Booger McFarland: Zach “grew up with a lot of money, never had to accept accountability”

Rhg1084

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

He grew up with money but still worked hard enough to be a good enough QB in college to be a #2 overall pick.  I think there's a lot of piling on right now.

I don't think Zach is entitled or a bad kid.  I just think he hasn't been a good QB so far.

I've never met Zach, so I can't honestly tell you what kind of a person he is, but (at least to me) he does give off a douchey vibe. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Yeah and Sam Darnold is still only 25, so I guess there's hope

My point was that a 22 year old kid will say dumb stuff… doesn’t mean someone should make a leap that because he has grown up with money that he does not know what accountability is. Currently Zack on the field might be worse than darnold was while here…

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, maury77 said:

@Jetsfan80 & @The Crusher, its not as if these rumors weren't circulating before the draft: https://walterfootball.com/nflhotpress/article/Some-Teams-Have-Makeup-Concerns-with-Zach-Wilson

I remember that blurb on WF

People dismissed it as nothing

But it sure looks like Walt and Charlie knew what they were talking about 

• Upvote 4

I don’t agree with his take.  You can’t just pawn off his lack of accountability on him being a rich kid.  That’s taking the easy way out.  

He’s definitely arrogant and a prick.  We can assume that him growing up with a lot of money contributed to that but to say that on national television with no evidence is just stupid.  

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

What ZW said at the presser landed like a thud with his teammates, the fans and the media.  It just sounded like a guy out of touch with how he performed and the role he played in losing a last-second game.  I don't know if he meant it the way he did.  He certainly could have, but I would have hoped he would have answered the question of whether he (and the offense) let down the defense this way:  "There was no lack of effort, lack of trying, or the offense taking our defense's excellent game for granted.  So from that standpoint I don't feel like we let down our teammates or were lazy.  But we didn't score, we didn't move the ball, and that's what we needed to do on offense.  We came up short and that's disappointing.  But when I hear, 'did you let them down?' I think that's insinuating that the defense was working harder or prepared more than the offense did for this game, or that we didn't take our job as seriously as the D, and that's just not true.  We simply couldn't get points on the board and that's disappointing."

Yeah agree with this. Sanchez would stand at the podium and go on and on on how he needed to be better. Wilson was short with Hughes because he doesn’t like him and thought it was a dumb question. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

I don’t agree with his take.  You can’t just pawn off his lack of accountability on him being a rich kid.  That’s taking the easy way out.  

He’s definitely arrogant and a prick.  We can assume that him growing up with a lot of money contributed to that but to say that on national television with no evidence is just stupid.  

You find ZW to be arrogant and a prick? I find him to be extremely dumb and taking this ride for granted but not an a$$hole or anything. 

• Upvote 1

OT, 99% of talking heads are idiots who are only there for the shock value/clicks. I truly don't understand watching pre, half and post game shows unless it's your local broadcast meaning SNY, YES, MSG etc. I also REALLY don't understand watching those mid-morning talking head shows. Absolute garbage TV with no information given. 

• WTF? 1

Just now, Jet9 said:

You find ZW to be arrogant and a prick? I find him to be extremely dumb and taking this ride for granted but not an a$$hole or anything. 

Arrogant for thinking he’s better than he actually is.  Maybe he’s delusional actually.  

Prick for not taking accountability and actually saying yesterday he wants his receivers to do stuff differently or whatever he said.   I’m not sure the exact quote. 

I don’t think he’s dumb.  

40 minutes ago, Darnold615 said:

This seems a bit ridiculous.. yeah he had a bad game, bad season and maybe has said a few wrong things… but he’s also just 22. This kind of take is asinine. 

“ A” bad game ? But you are right he is a boy still playing among grown up men. Why it also appears he seems so scared out there. But Sundays are not meant to be rookie training camp..

4 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

22 year old "kid" 25 year old "kid" such a joke, when do we consider these adults fully grown and no longer kids. 

I'm sure the other grown *** men in the locker room love playing with these "kids" 

Weak excuse....

Exactly.  They have no interest in being babysitters.  Produce or GTFO of the league.  

• Upvote 3