Matt Waldmann Film Review on Breece Hall

42 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I'm not sure if this belongs in the draft forum or not, but this is a 20 minute video breaking down Hall by Matt Waldmann, who IMO is one of the better film guys on the internet. If you don't want to watch the 20 minute video, Waldmann is a very big fan of Hall and thinks he can be a star:

Note to all those saying “Hell yeah, this expert loves Breece Hall!”: Waldman hated Zach Wilson. Loathed.

https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2021/04/15/matt-waldmans-rsp-film-room-with-mark-schofield-qb-zach-wilson-byu/l

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

I'm not sure if this belongs in the draft forum or not, but this is a 20 minute video breaking down Hall by Matt Waldmann, who IMO is one of the better film guys on the internet. If you don't want to watch the 20 minute video, Waldmann is a very big fan of Hall and thinks he can be a star:

Let me just add this one to the thread as well.

Waldman does a great job that should lead into a great conversation with the other two host. However the other 2 just kind kind of killed the conversation. Hall's upside is absolutely tremendous in our system. 

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Note to all those saying “Hell yeah, this expert loves Breece Hall!”: Waldman hated Zach Wilson. Loathed.

https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2021/04/15/matt-waldmans-rsp-film-room-with-mark-schofield-qb-zach-wilson-byu/l

His analysis on Zach has proved to be correct to date.  The hope is that Zach continues to improve with a better supporting cast. 

It did seem that Zach chipped away at "some" of the flaws Waldman pointed out before Zach was drafted. 

The fact remains based on current body of work, including a really solid home stretch, Zach has a lot to prove in 2022... more than Mims, Becton, QW, and others that are the focus of less positive fan prognostications.

• Upvote 1

To return focus to Breece, I think Waldman's review is a must watch as it highlights a few skills and traits - particularly around his elusiveness in the hole, which sometimes looks like he is just executing a well blocked play.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Waldman’s top QB over the last three classes I believe, higher than any of the guys here, higher than Lawrence, is Skylar Thompson from Kansas State - the kid the Dolphins drafted in the seventh round.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, derp said:

Waldman’s top QB over the last three classes I believe, higher than any of the guys here, higher than Lawrence, is Skylar Thompson from Kansas State - the kid the Dolphins drafted in the seventh round.

As someone who has actually purchased Waldman's product I can confirm NOT TRUE.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, jNYC1 said:

His analysis on Zach has proved to be correct to date.  The hope is that Zach continues to improve with a better supporting cast. 

It did seem that Zach chipped away at "some" of the flaws Waldman pointed out before Zach was drafted. 

The fact remains based on current body of work, including a really solid home stretch, Zach has a lot to prove in 2022... more than Mims, Becton, QW, and others that are the focus of less positive fan prognostications.

I heard a really interesting interview with a former GM who was commenting on this class of QB prospects. He cautioned against trying to shoehorn a QB into the program because that QB ends up representing your vision for that program, and if that QB sucks or is a mush, then every other player on your roster infers that you, as the GM, don’t really have a viable plan for building the team, and it poisons the well for your rebuild. The giant red flag on Zach Wilson coming out was that he lacked leadership skills and he wasn’t beloved in his own locker room. I don’t think that’s a thing that you can fix, particularly if you’re not playing well. I think Zach Wilson has some problems in this arena, and I think the evidence for this is how much better the Jets looked whenever a non-Zach QB was playing QB for the Jets. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, jNYC1 said:

As someone who has actually purchased Waldman's product I can confirm NOT TRUE.

Not sure what product you’re reading. Page 139 of the pdf, page 123 in the bottom corner.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I heard a really interesting interview with a former GM who was commenting on this class of QB prospects. He cautioned against trying to shoehorn a QB into the program because that QB ends up representing your vision for that program, and if that QB sucks or is a mush, then every other player on your roster infers that you, as the GM, don’t really have a viable plan for building the team, and it poisons the well for your rebuild. The giant red flag on Zach Wilson coming out was that he lacked leadership skills and he wasn’t beloved in his own locker room. I don’t think that’s a thing that you can fix, particularly if you’re not playing well. I think Zach Wilson has some problems in this arena, and I think the evidence for this is how much better the Jets looked whenever a non-Zach QB was playing QB for the Jets. 

Weren’t you the one that was slurping all over Paxton Lynch a few years ago? If I am correct forgive me if I  don’t buy into your qb analysis.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Never heard this once.. 

55 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Can’t tell if I’m pro or anti Zach Wilson anymore. I’m have a split identity problem

My feelings in that issue haven’t changed, but I’ve been a miserable SOB here for the last year and I don’t feel like rehashing the topic (for now)

2 minutes ago, maury77 said:

My feelings in that issue haven’t changed, but I’ve been a miserable SOB here for the last year and I don’t feel like rehashing the topic (for now)

Lol. I love the guy but I don't ignore new evidence and that is looked at negatively here. 

You'll feel much better this year and then you'll own a black Zach Wilson Jersey. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I call Bull sh*t! Zach at the Rangers game with teammates, Zach flying all over the country to train with WR group. He’s a 22 year kid…. Once He starts speeding up the mental processing, throwing the ball away, not running backwards and all this bull sh*t stops. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

3 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I think Hall has a strong shot at winning offensive rookie of the year. I can’t remember the last Jet to do that.

Hall and Wilson are 4-5 in odds right now. London, Pickett, Burks, Hall, Wilson.

• Upvote 1