Reed Jr 80

Hall 79

Uzomah 79

C. Davis 79

Moore 79

Joyner 78 (10th)

Gardner 78

Conklin 78

This is basically the top 12 players with 8 of the top 12 coming from the defensive of side.

Edit: OL and QBs ratings will be release today. That should balance out the ratings some.

24 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Q. Williams 86

Lawson 83

Mosley 82

Franklin Myers 81

Reed Jr 80

Hall 79

Uzomah 79

C. Davis 79

Moore 79

Joyner 78 (10th)

Gardner 78

Conklin 78

This is basically the top 12 players with 8 of the top 12 coming from the defensive of side.

Edit: OL and QBs ratings will be release today. That should balance out the ratings some.

Wait... Joyner made the list and not whitehead.....

Oy vey 

49 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Q. Williams 86

Lawson 83

Mosley 82

Franklin Myers 81

Reed Jr 80

Hall 79

Uzomah 79

C. Davis 79

Moore 79

Joyner 78 (10th)

Gardner 78

Conklin 78

Aren't the keys ranked last overall? That what the internet said.

3 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Q. Williams 86

Lawson 83

Mosley 82

Franklin Myers 81

Reed Jr 80

Hall 79

Uzomah 79

C. Davis 79

Moore 79

Joyner 78 (10th)

Gardner 78

Conklin 78

Regardless of circumstances, I'm flabbergasted that MC is not higher than a 78.

Of all the RBs in the league that had as many attempts as him, he was 11th in Y/A. He also had the 15th most targets and converted them into the 7th best Y/T among RBs who had as many attempts. 

In no way am I saying that he's a superstar, but if he's good enough to be in the company of RBs who are mostly all in the 80s and 90s, and he brings great versatility, then he's gotta crack the top 10 of a scrub team like the Jets and should at least be an 80 himself. 

9 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Of all the RBs in the league that had as many attempts as him, he was 11th in Y/A. He also had the 15th most targets and converted them into the 7th best Y/T among RBs who had as many attempts. 

In no way am I saying that he's a superstar, but if he's good enough to be in the company of RBs who are mostly all in the 80s and 90s, and he brings great versatility, then he's gotta crack the top 10 of a scrub team like the Jets and should at least be an 80 himself. 

ok but on the other hand if MC is an 80, he's the best player on offense 

is that actually true? 

why would the Jets take Breece Hall (76) in rd 2 if MC was their best offensive player

Currently Madden has CJ and Corey Davis as 79 which is depressing but feels about right.

It's possible the Jets' offense doesn't have any 80's until Moore (78) gets there. 

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

is that actually true? 

why would the Jets take Breece Hall (76) in rd 2 if MC was their best offensive player

Currently Madden has CJ and Corey Davis as 79 which is depressing but feels about right.

It's possible the Jets' offense doesn't have any 80's until Moore (78) gets there. 

On last year's team, yes he was the best offensive skill player. And the Madden ratings are based on last year.

The Jets would take Breece Hall because (i) he's more of an everydown back, (ii) because the RB position takes a lot of wear and tear so going by RBBC is a better philosophy, and (iii) because you should always look to upgrade every position no matter what. That Hall is a 76 on Madden without playing a single down in the NFL is irrelevant and points even more to the ridiculousness of the ratings.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, greenwichjetfan said:

On last year's team, yes he was the best offensive skill player. And the Madden ratings are based on last year.

The Jets would take Breece Hall because (i) he's more of an everydown back, (ii) because the RB position takes a lot of wear and tear so going by RBBC is a better philosophy, and (iii) because you should always look to upgrade every position no matter what. That Hall is a 76 on Madden without playing a single down in the NFL is irrelevant and points even more to the ridiculousness of the ratings.  

Last year huh? You mean the year they went 4-13? 

it's hard to choose (because they are all so mediocre) but Elijah Moore is probably their best offensive player 

MC is a complimentary player and that's great but he's not like a bell cow 

what do you think MC should be? follow up What do you think Hall should be like an 85?

Zach said he should be a 91 (his actual quote post draft of what he thought he should be as a rookie) 

The Madden ratings are fair, fairer than a bunch of Jets fans blowing sunshine at each other 

until they start winning games it's hard to grade them as 80's and 90's. Those types of players win division games 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Last year huh? You mean the year they went 4-13? 

it's hard to choose (because they are all so mediocre) but Elijah Moore is probably their best offensive player 

MC is a complimentary player and that's great but he's not like a bell cow 

what do you think MC should be? follow up What do you think Hall should be like an 85?

Zach said he should be a 91 (his actual quote post draft of what he thought he should be as a rookie) 

The Madden ratings are fair, fairer than a bunch of Jets fans blowing sunshine at each other 

until they start winning games it's hard to grade them as 80's and 90's. Those types of players win division games 

Lol what is the point of all this? What does 4-13 have to do with anything? 

Elijah is the most gifted and I'm excited to see him this year, but last year he was definitely not their best offensive player. MC is definitely a complimentary player, but complimentary players can also have good ratings. I already addressed Hall in my previous post. Zach can say whatever he wants to say but he was the worst starting QB in the league last year and his madden ratings should reflect that, just like MC's ratings should reflect how he did last year. That's my entire point.

"Those types of players win divisions" is such a stupidly reductive statement. There were like 3 years in a row where the Saints didn't even get to .500 - are you saying that the likes of Drew Brees and Alvin Kamara should have been ranked in the low 70s because they didn't win their division?

Go jerk off to someone else's posts and stop making things up about mine. I'm not all sunshine nor am I crying that anyone on the Jets should be a top player. I'm literally talking about one player, and saying his rating should be a modest 80 given how he performed relative to his peers last season and relative to the rest of the Jets.

41 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

MC is 75 overall. His General Ratings seem pretty fair with strength being his only weakness. His receving and break tackling attributes seems low. 

https://www.maddenratings.com/michael-carter

https://www.maddenratings.com/breece-hall

15 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Go jerk off to someone else's posts and stop making things up about mine. I'm not all sunshine nor am I crying that anyone on the Jets should be a top player. I'm literally talking about one player, and saying his rating should be a modest 80 given how he performed relative to his peers last season and relative to the rest of the Jets.

Ok so, by your measurement, Michael Carter is the Jets' best offensive player?

final answer? 

17 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Ok so, by your measurement, Michael Carter is the Jets' best offensive player?

final answer? 

53 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Looking at the time stamps, you’d think I have my very own time machine!

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Whitehead is right behind him at 77.

Understand brother. 

But we're paying whitehead $7.25m a year compared to Joyner's $2.6m.

Whiteheads pay is around too 20 in league and I would expect his evaluation would be consistent. But Joyner is ranked 47 and whitehead 50th in madden. 

I also understand madden isn't the end all be all

35 minutes ago, bitonti said:

i still can't believe it 

you like Michael carter more than most people 

have a good day sir 

I think I like him about on par as most people. I simply think Madden is slightly underrating him compared to his peers and his team. The fact that he’s not at least a top 10 Jets rated player is what drew me to post in this thread. Most people would probably have him as the number 1 or 2 offensive skill position guy last year, and on a team as bad as the 2021 Jets, that should be good enough to make it. 

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

is that actually true? 

Because that was last year and now with Breece he won’t be forced into a role of every down back, which he’s not built for. 

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I think I like him about on par as most people. I simply think Madden is slightly underrating him compared to his peers and his team. The fact that he’s not at least a top 10 Jets rated player is what drew me to post in this thread. Most people would probably have him as the number 1 or 2 offensive skill position guy last year, and on a team as bad as the 2021 Jets, that should be good enough to make it. 

I looked up the other 80 RB pre launch madden 23

There were 4 of them:

Elijah Mitchell 49ers had 963 rushing yards last year and 6 total td (1 receiving) 

A.J. Dillon GB had 803 yards rush, 7 total td (2 receiving) 

Antonio Gibson had 1000+ yards rushing and 10 total td (3 receiving) 

D'Andre Swift (in only 9 games) had 400+ and 400+ receiving and 5 total td 

Which brings us to Michael Carter. 11 games started, 639 rushing, 400+ receiving and 4 total td. 

If you want to make a case that Carter is about as productive as swift, fair enough.

(swift had b2b 130+ yard rushing games week 10 and 11 and also had that insane rookie year in 2020) 

But objectively we'd have to rate Antonio Gibson and the other two over Michael Carter.

The madden ranking are not golden but Carter did not produce like an 80 (or higher). 

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

I looked up the other 80 RB pre launch madden 23

There were 4 of them:

Elijah Mitchell 49ers had 963 rushing yards last year and 6 total td (1 receiving) 

A.J. Dillon GB had 803 yards rush, 7 total td (2 receiving) 

Antonio Gibson had 1000+ yards rushing and 10 total td (3 receiving) 

D'Andre Swift (in only 9 games) had 400+ and 400+ receiving and 5 total td 

Which brings us to Michael Carter. 11 games started, 639 rushing, 400+ receiving and 4 total td. 

If you want to make a case that Carter is about as productive as swift, fair enough.

(swift had b2b 130+ yard rushing games week 10 and 11 and also had that insane rookie year in 2020) 

But objectively we'd have to rate Antonio Gibson and the other two over Michael Carter.

The madden ranking are not golden but Carter did not produce like an 80 (or higher). 

Thanks for doing that. At least now we’re having an actual discussion.

How many attempts did the other 4 have? To me, Madden ratings shouldn’t be about aggregate production, but rather a combination of efficiency and production since it’s rating their individual attributes. MC suffered from an attempts standpoint due to poor QB play and constantly playing from behind - but I suspect that his individual performances on a per attempt basis would be better than his aggregate production relative to his peers.

25 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Definitely a sign that I’m getting old but I’m astonished how much emphasis is put on player Madden ratings.

Not my thing either but the players themselves also put a lot of stock into it.

New York Jets running back Breece Hall, like many NFL players, think Madden 23 missed the mark.

The latest edition of the NFL video game has slowly released their player ratings this week. The makers of the game rightfully make rookie earn their stripes, the first-year pros are usually average-at-best in terms of their rating.

The Jets’ second-round running back still took offense to one thing in particular: His speed.

Overall, Hall is rated a 76. He did not bother questioning that, but his speed rating did not appear among the top-10 fastest rushers.

The game released the list of the 10 fastest running backs and Hall didn’t see his name. He used his social media account on Twitter to question it:

The next question, what is Hall’s speed?

Actually, he’s not too far off, it’s a 91, which is one point below the top 10.

Better luck next year, rookie.

1.  Madden overhauled the player overall system years ago.  Low to high 80s are pretty good players now.

2.  Since adding newer traits and categories, overall means next to nothing.  Moore is an absolute cheat code in Madden 22 because of his route running, speed, acceleration, hands, and c.o.d (change of direction), but his overall doesn’t come close to reflecting that: