Kind of amazing how quickly this place turned on Saleh (merged)

9 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Nobody turned on him.  He has been pretty bad since day 1.  He really is in over his head.  

The question isn't why everyone turned on Saleh so fast. The real question is why does JD get a pass? 

The things Saleh does or doesn't do as a coach has less impact than the pick of jetblue at 2 overall. A dude who couldn't take the punishment from mountain west and pac 12 teams 

Zach's hurt the same knee twice in two years. 

When, not if, Saleh gets fired no one will hold having to start Joe Flacco against him. 

When, not if, JD gets fired, he'll never GM again 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Would be nice if coach stops lying (Becton, Zach, etc).  Would be nice of the coach showed some knowledge of Jets history in understanding the frustration among the fans that he is dissing and outright threatening with his load of crap ""receipts".  Saleh is making his mark alright, unfortunately for him and for us it's a skid mark.  He'd be better off avoiding the microphone. He's been straight ass for since last season.

The whole receipts thing is the beginning of the end. The media have him by the balls, and will use it to hang him.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

You know what is crazy when I became a jets fan it was Pennington as I remember..at least that is the one I remember from the beginning...I think I was a jets fan for a whole.befoe but really didn't know who was on the team...anyway... I remember us always being in it. Havening a shot. I watch the games tonight and both team look like they belong on the field...has it really been that long since we belonged on the field. The rex Ryan days. Man it seems like forever. I have high hopes for this team this year and thought finally we are back. But game one showed our Coaching staff just continuing the trend of a team not prepared. It's crazy man. We got talent now just need a plan and a qb

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

Would be nice if coach stops lying (Becton, Zach, etc).  Would be nice of the coach showed some knowledge of Jets history in understanding the frustration among the fans that he is dissing and outright threatening with his load of crap ""receipts".  Saleh is making his mark alright, unfortunately for him and for us it's a skid mark.  He'd be better off avoiding the microphone. He's been straight ass since last season.

If/when Saleh is canned he’ll go collect a paycheck from some other team. Not knocking him for that, everyone has a right to earn a living, but you don’t call out fans who stick with a team through thick or thin.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

The question isn't why everyone turned on Saleh so fast. The real question is why does JD get a pass? 

The things Saleh does or doesn't do as a coach has less impact than the pick of jetblue at 2 overall. A dude who couldn't take the punishment from mountain west and pac 12 teams 

Zach's hurt the same knee twice in two years. 

When, not if, Saleh gets fired no one will hold having to start Joe Flacco against him. 

When, not if, JD gets fired, he'll never GM again 

Douglas doesn’t get a pass from me

Saleh is his hand picked guy.

Douglas, Saleh and Wilson should be attached at the hip as far as I’m concerned.

This talk of possibly giving Douglas another HC and highly drafted QB to work with is absurd.

”But…but…Douglas has finally brought some young talent to this team”.

Great. So if Saleh and Wilson fail I guess the next regime won’t have to completely start from scratch.

• Upvote 3

Saleh is a standup guy and infinitely more likable than Gase. I'm sure that Saleh is an awesome father, husband, and a great friend. I'm just not seeing it as a head coach. He might get there someday, or never at all, but I don't see it right now. In his defense, I'm not sure that many head coaches would squeeze more water out of the rock that he was handed. Saleh is over his head right now with an incomplete team. I don't want to discuss the dump truck of excuses of why the game one starter is a 90-year-old statue who is 2-12 over a four-year span, and 0-6 in a three-year span behind an unsteady OL. 

The bottom line is that Saleh was set up to fail by this miserable ownership. If Saleh is the guy, he will be able to overcome the stench of the Johnson. Bottom line is that I really don't know what to feel about Saleh and his future with the Jets. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

No

Woody tweeted that the Jets front 7 were dominant on Sunday!! Positive man!! What a football man he is! 

losing and being embarrassed is acceptable, pathetic. They should be brutally honest, the team stunk from the coaches to the players. Just own it and stop being in denial. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, BP said:

Woody tweeted that the Jets front 7 were dominant on Sunday!! Positive man!! What a football man he is! 

losing and being embarrassed is acceptable, pathetic. They should be brutally honest, the team stunk from the coaches to the players. Just own it and stop being in denial. 

Lipstick on a pig.  How about we win a game in September for the first time in like 4-5 years before we talk about how "dominant" we are?!

• Upvote 1

More than anything, I think there is an issue when it comes to managing expectations for a Franchise that has been living in a pit of despair for the past decade. The Ravens beating us at home, when we were playing 37 year old Joe Flacco doesn't strike me as a surprise.

Even though the Defense showed signs of clear improvement - being that the score reflets 2 or 3 plays - it seems like the OL will again have growing pains this year. Can only hope for a solid growth in the next few games. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

You know what is crazy when I became a jets fan it was Pennington as I remember..at least that is the one I remember from the beginning...I think I was a jets fan for a whole.befoe but really didn't know who was on the team...anyway... I remember us always being in it. Havening a shot. I watch the games tonight and both team look like they belong on the field...has it really been that long since we belonged on the field. The rex Ryan days. Man it seems like forever. I have high hopes for this team this year and thought finally we are back. But game one showed our Coaching staff just continuing the trend of a team not prepared. It's crazy man. We got talent now just need a plan and a qb

Those were the Herm Edwards days……

7 hours ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Is it a reflection of the times we live in? 

The team ended the year relatively strong. Playing good competitive games. You were in love with LaFleurs play calling and the main question was Wilson- was he holding the offense back? The other question was the Defense, could Saleh actually put together a good D? 

Well, after a universally praised off season it seems like most of this place is ready to fire Saleh after one game. A game were the defense answered the bell and looked fantastic.

The offense was abysmal, but didn’t you all love LeFleur last year? This surely is an aberration right? I mean Wilson was holding this offense back and we only added a ton talent.

Isnt the rational reaction to week 1 to be happy that the defense appears to be legit and assume that the offense will find its way since it proved last year to be competent, or at least coached competently by LeFleur (according to you) 

We live in a time where rational level headed people are drowned out by the extremists.  Where reasonable, well thought out ideas and opinions have been replaced w/ insults and pointing the finger at everyone w/ zero ability to self reflect and see the trees through the forest. 

I'd say that Football message boards are a good reflection of this societal phenomenon we're living through.  So hot headed bro comes in here screaming about this and that and the other, curses a team everyone is frustrated with by ignoring facts trying to look cool saying things like, "soft" "club med" "fire everyone" and then dude gets 100 likes and bam!  We've created a monster.  Said dude will keep slinging silliness for the likes and some strange false fleeting feeling of validation that encourages him to do it and say it again and again and again. 

NFL media and fans are the biggest example of prisoners of the moment you can find just about anywhere.  In 7 days, a team can go from the worst thing on earth to headed for the Super Bowl.  Very exhausting but sheeple eat this sh*t up.  You see it everywhere.  People like us, we just got to keep our head above water and not let those type of people take us down with them.

PVO.thumb.jpeg.e02ff0d04c4a4f5646abcc72bf0a50bd.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

We live in a time where rational level headed people are drowned out by the extremists.  Where reasonable, well thought out ideas and opinions have been replaced w/ insults and pointing the finger at everyone w/ zero ability to self reflect and see the trees through the forest. 

I'd say that Football message boards are a good reflection of this societal phenomenon we're living through.  So hot headed bro comes in here screaming about this and that and the other, curses a team everyone is frustrated ignoring facts by looking cool and saying things like, "soft" "club med" "fire everyone" and then dude gets 100 likes and bam!  We've created a monster.  Said dude will keep slinging silliness for the likes and some strange false fleeting feeling of validation that encourages him to do it and say it again and again and again. 

NFL media and fans are the biggest example of prisoners of the moment you can find just about anywhere.  In 7 days, a team can go from the worst thing on earth to headed for the Super Bowl.  Very exhausting but sheeple eat this sh*t up.  You see it everywhere.  People like us, we just got to keep our head above water and not let those type of people take us down with them.

Like this guy?  :)

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, DepressedJetsFan23 said:

I personally believe unless things go haywire fast, coaches should get at least three years. This ready to fire quick attitude though is built from an overall lack of trust in ownership through the teams last decade. It’s built up frustration with the past being taken out on the present.

100%.  Unless you're taking over a well oiled machine ie: Todd Bowles and the Bucs, it takes time.  It took Zach Taylor and the Bengals 3 years and that's the darling example right now.

You have people on this site who pine for Adam Gase, who provided this fanbase with the second lowest win total in franchise history and ineptitude at the highest level, banging Frank Gore into the LOS over and over so he could break a record.  He was the most toxic personality in the NFL, he has since been ousted, never to return.  That's what Robert Saleh inherited, in addition to the decades of losing.  The roster last year, was laughable but dude went out and double their win total, he did something we've all been screaming about for years in a lost season.  He committed to playing the youngsters to learn instead of some silly veteran career service nonsense.  Now, he finally has a somewhat respcectable NFL caliber roster, unfortunately riddled by injuries already and dudes are like, this guy sucks because they lost to superior team in week 1?  lmfao  What?  So stupid and why this place is just a revolving door of nonsense.  

Look, I have no idea if Saleh is going to work out or not, I dont have a crystal ball but logic those who are done with him already have used to get there is just silly short sighted nonsense.  

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

12 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Like this guy?  :)

TT, my man, the New York Metropolitans have played 150 games this season, not 1 game.  Did you see, they got smoked by the Cubs last night and the Braves lost?  I think my sample size is a little larger...no?  lmfao

6 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Nate Hackett is insane

64 yard FG attempt with 1 min left and 3 TOs instead of trusting the QB you just paid a billion dollars to pick up 5 yards

How do these schlubs get head coaching jobs?

Apparently in-game decision making isn’t part of the interview process.

Because everybody always looks to hire the hot coordinator du jour, rather than the most qualified head coaching candidate. They rarely work out.

7 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Im still in wait and see mode with Saleh but I am SOOO tired of the super conservative, veteran loving defensive minded HC we always hire, except when Chris hired one. Yes we have a ton of young players but it is obvious that Flacco should not only NOT start but probably be released, and in a very large pussy mode basically admitted that others see Flacco for what he is but he is going to trot him out there again. There was a bit of a HC losing it feel in today's Saleh interviews. 

I also believe that Saleh forced the ultra conservative game plan we saw yesterday. I am like 100% certain the 13 personnel thing was his idea. 

They threw the ball 59 times on opening day.

8 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

100%.  Unless you're taking over a well oiled machine ie: Todd Bowles and the Bucs, it takes time.  It took Zach Taylor and the Bengals 3 years and that's the darling example right now.

You have people on this site who pine for Adam Gase, who provided this fanbase with the second lowest win total in franchise history and ineptitude at the highest level, banging Frank Gore into the LOS over and over so he could break a record.  He was the most toxic personality in the NFL, he has since been ousted, never to return.  That's what Robert Saleh inherited, in addition to the decades of losing.  The roster last year, was laughable but dude went out and double their win total, he did something we've all been screaming about for years in a lost season.  He committed to playing the youngsters to learn instead of some silly veteran career service nonsense.  Now, he finally has a somewhat respcectable NFL caliber roster, unfortunately riddled by injuries already and dudes are like, this guy sucks because they lost to superior team in week 1?  lmfao  What?  So stupid and why this place is just a revolving door of nonsense.  

Look, I have no idea if Saleh is going to work out or not, I dont have a crystal ball but logic those who are done with him already have used to get there is just silly short sighted nonsense.  

I will throw out that I think Taylor fell into an incredible situation, but he's due some heat soon. Big, simple clock management error that gave the Steelers extra time on the winning drive. And apparently when they go under center they pretty much only run the ball. Think the stat was shotgun 58 passes 18 runs, under center 2 passes 16 runs. That's a tendency going back to last year and just a super easy one for defenses to key in on.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I'd say that Football message boards are a good reflection of this societal phenomenon we're living through.  So hot headed bro comes in here screaming about this and that and the other, curses a team everyone is frustrated with by ignoring facts trying to look cool saying things like, "soft" "club med" "fire everyone" and then dude gets 100 likes and bam!  We've created a monster.  Said dude will keep slinging silliness for the likes and some strange false fleeting feeling of validation that encourages him to do it and say it again and again and again. 

PVO.thumb.jpeg.e02ff0d04c4a4f5646abcc72bf0a50bd.jpeg

You would think people would learn to put week 1 results in their proper context and not overreact to everything by now . . . But here we are.

Anyone remember the 2018 opener? Putting up 49 points on national TV? How did we do in the playoffs that year? 

• Upvote 4

Not sure why you are surprised. Much of the board didn't like the signing in the first place. Once they don't like a choice nothing will change their minds. Like Mims, (I even commented about it in the Geno thread), every little mistake or comment shows a proof of their choice - anything positive is argued away. These posters tend to be quiet until something bad happens and they jump out and say 'I told you so' or jump on the bandwagon.

Another chunk assume that if a player/coach isn't an instant success, they are forever a bust. The problem is that a lot here have unreal expectations about how perfect a player/coach needs to be. Every mistake is blown out of proportion, any good is as well. There are two categories - HOF and Hot garbage.

Quite frankly there is another chunk that are reactionary and never see the big picture. I have seen posters go from HOF to Hot garbage and back again in the same game day thread.

And then there is squeaky wheel syndrome. the loud minority will sometimes over skew the responses. And of course there are the bandwagon posters who love a good bandwagon.

Take that into consideration, and it isn't all that big of a surprise.

• Upvote 1