Jets 1 of 3 teams to be on Hard Knocks?

No way any Jets fan should want Hard Knocks.  There are 32 teams.  It should be 30 years between appearances.  The Jets on Hard Knocks was one of the worst things to ever happen to the franchise. That was the beginning of the NFL hating the Jets.  Ryan came off as a jerk as did Revis and the rest of the team.  Let the Lions have a turn. 

And if you want to ruin Becton, put the Jets on Hard Knocks...........

How does it help the team?  I cannot think of one single good thing that comes from Hard Knocks and dozens of negatives.

• WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

No way any Jets fan should want Hard Knocks.  There are 32 teams.  It should be 30 years between appearances.  The Jets on Hard Knocks was one of the worst things to ever happen to the franchise. That was the beginning of the NFL hating the Jets.  Ryan came off as a jerk as did Revis and the rest of the team.  Let the Lions have a turn. 

And if you want to ruin Becton, put the Jets on Hard Knocks...........

How does it help the team?  I cannot think of one single good thing that comes from Hard Knocks and dozens of negatives.

Hey man, the last time we were on hard knocks, we went to the AFC title game!

• Upvote 2

Just now, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

You will never convince me otherwise.  It was cringeworthy every week. Why air your personal business on TV every week?  It's a bad thing to be on Hard Knocks and the Jets don't need that scrutiny.  

Yeah, I don't think it can help. It probably has no effect, but it can only hurt. 

10 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

You will never convince me otherwise.  It was cringeworthy every week. Why air your personal business on TV every week?  It's a bad thing to be on Hard Knocks and the Jets don't need that scrutiny.  

Cringeworthy? You must have watched something else. The Jets season with Rex was the best they had. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Lions are the obvious choice.  The coach has an . . . interesting personality. 

Rhule has a personality but watching him flounder in denial over Sam Darnold would just be sad.

Saleh could never live up to Rex (Hard Knocks HOFer)

I think I would watch just to see how they tried to get excited re: Sam Darnold.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

And if he comes in at 350 fans will still call him fat and lazy.  Just like they have since he was in really good shape last year.

I sure hope so. If he’s able to stay healthy and we get a high quality RG, our running game will be absurd. Teams will want to stack the box which is when we’ll unleash Zach and hopefully some new weaponz.

This is a big offseason for us and Becton getting back on track is a big part of it. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Cringeworthy? You must have watched something else. The Jets season with Rex was the best they had. 

As a Jets fan, it was not good.  It just drew needless attention to the team and what a bombastic fool Ryan could be. And negotiating Revis' contract in real time on TV week to week only helped Revis.  It's putting a TV camera in the Jets' house.  Would you want a TV camera in your house?  The Jets players and coaches are there to play and coach football, not star in a reality TV show (outside the games).  The Jets paid their dues already.  Let another franchise have it.  There's almost 20 teams that have not been on yet. 

• Haha 1

Hello yeah I wanna watch my team.  It’s all entertainment!! 

Something to look forward to - I think we get it because Zach Wilson is way more interesting than Jarred Goff.  Salah is the first Muslim coach whom is very comfortable in his skin, likable (and not condescending).  New York City.

It’s as good as done and I can’t wait to tune in. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Lions are the obvious choice.  The coach has an . . . interesting personality. 

Rhule has a personality but watching him flounder in denial over Sam Darnold would just be sad.

Saleh could never live up to Rex (Hard Knocks HOFer)

As much as that era imploded, THAT was a truly fun time to be a Jets fan!  Now let's go get a goddamn snack!!! 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

How do teams get “forced into it”? I thought it was voluntary? And why only those three teams? I’m lost here. 

https://thespun.com/more/top-stories/3-nfl-teams-can-be-forced-into-doing-hard-knocks

Basically, we can be forced because we haven't been in the playoffs in the last two years, don't have a new HC, and haven't been on in over 10 seasons. 

I think it hasn't been fully voluntary since 2014. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

https://thespun.com/more/top-stories/3-nfl-teams-can-be-forced-into-doing-hard-knocks

Basically, we can be forced because we haven't been in the playoffs in the last two years, don't have a new HC, and haven't been on in over 10 seasons. 

I think it hasn't been fully voluntary since 2014. 

I don't understand the playoff exemption.  At least make it just for the past season, especially after expanding to 14 teams.  The pool for Hard Knocks will be 1-2 teams every season with these stupid exemptions - or maybe it will kill the program entirely (which will be good IMO - hate the show and I love everything NFL).

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I don't understand the playoff exemption.  At least make it just for the past season, especially after expanding to 14 teams.  The pool for Hard Knocks will be 1-2 teams every season with these stupid exemptions - or maybe it will kill the program entirely (which will be good IMO - hate the show and I love everything NFL).

Kind of like the Yankees retiring jersey numbers. 

16 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Jets are boring.  Darnold is a mush.  Pick Detroit, please.  

If they pick the Jets, I'll still watch, but wouldn't be all that excited about it.  But I'd be excited to watch Dan Campbell.  

If they do Hard Knocks, it will be exposed that Kenny Yeboah is a secret beast and that these SNAKES have been holding him back. Snakes! I say!

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Seriously.  It hasnt been watchable since 2010 and Rex Ryan.  Dan Campbell?  I might tune in for that.  Dude might actually go get a Lion if he knows there are cameras around.

Agree fully.  Rex and his Jets had an appeal that no other team/season of Hard Knox has come close to living up to.