The Coaching Staff Better Do some Soul Searching Real Soon

HawkeyeJet

5 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Man, this speaks volumes about Saleh and Ulbrich.  Saleh needs to take the reigns of the D away from Ulbrich real soon. 

It's shocking because Saleh said his defense was so simple, a monkey could call it.  

It's supposed to be very easy to run so they can play lighting fast. 

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I honestly don’t know what I would want my coach to answer in that situation.  I generally don’t care about press conference talk but this response irks me.  He needs to bristle up and quit f’n around.  

When you get the kind of result we just saw in game # 20 of the Saleh regime, what he says in a press conference absolutely matters.  If you're gonna suck on the field you had better have some good answers as to why.  

When he arrived he talked a big game about how important it is to be able to handle adversity.  And here he is bumbling his way through it.  

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

McDaniels > Saleh... I mean we could do this all day. Let's just say who isn't better than Saleh..

Here's my list:

So much of what the Jets do is reactive and the result is often “day late and a dollar short”.

Coaching leaves much to be desired.  I think the bottom threshold for ever hiring another Coordinator who will be a newbie NFL coach is whether he was able to get way more from his unit than what they really were.  Tired of hiring these guys who come from stacked units and teams who have made deep playoff runs and watch them run right into a brick wall that they can never figure out how to go around, because the Jet personnel isn’t close to the level of the team they came from.

Very few players ever come to the Jets as rookies, get coached up, and if not become stars at least leave better than when they came.  That’s going on a long long time now.

Saleh is looking like more of the same.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Saleh, in the post-game, just said “those are critical mistakes at critical times and <pause> you know <pause> it’s gotta get fixed.”

So does his cowardly refusal to bench an ineffective Flacco and give his team a spark - or at least a chance - with Mike White. Saleh is falling into the same trap that has swallowed up nearly EVERY HC the Jets have ever had. Being afraid to make a decision that people might question or might backfire. I think it show the team that he is willing to do whatever it takes to win. But that's just me. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

So does his cowardly refusal to bench an ineffective Flacco and give his team a spark - or at least a chance - with Mike White. Saleh is falling into the same trap that has swallowed up nearly EVERY HC the Jets have ever had. Being afraid to make a decision that people might question or might backfire. I think it show the team that he is willing to do whatever it takes to win. But that's just me. 

Imagine how hard Saleh’s life is next week if Mike White came in and led the offense to a TD today

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

So true. My gf, who knows nothing about football, asked during the game why we wouldn’t put in a new quarterback. I explained that coaches don’t like to look indecisive, and that Saleh thinks he’d look bad if he benched Flacco. 

23 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

So much of what the Jets do is reactive and the result is often “day late and a dollar short”.

Coaching leaves much to be desired.  I think the bottom threshold for ever hiring another Coordinator who will be a newbie NFL coach is whether he was able to get way more from his unit than what they really were.  Tired of hiring these guys who come from stacked units and teams who have made deep playoff runs and watch them run right into a brick wall that they can never figure out how to go around, because the Jet personnel isn’t close to the level of the team they came from.

Very few players ever come to the Jets as rookies, get coached up, and if not become stars at least leave better than when they came.  That’s going on a long long time now.

Saleh is looking like more of the same.

The Jets HC's historically have been afraid to make the hard decision. One that might be questioned by fans and the media so they don't make the decision they know they should. The decisiion I am talking about today is the one to stay with immobile and ineffective Joe Flacco instead of bringing in Mike White to give the team a spark and a chance. Saleh could have easily explained the decision by simply saying, "Joe wasn't getting it done and I want to win." If White sucked he still would have been justified in making the move because Flacco WASN'T getting the job done. That has an effect on players that the HC really isn't in it to win it.

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Saleh, in the post-game, just said “those are critical mistakes at critical times and <pause> you know <pause> it’s gotta get fixed.”

Sounds like kotite. “I don’t know what’s wrong and I don’t know how to fix it” 

If the coaching keep crapping around like this I wouldn't be sad to see them go. I'm not a big fan of changing coaches quickly but this is a disaster. I would be ok with JD hiring eric bieniemy or brian flores or someone like that during the offseason

I think LaFluer is fine overall.  I don’t know if Saleh is or isn’t to be quite honest, but I know Ulbrich isn’t and I get the sense that there are probably some players who think this as well.  And that’s how you lose a locker room quickly.  Can’t be telling guys to be accountable when the HC ain’t making his D coaches accountable.

They threw the ball 52 times, the offensive game plan sucked today.

3 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Because their future is going to be made most likely one way or another over the next six weeks.

It’s one thing to have goofy little catch phrases and mantra if you back them up.  It’s different when you use them and don’t live them.

That game was largely decided by 1.) Terrible undisciplined penalties. 2). Communication Break Downs. 3) Half assed effort.

The team has enough talent to be competitive.  Hell they couldn’t have played much worse than they did today and still had at least a glimmer of hope with 8 minutes left.

Maybe the mantra  should be little things matter.  Because they do, and your team doesn’t do them and that’s the biggest difference between the Jets and consistently good teams.

Honest Vibes right there!

• Upvote 1

wide 9 defense with whatever zone they are doing is just easy pickens for any QB.  All you need to do is keep TE and RB in and that is 6 against 4.  Plus the DE's are wide and have to run 20 yards to get to the QB after he drops back he can see them coming mile away if they not already doubled. + they never stunt or blitz

They did blitz at the end of the game.
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, BigB said:

Flacco cant be throwing 50 times per game. How about a draw play once in a while and maybe a roll out instead of being a statue and fumbling.

He doesn’t really roll out too well.

I am no Mike White fanboy but he should’ve been the guy in the 4th quarter. The Jets needed a spark. Let’s hope that Zach can give them one next week. 

10 minutes ago, Hex said:

If the coaching keep crapping around like this I wouldn't be sad to see them go. I'm not a big fan of changing coaches quickly but this is a disaster. I would be ok with JD hiring eric bieniemy or brian flores or someone like that during the offseason

Not sure who he would hire, but I do think unless you get a guy like Payton to bring in his own team, that JD has done enough to retool this team.  Not many teams can recover from losing 3 left tackles before the end of the first quarter of the season.  The talent infusion is evident.  I think that has earned JD enough to hire another coach if Saleh continues to implode.  And I think it would be someone with experience the next time around, much like the Rangers did when they moved on from Quinn.  Question is, beyond Payton, who are the more established candidates out there who maybe deserve a second shot?  Dan Quinn of the Cowboys comes to mind, anyone else?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Joe Douglas hired Saleh who hired Ulbrich who can’t stop a nose bleed

nobody accepts any accountability for anything and it’s always PVO at 1JD

Saleh won’t even reprimand his players

You can forget about him ever moving on from Ulbrich

So my question is how is anything ever going to change?

Au contraire ... Ulbrich is perfect scapegoat for Saleh and Saleh will use that card soon enough

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

Not sure why this would be the case. I’ve defended Douglas because I think the overall process has been solid (and I like a lot of our young players), but the record is what it is. And not for nothing, but he also hired Saleh.

He's done a good job rebuilding thus far and the process isn't complete. He held out for a six-year contract with good reason. He's shown that he has a vision and a long-term plan. He's done fine. No GM is perfect. He's had hits and misses but this team is in a wildly better space talent-wise than it was when he took over. 

Saleh, on the other hand, hasn't shown a single thing. There is nothing that makes me believe he's a solid head coach. There are a ton of examples I can point to where Douglas is an average-or-better GM.  Good head coaches are hard to come by. If Saleh was a miss then JD needs to correct his wrong ASAP and cut ties this offseason. 

• Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Because their future is going to be made most likely one way or another over the next six weeks.

It’s one thing to have goofy little catch phrases and mantra if you back them up.  It’s different when you use them and don’t live them.

That game was largely decided by 1.) Terrible undisciplined penalties. 2). Communication Break Downs. 3) Half assed effort.

The team has enough talent to be competitive.  Hell they couldn’t have played much worse than they did today and still had at least a glimmer of hope with 8 minutes left.

Maybe the mantra  should be little things matter.  Because they do, and your team doesn’t do them and that’s the biggest difference between the Jets and consistently good teams.

With the talent being there the bad coaching shines like a light in the dark. You can't miss it. Glaring.

Time will tell and it is not too late we are only week 3, but we can only show up to so many games with no game plan. A big misty will be repeating if our coaching staff believe Zach will just overcome other teams with out good game plans etc. 

Look at buffalo they game plan and playing to their strengths before giving Allen his freedom and even them they still prepare him and the team with smart game plans. 

Now look at burrow. He is expected to just over come and play better. But well, you see how that turned out. 

It is a dis service to the team to have poor coaching. Anyway many pluralities, ultimately we need better out of the coaching staff.