Robert Saleh Press Conference (11/28)

jetsons

2 hours ago, fullblast said:

I wonder what it will take for them to fully commit to White for the rest of the year. Maybe solid performances against Minny/Buffalo. Seems like they want to keep the door open just in case White struggles over the next couple of weeks. Pretty much a mirror of the Wentz/Heinicke situation. If White continues to play well over these next 2 games they can't go back.

At this point it's week to week... but if White continues progressing & LeFleur begins trusting him more with the playbook giving White more autonomy, allowing him to audible & play his game, I don't see White leaving the field... this year.

16 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

I wonder if this is just a case of "lip service" to the idea that they're just waiting for Zach to extract his head outta hisazz or are they really thinking about giving him some starts this season?

I think Saleh is keeping the door open in case: 1) white gets hurt (which he did last year), 2) white has a monumental collapse (unlikely but this sport is so unpredictable).

in either case, you don’t want to be in a position where you buried Wilson publicly before you have to go back to him. 

ultimately, if white keeps playing well, regardless of what Saleh says to the media, he will continue to be the QB. The big test will be after white (inevitably) has a bad game. Does he get the opportunity to rebound? IMO, it would be incredibly unfair to pull him after one bad start, but it is exactly what I fear could happen 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Paranoid they're going to pull him the second he struggles. I think he's earned a bad game.

I don’t think they intended to give him less than 3 games no matter how he played and how well Zach does in practice.  
Mike will get some leash.  

You don’t take the only easy game in weeks and give it away for 1-2 weeks in my opinion. White’s got a chance to not look back.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Yikes.

Seen this coming after his post game comments. He didn’t want to praise White at all.

Concerning - They’re really gonna play Zach vs Detroit unless White makes it impossible. 

Nah he wants MW but he knows MW has to do his part to stop the conversation. If the JETs win the next two there can be no question and he will slowly change the narrative.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

Now if that’s conners lady he can talk about his hot wife

Exactly.

prime example of hot vs attractive.

there are guidelines to follow.

that is not to say that you always take hot, but at least follow the rules.

Connor was trying to ensure he gets some action tonight so he pulled the hot card

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Right, but what happens if Mike white has one bad game? The concern is that he drops MW at the first sign of trouble, which would be very unfair. 

I get that he is the coach and has final say, but if he pulls white, he faces a very unhappy locker room.

he is smarter than that - I hope

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, MysticalJet2 said:

It's so amazing to me that they will not commit to Mike White.  The O was so night and day from Zach.  I have a hard time believing that all the sudden Zach will be good.  Zach needs to sit, learn, and work hard to get back to the starting role... as should every position. 

They are committed to MW for now. That is really all that needs to be said in public. 

• Upvote 2