The Coaching Staff Better Do some Soul Searching Real Soon

HawkeyeJet

wide 9 defense with whatever zone they are doing is just easy pickens for any QB.  All you need to do is keep TE and RB in and that is 6 against 4.  Plus the DE's are wide and have to run 20 yards to get to the QB after he drops back he can see them coming mile away if they not already doubled. + they never stunt or blitz

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I don't understand why there's no sense of urgency until the last half of the fourth quarter!? Why don't we come out playing like that in the beginning of the game? Has anybody else noticed that it's not 35 years ago and we're not playing a game of field goals? Jesus Christ the Kansas City Chiefs are hanging 51 points on people!!! Also I've already stated that Joe Flacco is yesterday's lunch!!!!

• Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I thought Saleh was a fraud by the bye last year.   This game was between two poorly coached teams.  The Bengals have a tough as nails gunslinger playing QB and we had a corpse at QB.  

If Zach is a great gunslinger we can win games like this with crappy coaching.  

Bengals OL has been terrible. Today when it mattered Burrow had no worries. And the 15 yarder on 3rd down when the game was still a game is beyond this team's margin for error. 

Bluntly there is a lot of FA $ and draft picks tied up in the front 7. And mostly they're turds. Quinnen Williams was more active arguing with his unit on the sidelines than he has ever been on the field. 

Flacco is what he is. The early drop hurt; again, team has no margin for error.

27 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Because their future is going to be made most likely one way or another over the next six weeks.

It’s one thing to have goofy little catch phrases and mantra if you back them up.  It’s different when you use them and don’t live them.

That game was largely decided by 1.) Terrible undisciplined penalties. 2). Communication Break Downs. 3) Half assed effort.

The team has enough talent to be competitive.  Hell they couldn’t have played much worse than they did today and still had at least a glimmer of hope with 8 minutes left.

Maybe the mantra  should be little things matter.  Because they do, and your team doesn’t do them and that’s the biggest difference between the Jets and consistently good teams.

Lafleur doing about as much as one can do with Joe Flacco and that offensive line. 

The defense is a complete and utter joke. All that moxy but literally nothing else. I feel like it's been 2 years since we forced a 3 and out. 

13 minutes ago, TheClashFan said:

Saleh seems like an inspirational strength and conditioning coach who has been promoted beyond his capacity to understand what to do.

He rode the coattails of Bosa, Buckner, Warner, Sherman, etc.  That defense was loaded; you and I could have coordinated them to a top 5 finish. 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

9 straight games allowing at least 21 points, longest streak in the NFL. That’s not on Mike Maccagnan, Sam Darnold or Adam Gase. Saleh’s in year 2 and things aren’t improving. 

Sauce looks great in coverage. Rest of defense, JAGs, and some are making seriosu cap $. 

To us outsiders, training camp seemed soft; and on the outside, our expectations were likely a combination of frustration and inflated. 

It seems like a succession of coaches with twee training camp slogans, ready to smile and make excuses while taking Woody Johnson's money everyday, until the day they are fired.

We have seen this show before and Robert Saleh, doesn't stand out as a difference maker; he is at best another talker,  a coach building another mansion in New Jersey that will be for sale soon enough.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Lafleur doing about as much as one can do with Joe Flacco and that offensive line. 

The defense is a complete and utter joke. All that moxy but literally nothing else. I feel like it's been 2 years since we forced a 3 and out. 

As much as he can do to lose the game. He has Flacco throw 112 times in two games 

6 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

9 straight games allowing at least 21 points, longest streak in the NFL. That’s not on Mike Maccagnan, Sam Darnold or Adam Gase. Saleh’s in year 2 and things aren’t improving. 

I'm trying to find some patience with the coaching, especially on defense. I look at what Cleveland and Baltimore threw up on other defenses and it's the same or worse than Jets games. That makes it seem not so bad. Then you look at the game and realize their offenses didn't have to play as aggressively against Team FG and basically the second half of every game is just running off the clock. Watching it happen you see how sloppy the team's defense looks on nearly every play. If those teams played to run up the score at every opportunity like NE the stats would look so much worse. You definitely can't blame any of this on the roster or prior coaching. This is on this coaching regime.

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

To us outsiders, training camp seemed soft; and on the outside, our expectations were likely a combination of frustration and inflated. 

It seems like a succession of coaches with twee training camp slogans, ready to smile and make excuses while taking Woody Johnson's money everyday, until the day they are fired.

We have seen this show before and Robert Saleh, doesn't stand out as a difference maker; he is at best another talker,  a coach building another mansion in New Jersey that will be for sale soon enough.

The team looking lost is not by accident. Two training camps in a row where they rarely hit and didnt do any conditioning. This absurd defensive line rotation as well. Giving up another wide open TD due to communication breakdown and Whitehead not wrapping up...how many of these are we going to see? We're not there but you get the feeling Saleh isnt following through on much or holding his end of the bargain as it relates to putting in the work to fix this.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, BigB said:

Flacco cant be throwing 50 times per game. How about a draw play once in a while and maybe a roll out instead of being a statue and fumbling.

It seems Flacco can't or won't execute those plays. Even when he has a clean pocket and time he tends to freeze up and throw a dump off at the last minute. 

I don't understand why there aren't more running plays in general or designed short passes that puts receivers like TEs in a position to pick up a few YAC. 

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

In 3 games the jets have 6 points in the first quarters, all today.

Who would have guessed a QB no other team in the NFL would want to start and only a few would want as a backup can't light up the scoreboard. Not to mention the Jets Defense never makes a stop so the offense only gets the ball once or twice in the 1st quarter. 

Just now, Augustiniak said:

Have to wonder if Q was pissed b/c there’s a rift b/t the line and secondary.

Saleh or someone in the presser it was about not allowing the DL to rush 4 or something.  It made no sense to me as the DL coach wouldn’t make that decision anyway. 

I don’t know if there’s a rift, maybe there is, but I do know for certain they do not play cohesively from front to back.  

38 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I think LaFluer is fine overall.  I don’t know if Saleh is or isn’t to be quite honest, but I know Ulbrich isn’t and I get the sense that there are probably some players who think this as well.  And that’s how you lose a locker room quickly.  Can’t be telling guys to be accountable when the HC ain’t making his D coaches accountable.

I see people saying they like LaFleur, I have seen nothing that makes me think he is any good at all. He is very predictable, and I don't see him putting his players in the best positions. I don't like him at all so far.

• Upvote 1