Training camp won’t be the same without Connor Hughes

I don't like any of the beat writers tbh, and don't really care about him, but I did hear him say he's not going far and sounded like he will still cover the Jets, seems to be staying in the  NY market at least. He hinted he will also have a podcast. 

• Upvote 3

I’ll miss all the story’s of how he felt about the real stories.  

The next idiot will probably focus on the story, but I’m still holding out hope they get someone else who can focus on Conor’s feeling about the story.   They won’t know as much as Conor - but it will help us transition away.   

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Drums said:

I don't like any of the beat writers tbh, and don't really care about him, but I did hear him say he's not going far and sounded like he will still cover the Jets, seems to be staying in the  NY market at least. He hinted he will also have a podcast. 

I like Brian Costello as well. He’s an articulate guy. 

• Thumb Down 1

8 hours ago, Drums said:

It is very dangerous to be the messager of news about the Jets

soldiers falling GIF

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I never liked Connor Hughes.  Good riddance.

Ditto, that narcissistic tool can now go play with his golf stick. He’s clueless af about what it means to be a true journalist or a tool talking piece for the organization…

Damn thinking about it..  Saleh and JD did Connor wrong this offseason, feeding him all that bad intel to throw other teams off the players we really loved… ???

Salad had to throw Connor that bone with that interview after the draft ????

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, freestater said:

I'm past caring which journalism student gives us their hot take on this team. I'm much more interested in getting my Jets news and commentary from all of us here on JN. I have infinitely more respect and curiosity about the thoughts of true Jets fans that have known this team for decades.

It's a pretty dumb job to begin with but when these guys start getting a chip on their shoulder, they're unbearable.  Hughes falls into that category.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, HisNameIsRobertPaulson said:

Connor was the greatest beat writer of all time. Really going to miss that guy. Wish the Jets would hire him to a front office role-he knew his stuff.

He was also a really funny guy. Really miss his podcast-got me through my divorce. 

This is lazy satire, right?

On 7/12/2022 at 9:06 PM, HisNameIsRobertPaulson said:

Connor was the greatest beat writer of all time. Really going to miss that guy. Wish the Jets would hire him to a front office role-he knew his stuff.

He was also a really funny guy. Really miss his podcast-got me through my divorce. 

I liked Connor too, his takes were fresh and honest.  I fast forwarded all his personal-life info on the podcast but it was a listen I looked forward to.  I was on the Athletic to read his stories.  I agree he was my favorite guy - disappointed but not devastated.  I'm hoping the Jets will be interesting enough without him these next few years. 

On 7/13/2022 at 8:03 AM, freestater said:

I'm past caring which journalism student gives us their hot take on this team. I'm much more interested in getting my Jets news and commentary from all of us here on JN. I have infinitely more respect and curiosity about the thoughts of true Jets fans that have known this team for decades.

You're welcome. 

• Haha 1

On 7/13/2022 at 6:03 AM, freestater said:

Ok but a lot of what people say here is just repeating what they read or heard in the media. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/12/2022 at 9:24 PM, Hal N of Provo said:

I’ll miss all the story’s of how he felt about the real stories.  

The next idiot will probably focus on the story, but I’m still holding out hope they get someone else who can focus on Conor’s feeling about the story.   They won’t know as much as Conor - but it will help us transition away.   

I'll miss his Athletic "Can't Wait" Jets podcast, where he talks about his favorite golf clubs, his wife, vacations, and goofs on Melissa and Tim and then whinges for 10 minutes about "haters" on Social Media for half an hour before finally getting to Jets topics - between Magic Spoon and dick shaver ads - for a bit.

Good stuff. 

I prefer Jets 24/7 from @bla bla bla. He and GB are great dudes. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 3
  • Post of the Week 1

21 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I'll miss his Athletic "Can't Wait" Jets podcast, where he talks about his favorite golf clubs, his wife, vacations, and goofs on Melissa and Tim and then whinges for 10 minutes about "haters" on Social Media for half an hour before finally getting to Jets topics - between Magic Spoon and dick shaver ads - for a bit.

Good stuff. 

I prefer Jets 24/7 from @bla bla bla. He and GB are great dudes. 

Apparently Connor was a d-ck to Greenbean.  Par for the course for that d-bag.  

21 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Apparently Connor was a d-ck to Greenbean.  Par for the course for that d-bag.  

Why? Kyle is such a cool, laid back guy and legit, enthusiastic long-time Jets Fan.Literally ZERO reason to be an a$$hole, unless the fact that home grown random dudes were getting more views on YouTube than his trash....

Kid is a punk.

Can @GREENBEAN elaborate? 

• Upvote 1