IK did not sucker punch Geno

AFJF

1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

If you know the whole backstory on this you realize IK was 100% in the right and Geno was totally in the wrong. I’ve detailed it in the past on the old board, too tired to do it now. 

Long and short, it wasn’t about $600, Geno embarrassed IK in front of his whole home town. The $$ was just the straw that broke the camel’s jaw. 

Geno was in the wrong, but IK shouldn't have punched geno. Other than rex bringing him on as a stunt he essentially ended his own career.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

In the end it dies not matter how much of a dick the qb is, you do not go after the teams QB.  There have been a ton of dick qbs.

The jets oline should have just killed enkempali over that, but like other parts of our team out olines are low character at best.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

In the end it dies not matter how much of a dick the qb is, you do not go after the teams QB.  There have been a ton of dick qbs.

The jets oline should have just killed enkempali over that, but like other parts of our team out olines are low character at best.

This only normally happens when the QB is the leader and he is loved. This board has mentioned many times how sometimes the o line right now doesn’t even help Zack up…

• Thumb Down 2

52 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I dont know if Id characterize the 2015 offensive line, including Nick Mangold and D'Brickashaw Ferguson, as "low character at best. "

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, BeaconJet said:

I dont know if Id characterize the 2015 offensive line, including Nick Mangold and D'Brickashaw Ferguson, as "low character at best. "

Not beating the guy senseless is what exactly what i would call it on that incident.

I wonder what Geno bought them for line gifts at the end of the year.

Just now, Ghost420 said:

He wasn't good was his issue not punching a player. Remember when Steve Smith fought his teamate? No one cared

Steve Smith was an all time great WR and never broke his QBs jaw.

IK could have stuck around as a fringe/special teamer/depth guy, but nobody is putting up with that behavior from a fringe guy. 

2 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

If you know the whole backstory on this you realize IK was 100% in the right and Geno was totally in the wrong. I’ve detailed it in the past on the old board, too tired to do it now. 

Long and short, it wasn’t about $600, Geno embarrassed IK in front of his whole home town. The $$ was just the straw that broke the camel’s jaw. 

Dude you can't do this, you gotta tell us what the backstory was.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Is this new though?  I feel like I heard all of this already.  

I'd heard it from a reporter who I'd figured was spot on but there was a lot of "he's making it up for credibility, it wasn't in the room" type of stuff.

This was the first time I heard it this detailed form somebody who saw it.

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Ehhh sounds like Geno was practically begging for it tbh. Don't put your finger on a man's face like that when you're having words. That's how it ends every time.

JN mods do it to each other all the time and enjoy it.  ?‍♂️

3 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Just wished IK was the cop who pulled drunk a$$ Geno over.

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

I'd heard it from a reporter who I'd figured was spot on but there was a lot of "he's making it up for credibility, it wasn't in the room" type of stuff.

This was the first time I heard it this detailed form somebody who saw it.

Gotcha.  Good point.

4 hours ago, PepPep said:

IK is an idiot

Geno is an idiot

Mangold is hilarious.

You nailed it. Two immature idiots fighting over disrespect? Like either one of them needed 600 bucks?

I agree on Mangold and would love to see him work for the Jets in some form or fashion. I don't really think he has what it takes for radio or TV professionally, but maybe the type of thing that the Manning brothers are doing is probably more his speed? He can just relax and be himself he's a really funny dude.

I don't know him personally but he seems like a genuine guy.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

554706445_NickMangold_HallMonitor.jpg.126b4ecf5d45a5fb8227b4d793922d4d.jpg

Yo I started gigging in bars and clubs when I was about 15 years old. I can tell you this, you don't mess with guys like Nick Mangold.

He'll pick you up by the back of your neck like a kitten and talk nicely to you as he carries you out to the parking lot lmao!

Yeah he came out with his chest sticking out and I K did as he said so..

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

You nailed it. Two immature idiots fighting over disrespect? Like either one of them needed 600 bucks?

I agree on Mangold and would love to see him work for the Jets in some form or fashion. I don't really think he has what it takes for radio or TV professionally, but maybe the type of thing that the Manning brothers are doing is probably more his speed? He can just relax and be himself he's a really funny dude.

I don't know him personally but he seems like a genuine guy.

Mangold is the team's media ambassador (or something like that) to the UK now. Part of the whole thing about international media rights.

Sounds like he'll turn up at fan events as the team rep, that sort of thing. Similar to the recent London game where he was very involved.