WR Chris Olave visits Jets

Rhg1084

51 minutes ago, hmhertz said:

Olave is a better receiver than Smith or Jeudy, excellent route runner,

acrobatic and faster than both

Dude. I was eating. 

FTR, I like Olave, as day 2 guy between pick 50-70... round 1 is imo preposterously inflated. Like, my god ppl. These highlight reels do not tell the whole story. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Olave looks like a future starter in the NFL with the versatility to be an outside receiver or line up in the slot. Early in his pro career, he could be a key contributor to a potent passing attack. Olave could be a high-end No. 2 or low end No. 1 receiver in the NFL. In the 2022 NFL Draft, Olave could be a mid- to late first-round pick, and he should not last long if he slips to Round 2.

https://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2022COlave.php

3 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Dude it’s not fans ranking him high. Plenty of teams, including your favorite. 

Yea? And lots of teams ranked Harry, Ross, JJAW and others like Dorsett high and yet here we are.  

I’m more than comfortable on my position with Olave, and idgaf which media pundit disagrees. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Dude it’s not fans ranking him high. Plenty of teams, including your favorite. 

Olave is the type of wr you don’t want your team investing a 1st round pick in, but then if a team like Baltimore takes him you’ll see plenty of highlights of him on red zone scoring long tds.  

9 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Olave is the type of wr you don’t want your team investing a 1st round pick in, but then if a team like Baltimore takes him you’ll see plenty of highlights of him on red zone scoring long tds.  

Like Rashod Bateman? Breshard Perriman?

Baltimore has historically been sh*t at drafting these wideouts at the tail end of the 1st round, and they keep doing it.

Olave isn’t a bad prospect but everything about his game is very finesse.

This sure as hell isn’t the guy who is going to fight for that extra inch on 3rd down, pinpoint the ball at it’s highest point in the red zone or be willing to secure the ball no matter what coming across the middle.

Basically the polar opposite of his superior teammate, Garrett Wilson.

Olave could probably go to a team like KC or Green Bay and carve out a nice role for himself. But I feel very confident in saying that he’ll never remotely approach the status of a #1 receiver in the NFL. I wouldn’t be shocked at all if even a developmental dude like Christian Watson ends up going ahead of him.

2 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Wilson was the 3rd best WR on his own team 

Olave is OSU’s career receiving TD leader 

If Wilson is worth a top-10 pick (he isn’t), Smith-Njigba should be worth multiple top-10 picks 

2 hours ago, MBGreen said:

Last season our WRs had issues getting separation....Olave fixes that problem.

Olave has struggled at times to do more than run slot routes. He gets what’s given to him. He can be crafty but he has also been challenged and lost outside in ways Wilson hasn’t  — too often for me look his way until late 2nd round, more likely 3rd round. 

Ohio had him play against outside against a decent Penn St defense and he was virtually eliminated from the game, save 1 play when he flexed into the slot. 

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Wilson was the 3rd best WR on his own team 

Olave is OSU’s career receiving TD leader 

If Wilson is worth a top-10 pick (he isn’t), Smith-Njigba should be worth multiple top-10 picks 

Jameson Williams was 4th in line at OSU (behind Wilson), then transferred to Alabama, put up one year of production where he was asked to do little more than run fast in a straight line, proceeded to tear his ACL at seasons end and there are still Jets fans who want to draft him in the Top 10 despite not being able to step on a football field again until November.

I could honestly give two wet sh*ts about college production, overall.

It’s all about how your game translates to the next level.

Wilson is already an A, if not A+ route runner, is fantastic at creating separation, has repeatedly demonstrated the ability to go up and fight for the ball at its highest point despite being a little under 6’0, and can work from the X, Y or Z.

He’s absolutely, head and shoulders, above Olave as a prospect and he’s going to be the first WR off the board come the 28th.

And unless the Jets pull off a trade for a Metcalf, Brown or McLaurin…I desperately hope it’s to us.