Kind of amazing how quickly this place turned on Saleh (merged)

Im still in wait and see mode with Saleh but I am SOOO tired of the super conservative, veteran loving defensive minded HC we always hire, except when Chris hired one. Yes we have a ton of young players but it is obvious that Flacco should not only NOT start but probably be released, and in a very large pussy mode basically admitted that others see Flacco for what he is but he is going to trot him out there again. There was a bit of a HC losing it feel in today's Saleh interviews. 

I also believe that Saleh forced the ultra conservative game plan we saw yesterday. I am like 100% certain the 13 personnel thing was his idea. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, johnnysd said:

Im still in wait and see mode with Saleh but I am SOOO tired of the super conservative, veteran loving defensive minded HC we always hire, except when Chris hired one. Yes we have a ton of young players but it is obvious that Flacco should not only NOT start but probably be released, and in a very large pussy mode basically admitted that others see Flacco for what he is but he is going to trot him out there again. There was a bit of a HC losing it feel in today's Saleh interviews. 

I also believe that Saleh forced the ultra conservative game plan we saw yesterday. I am like 100% certain the 13 personnel thing was his idea. 

Ultra conservative how? 

1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

We don't have to like the people responsible for it though. It's very strange that you do and want them to have lifetime contracts. 

Ooh the big ol mean Jets coach called out the media and maybe the Sojfs . Get the pitchforks. Airplanes,  billboards. Talk about a sensitive bunch of whiners. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

49 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Is it a reflection of the times we live in? 

The team ended the year relatively strong. Playing good competitive games. You were in love with LaFleurs play calling and the main question was Wilson- was he holding the offense back? The other question was the Defense, could Saleh actually put together a good D? 

Well, after a universally praised off season it seems like most of this place is ready to fire Saleh after one game. A game were the defense answered the bell and looked fantastic.

The offense was abysmal, but didn’t you all love LeFleur last year? This surely is an aberration right? I mean Wilson was holding this offense back and we only added a ton talent.

Isnt the rational reaction to week 1 to be happy that the defense appears to be legit and assume that the offense will find its way since it proved last year to be competent, or at least coached competently by LeFleur (according to you) 

I’m guilty of it. we’re all just so godamn ready to be good but even our core guys are second year players. Salah’s presser today took me off the ledge.  He’s seen rebuilds before and is realistic with where we are.  

It all started with the massive disappointment at the bungled Zach timeline, I deflected on Saleh, but actually just disappointed Zach was hurt

I’m sticking with coach

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

Ooh the big ol mean Jets coach called out the media and maybe the Sojfs . Get the pitchforks. Airplanes,  billboards. Talk about a sensitive bunch of whiners. 

We're more upset about the losing. You're just so confused you like the losses. Again, it's strange you're so happy about losing. 

• Upvote 1

We're more upset about the losing. You're just so confused you like the losses. Again, it's strange you're so happy about losing. 

No. I want to win like any other Jets fan. I'm just not letting words trigger me , which is a real pandemic in today's society. 

54 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Well when he stops insulting the fan base for wanting "instant" success, like we havent been waiting for years. 

Well when he stops telling about the magical "flip" that will happen that never does.

Well when hes 4-14 as a HC and outscored by like 200 points. 

Well then the games not over by the end of the 3rd QTR.

Well when he can be semi transparent about injuries. 

I could go on, but the job looks to big for him. 

he is good at silly slogans and smack talk with former head coaches, that he is pretty good at. 

Strange, all of your arguments seem to be in favor of every single thing the Jets do which.. well, is a lot of losing. 

I guess you haven't closely followed my posts over the years then. I refuse to follow the "mob" mentality because some sensitive fans are triggered by words. 

7 minutes ago, doitny said:

welcome to JN. last year half this board wanted him gone after the NE game which i think was game 2. they wanted JD gone at the same time even though the 20 draft class only had a year and the 21 class only played a few games.

but thats what this board is for.

since your new i will explain what you will see here.

we have the usually homers and haters.

every week someone will post about how the guy they wanted to draft is doing good and the guy we drafted instead is not. since Ekuwna had a bad game you didnt see anything, and linderbaum got his ass handed to him by QW. 2 of this boards favorites. 

they will hate Lafluer Salah and JD for a week or 2 until the OL gets it together and this team offense plays well. 

and wait till Wilson gets back. we will get posts on all the QBs we could have drafted. the haters will post the good games, the homer will post the guys who had bad ones.

its a cool board, its just what us fans do

Why are you spoiling the fun for the predators on this board to feast upon this new ignorant virgin prey? Lol

Don’t hold his hand like he’s Sanchez. Baptism by fire!!!! Lol

• Haha 1

I don't blame anyone for a lack of faith in Saleh, as he has yet to do anything with the team to earn that faith.

There is however one very slight issue I can see there might be with those who are then simultaneously adamant supporters of JD, which is just due to the little thing of the immeasurable, mind-numbing stupidity of that.

• Upvote 2

In all seriousness, the OP thinks the board has “turned on Saleh” because Saleh is just starting to take a beating from all corners of the sports media landscape, and once that starts happening, it upsets people that had been pro-saleh and, in turn, those people want to fight about it with people on social media because they know Mike Greenberg or Dan Hanzus or Rich Eisen won’t pick up their call. Saleh’s had a string of unforced errors the last few months and if he doesn’t beat the Browns, he’s going to get dragged on every back page and in every tweet for. miles and miles. The jig is up for Bobby Stairs.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I guess you haven't closely followed my posts over the years then. I refuse to follow the "mob" mentality because some sensitive fans are triggered by words. 

9 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I don't know maybe all the alter ego past banned posters who have long words as user names. 

So like 2-3 actual people. Got it. Some mob. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

We're not even to week 2 and Saleh's already taking receipts and throwing previous regimes under the bus lol.  It's only a matter of time until the media questions his slogans and he snaps during a post game press conference.

MintyAmpleGodwit-size_restricted.gif

Unless you've been living under a rock you know the media's job isn't to report news. It's to inflame the weak and suck in the lemmings to hang on their every word like their life depended on it. The media loves the fact the Jets lose it makes their jobs easy. They set the bait and its taken hook line and sinker. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

Unless you've been living under a rock you know the media's job isn't to report news. It's to inflame the weak and suck in the lemmings to hang on their every word like their life depended on it. The media loves the fact the Jets lose it makes their jobs easy. They set the bait and its taken hook line and sinker. 

It’s verifiably true that Saleh is terrible. What would you have the media report?

1 hour ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Is it a reflection of the times we live in? 

The team ended the year relatively strong. Playing good competitive games. You were in love with LaFleurs play calling and the main question was Wilson- was he holding the offense back? The other question was the Defense, could Saleh actually put together a good D? 

Well, after a universally praised off season it seems like most of this place is ready to fire Saleh after one game. A game were the defense answered the bell and looked fantastic.

The offense was abysmal, but didn’t you all love LeFleur last year? This surely is an aberration right? I mean Wilson was holding this offense back and we only added a ton talent.

Isnt the rational reaction to week 1 to be happy that the defense appears to be legit and assume that the offense will find its way since it proved last year to be competent, or at least coached competently by LeFleur (according to you) 

I like Saleh but he made two very stupid decisions prior to the start of the season 

1. naming Joe Flacco the starting QB and giving him all the first team reps 

2. Cutting Pineiro for a hack Zeurlein who was miserable last season during the REGULAR season and claiming victory for him during ******* practice !!!!  

Both Decisions played a part in the loss to the Ravens. This kind of sh*t can not happen.