Who was your favorite non-Jets players as a kid?

2 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

On offense: 

QB - Vick

RB - Barry Sanders

WR - Randy Moss

TE- Jay Novacek

On Defense:

OLB - Greg Lloyd, Pat Swilling

MLB - Sam Mills, Ray Lewis, Zach Thomas

DT - John Randle/Warren Sapp

DE - John Abraham, Kyle Van Bosch

Remember Lloyd slamming toon and standing over him.

I know toon was concussed and might have even lost consciousness for a second.

tough sob but hated him for that play

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

norm snead?  just kidding.  i'll go with staubach, stabler, drew pearson, lambert, oj, tarkenton, chuck foreman, bob lilly, harold carmichael.

Oj was simply magical on the field.

The game at shea in the snow where he ran for over 200 was something else.

• Upvote 2

Warren Moon.  He was my fantasy QB every single year for my first 4-5 years of playing FFB.  Went to an event a few years back where I had to act my age so couldn't say anything, but I went up in the elevator to where I was going and when the doors opened up, there's Warren Moon standing right in front of me getting on the elevator.  Had to just walk past like it was any other day but my inner 15-year-old was like "Duuude, you're my quarterback"

When I lived just south of Tampa for a few years I loved watching Mike Alstott, Warrick Dunn and Warren Sapp for the Bucs.  Used to get a lot of looks from Bucs fans when I would scream at the Jets game on the TV's in the bar. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Remember Lloyd slamming toon and standing over him.

I know toon was concussed and might have even lost consciousness for a second.

tough sob but hated him for that play

Same game. He knocked out both Ryan & Toon. That’s when I learned, at the tender age of 9, of the mean man wearing black & gold named Greg Lloyd.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

I put Lance Alworth.   But should have added John Hadl, who had great touch on the long ball.   I guess if I'm honest, I should include Daryle Lamonica and Fred Biletnikoff, who were fun to watch with those long bombs but who I hated along with the rest of the Raiders.

It killed you yo say lamonica and bilentikoff  but they were great players.

I left the snake off my list before

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Trotter said:

His run on Monday night football is still so vivid in my memory and one of the most electrifying plays I have seen. Sure guys now hurdle defenders, put crazy moves on etc. Earl just got the ball and challenged you to try and tackle him. Once he turned the corner it was give it your best shot but I am and did going to run right through you.

To me Earl is the best RB to play the game and was my favorite player as I grew older.
As a young kid always liked John Hadl a pretty underrated QB in my opinion  and Bob Lurtsema solely based on his last name   Was perfect name for a d lineman in that era 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

It killed you yo say lamonica and bilentikoff  but they were great players.

I left the snake off my list before

You understand how much we Jet fans hated the Riders back then.   But those bombs to Biletnikoff were fun to watch.  I definitely liked them both as players.

Good get with Snake.  Lefty cannon.

• Upvote 1

The earliest teams I can remember were like mid-80's and funny enough, I loved guys like Little Joe Morris, Lawrence Taylor and Mark Bavaro on the Giants and as the story goes, I tried to root for them once and my brother slapped and told me were Jets fans. 

But I was obsessed w/ Bo Jackson as a kid.  Love Joe Montana/Jerry Rice too.  Barry Sanders.  

But my all time favorite non-Jets any at time in life are Randy Moss and Ed Reed.

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

The earliest teams I can remember were like mid-80's and funny enough, I loved guys like Little Joe Morris, Lawrence Taylor and Mark Bavaro on the Giants and as the story goes, I tried to root for them once and my brother slapped and told me were Jets fans. 

But I was obsessed w/ Bo Jackson as a kid.  Love Joe Montana/Jerry Rice too.  Barry Sanders.  

But my all time favorite non-Jets any at time in life are Randy Moss and Ed Reed.

Loved Joe Morris after going to my first Syracuse game as a kid and watching him kick ass.  That always made it okay to root for him even when he was a Giant.  Loved Harry Carson and Leonard Marshall too.  Loved Mickey Shuler more than Mark Bavaro tho!

2 hours ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Any Christian Okoye fans? 

The Nigerian Nightmare:

939913DC-FEC9-4848-9B15-2316BC4F5185.jpeg.3d2d1b29aa3f42b18f04f6fb62ecdb6f.jpeg

0D9F288F-CC28-428A-92B9-1C1D296515A6.gif.2ba160a9d86b00616dbe84423a46eaed.gif

He was my Tecmo 92 go-to.  Everyone else chose Bo, but Christian was just as bad ass and you didn't have to make any moves, just run straight over everyone.  He had 1,000 yards rushing in a game for me.  Yes, not much of a receiver tho lol.

The Shoulder Pads in that gif are insane nowadays.  I love them!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1