OT - Lets Go Rangers! (Stanley Cup Run)

48 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Is he ever!  

Buddy of mine who I played HS hockey with had kinda become a lapsed fan but he's gotten back into it this year. He texted me that McD has 28 points in 13 playoff games. I said he has to be the best offensive player since Mario (?). Game is so much faster now though. I'm also super glad he's not a punchable face having diving douche like Crosby. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

You are so full of it. 

Yeah, I'm so hurt. That's  why I have been rooting for them since they got out of rd 1 with that miracle comeback from the dead. 

I have no idea why you’re arguing then

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I have no idea why you’re arguing then

Because you're  claiming to have done something that nobody has. You are saying Rangers have not over achieved, you expected  this when nobody has. I haven't  said they are playing poorly or don't  deserve to be there but I know a lot of Ranger fans and they are all over the moon and say this is amazing what they accomplished. You said this isn't  amazing this was expected. 

• Thumb Down 1

19 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Because you're  claiming to have done something that nobody has. You are saying Rangers have not over achieved, you expected  this when nobody has. I haven't  said they are playing poorly or don't  deserve to be there but I know a lot of Ranger fans and they are all over the moon and say this is amazing what they accomplished. You said this isn't  amazing this was expected. 

I expected them to be here... I bought 25-1 odds of Stanley cup champions after last season... 

Now after they acquired copp, Mott, vatrano I am even more confident... The only people that thought they would come up short were 'analysts' and the die hard fans that always expect them to suck... 

Just like these analysts give the jets no chance or might skimp into the playoffs... I have money on them winning the afce and afc championship and superbowl... 

Jets are far less likely to accomplish this feat but there is always a dark horse... This year it's NY teams... The tide is turning

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

And so what, youre going to bludgeon it to death and change my mind.  Youre so sure that I didn't feel the way I said I did that youre going to force me into realizing I'm wrong about how I feel?  I never said this isnt amazing, find that one for me.  Playing like shlt, falling behind 3-1 and waking up to win the series was.  But not getting there.  Not playing like they should have and bouncing back.  Just dont make it sound like where they are wasnt a possiblity, open your narrow mindset to understand the only thing they did was win one series that they were a slight dog in.  One.  

You or the guy who sits behind you have an issue with me saying this

I figured they'd beat the Pens, because the Rangers are a better team.  I figured the 2nd round against the Canes would be a battle and they would be hard pressed to win but they could.  They did finish behind the Canes but only a few points behind.  So yes, there was no reason to think they couldn't be part of the last 4.  You can think I'm crazy but I dont know why anyone would be shocked that they've made it this far

its on both of you.  

Enjoy your day

24 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

I expected them to be here... I bought 25-1 odds of Stanley cup champions after last season... 

Now after they acquired copp, Mott, vatrano I am even more confident... The only people that thought they would come up short were 'analysts' and the die hard fans that always expect them to suck... 

Just like these analysts give the jets no chance or might skimp into the playoffs... I have money on them winning the afce and afc championship and superbowl... 

Jets are far less likely to accomplish this feat but there is always a dark horse... This year it's NY teams... The tide is turning

What are you thinking in this series?  I think it's winnable but we'll be the underdogs. 

NEGATIVES:

-I'm worried that we have too quick of a turnaround (wish we had 1 extra day off between these series).  We can't afford to fall behind early in the series against this team.  (We've already pushed our luck in 2 straight series.) 

-It will be an adjustment in this series because Carolina didn't really have superstars, while Tampa does. 

-This will be the one series where we don't have an advantage in nets (maybe it's a tie). 

POSITIVES:

-We have home ice.

-I'm thinking this is the series for Panarin to break out since it's going to be more back and forth (as opposed to the great forechecking of the Canes).  I wouldn't be surprised if Strome plays better too.

-If we get back Sammy Blais (and he has been practicing), that would be a shot in the arm (assuming he plays well).  Getting Goodrow back late in the Carolina series helped a lot.  So many blocked shots (and overall improved defense)!

Can't wait for the game!  LGR!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Skeptable said:

I don't  doubt you placed the bet. I use to do the same thing with the Jets. 

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

What are you thinking in this series?  I think it's winnable but we'll be the underdogs. 

NEGATIVES:

-I'm worried that we have too quick of a turnaround (wish we had 1 extra day off between these series).  We can't afford to fall behind early in the series against this team.  (We've already pushed our luck in 2 straight series.) 

-It will be an adjustment in this series because Carolina didn't really have superstars, while Tampa does. 

-This will be the one series where we don't have an advantage in nets (maybe it's a tie). 

POSITIVES:

-We have home ice.

-I'm thinking this is the series for Panarin to break out since it's going to be more back and forth (as opposed to the great forechecking of the Canes).  I wouldn't be surprised if Strome plays better too.

-If we get back Sammy Blais (and he has been practicing), that would be a shot in the arm (assuming he plays well).  Getting Goodrow back late in the Carolina series helped a lot.  So many blocked shots (and overall improved defense)!

The only thing that I don’t like about getting Blais back, is that reaves sits. It’s the right move but I like reaves. Granted he’s not as needed in the Tampa series as I thought he was in canes series 

OT a little but am I the only one that feels the 2x Stanley cup thing doesn’t hold as much weight as it should because of the Covid years, bubble etc?? Not taking anything away from TB. They are great but hockey playoffs with out fans, a full season, full 7 game series just isn’t the same

12 hours ago, Jet9 said:

Buddy of mine who I played HS hockey with had kinda become a lapsed fan but he's gotten back into it this year. He texted me that McD has 28 points in 13 playoff games. I said he has to be the best offensive player since Mario (?). Game is so much faster now though. I'm also super glad he's not a punchable face having diving douche like Crosby. 

Better than Crosby was/is? I don’t see enough of him because he’s on the WC. This playoffs he has been amazing. Crosby, as much as I hate him, is the best player Iv seen since Lemeiux, I’d love to say it’s Ovie or someone else but I’d just be lying to myself. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Better than Crosby was/is? I don’t see enough of him because he’s on the WC. This playoffs he has been amazing. Crosby, as much as I hate him, is the best player Iv seen since Lemeiux, I’d love to say it’s Ovie or someone else but I’d just be lying to myself. 

I haven't seen all that much of him but, imo, McDavid is a more dominant player than either Crosby or Ovechkin.  

11 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

NEGATIVES:

POSITIVES:

-We have home ice.

Aho is close. And NYR have superstars... 

Quick turnaround is typically good... Long breaks gets teams out of rhythm... 

I expect Rangers to win tonight... I do think they win the series but it's going to be very tough... Rangers need to get under their skin and get power plays since they are not a good even strength scoring team... In fact the kid line is better... 

A lot will come down to if tb can shut down Zib like Carolina and Pitt did with Staal and Crosby... 

Also how the kid line grows... It's obvious that kaako is behind because of his injury... But laf and philda are finally coming along... 

And ******* trouba has to stop giving up the Puck.... 

Goodrow was missed and it showed in games 4 and 5. 

• Upvote 1