, there's only one way to find out.

He's probably just making guesses based on what he hears, and since this guy isn't a news reporter or anything, he probably just said what he thought.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Yeah I'm not buying this for 1 second. Could be an early smoke screen but even if this was the plan why would they tell Zach - and knowing Joe D's pace they don't even have a plan in place yet. This would also be neglecting the TE position. Nope.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

I’m not even sure JD knows what the plan is yet.  

Oh, he knows what the plan is. The question is, does he have the same plan as the rest of the front office and coaching staff?

Nobody knows.