Pick your poison.. Hutch at 4 or Deebo for 10

You can have Hutchinson at 4 or Deebo for 10….but only 1…which do you choose?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Hutch or Deebo

• Hutch at 4
    • Deebo for 10

In this hypothetical scenario you are guaranteed one of those outcomes.  You can pick Hutch at 4 and draft some at 10 or keep pick 4 and draft someone else and trade Deebo for 10.

Obviously tonight we could get neither outcome.  Could we get both?  I’d soil myself.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I choose Hutchinson for what it’s worth. If Hutchinson is even a 8-9 sack a year guy and the player at 10 is a legitimate starter, we have a strong foundation.

I'd do the opposite. Dynamic offensive weapon with Deebo for 10 then a legitimate starter with 4. Could be JJ, Thibs, Sauce, Ekwonu, whoever. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

In this hypothetical scenario you are guaranteed one of those outcomes.  You can pick Hutch at 4 and draft some at 10 or keep pick 4 and draft someone else and trade Deebo for 10.

Obviously tonight we could get neither outcome.  Could we get both?  I’d soil myself.

I'll KT & Deebo ?

I feel like you have to take deeboo cause chances are you are not drafting someone like him...all the Pass rushers could be anything...

I take deebo

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Tebow at 10!

-Z. Wilson

In all sincerity, that was one of the worst if not the worst trade in Jets history. Not for what they gave up to get Tebow, but the qb controversy it created when Sanchez in 2011 had 26 td's to 18 picks which wasn't terrible and the fit made no sense football wise. Adding in the fact that it attracted the national media even more to the franchise after the gut wrenching last 2 games of the season of 2011 (Giants, Dolphins). Didn't need the extra attention.

Edit: Maybe Doug Jolley was a worse trade.

• Post of the Week 1

36 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Deebo all day

• already achieved success in the league

1 year.  

Last year, with 1400 rec. yards and 360 rushing yards.  Pretty impressive.

But in 2020 he only had ~400 yards (only played in 7 games, hmmmm).

And as a rookie in 2019 he had a respectable 800 yards rec. and ~130 yards rushing.  Good, not great, per se.

So we should be honest and clear, if we trade, we're banking on him being 2021 Deebo, not 2019/2020 Deebo.

I think there are a few WR's in this draft capable of 800 rec. yards as rookies.  

P.S. Since you mentioned him, Chase Young was trash last year.  Just say'in.  Total trash.  He's on the hotseat here in DC this year to step it up bigtime.

I'd prefer a straight trade of #10 for Deebo (if we get Deebo, I seriously doubt it looks like this, imo) ... but I think the better question: is it out of the question that Jets end up with these two?  

I personally want Jameson Williams or Hutch/Walker at #4.  DO NOT want to use the #4 to draft a CB or OT right now.   

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Would you rather live in a world without pillows, or a world without condiments?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I choose Hutchinson for what it’s worth. If Hutchinson is even a 8-9 sack a year guy and the player at 10 is a legitimate starter, we have a strong foundation.

Deebo. The difference between Hutchinson and one of the other edge prospects at 4 isn't big enough to make me pass on Deebo for 10

23 minutes ago, Warfish said:

1 year.  

And as a rookie in 2019 he had a respectable 800 yards rec. and ~130 yards rushing.  Good, not great, per se.

So we should be honest and clear, if we trade, we're banking on him being 2021 Deebo, not 2019/2020 Deebo.

I think there are a few WR's in this draft capable of 800 rec. yards as rookies.  

P.S. Since you mentioned him, Chase Young was trash last year.  Just say'in.  Total trash.  He's on the hotseat here in DC this year to step it up bigtime.

You are severely underestimating how good he's been.  

I'm sure someone from this class will fall to a team with a QB and get 800 yards, thats not the hard part the 1,400 yards and 18+ per is.  Just because someone makes the 1st part of the equation doesnt mean they can make the jump to great

12 minutes ago, Warfish said:

1 year.  

I'm comfortable with my characterization of Deebo as having "already achieved success in this league" on the back of last season alone as well as claiming Chase Young was a superior prospect (two years ago) than Aidan Hutchinson is today.

If the insinuation here is that Chase Young was overrated as a prospect/the draft is a crapshoot - doesn't that lend credence to trading picks for proven players... like Deebo?