Robby Anderson wants to come home to the Jets

Rhg1084

I never thought he should've left, but I don't think there's room for him here unless we either:

1) get rid of Corey Davis (which ain't happening)

2) sign Robby over Berrios (which I wouldn't want)

3) Robbie counts as our marquee WR acquisition (eww)

Plus, we all know he just wants to get away from Darnold.

20 hours ago, Drums said:

I’d be ok with him replacing Cole 

I'm assuming Robby is going to want to be paid more than $5.5 mill, but sure, I'd take him for the price of Keelan Cole. Maybe we could still squeeze in Berrios and someone like Ridley, or whoever is good.

But I doubt it.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Of course he likes Zach's potential. Zach has the arm to hit him on deep routes, something Robbie hasn't experienced since Josh McCown was here.

Sam has a plenty strong arm in his own right.  Looked stronger to me last year than it did his entire time here.

17 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Najee Harris, Keelan Cole, Jameson Crowder, Darrell Williams (KCs 3rd string RB) Jalen Guyton (who I bet you don’t even know who that is)… what do they all have in common? They had more receiving yards than Berrios last year. And that’s with Berrios being our #1 WR for about 7 weeks 

Yeah, he doesn't suck.  Sorry you can't see that. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

too high priced at his current contract but he stays on the field which is more than can be said of any receiver besides berrios.

His contract shouldn't be a deterrent  It ends at the end of next season. We can afford to overpay for one season, until a new contract is offered. Agree completely about his dependability.  If Moore can't stay healthy, or anyone else, it doesn't matter how good they are.

19 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Anderson isn't at all a fit for the kinds of receivers we acquire here at 49ers East.  I don't see this becoming a reality.  

This.

I'm a Robby fan but Douglas let him walk (clearly thinking he was replicable with a bum like Breshad Perriman) when he was actually a good fit for the offense. This coaching staff has no use for a guy like Robby.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Biggs said:

If we can't upgrade the WR position enough where Anderson can't get on the field JD is a bum.  

That's what happens when you commit big .money to signing the flavor of the month Free Agent. the Jets now have serious loot tied up in Davis which makes him a starting WR from Game 1until he wiffs out or gets injured. Moore is a solid young player that has earned a starting spot. If Anderson is brought on he will play and may even earn a starting spot but he is going to have to wait for his shot. Same with any other Wide Receiver.

• Haha 1

The Berrios Supporters are the biggest bunch of flakes going, not just here but through out Jet Land, and now that Anderson has enter the picture they are the first to throw spitwads. I guess they feel threatened.

Not threatened .. just purveyors of the truth ...

id much rather have a crafty shifty intelligent tough as nails 3rd/4th receiver mostly playing from the slot guy than a one trick pony.
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Lets see ...

Robinson > Robby
Adams > Ribby
Godwin > Robby
Hilton > Robby
Smith-Scuster > Robby
Sanders > Robby
Mike Williams > Robby
Green > Robby
Crowder > Robby
Berrios > Robby
Davis > Robby
Cole > Robby

Unless Robby pays us to play here ... not happening.

maybe so but all of those guys would pencil in as no. 1 receivers.  i don't think anyone is advocating that for robbie.

Kind of confusing if you think Robby has issues with Sam. His biggest success in the NFL was with Darnold. There was that one Panthers game last season when Sam had that meltdown and Robby said a few things about it. Maybe just in the heat of the moment and frustration of a bad game. Overall Sam and Robby hooked up well. Robby’s contract stands in the way of making any deal for him unless he’s released. And there was no love lost between him and current Jets management after he signed with Carolina.