Some Facts About Mac Jones

26 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

He stinks

Yeah, but this ?

20 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Not true.

It's his OL, and OC that suck.

I removed RB from the equation as that is one position, we do have talent.

I am not trying to conflate McCorkel into the second coming of Brady.  He clearly is not.  I am not willing to bury him either...yet. 

Going from McDaniels to Patricia was always going to be a downgrade.  It was never going to be a push regardless of who they put in there.  I will not even bury Patricia as this lays at the feet of Belichick.  To quote Ron Swanson, "don't half ass two things; whole ass one thing".  I am not saying Patricia is an offensive guru, but being the OL coach and OC is not conducive to being successful at either.  

For 2022, Mac has not been set up to succeed.  The OL has been bad.  Matt P has been okay.  Mac is not absolved of this as he had some bad plays this year.  

I think ti was Richard Sherman that said it at halftime, the Patriots have joined the rest of the NFL in making a series of mistakes that kill them.

6 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

Yeah, but this ?

I removed RB from the equation as that is one position, we do have talent.

I am not trying to conflate McCorkel into the second coming of Brady.  He clearly is not.  I am not willing to bury him either...yet. 

Going from McDaniels to Patricia was always going to be a downgrade.  It was never going to be a push regardless of who they put in there.  I will not even bury Patricia as this lays at the feet of Belichick.  To quote Ron Swanson, "don't half ass two things; whole ass one thing".  I am not saying Patricia is an offensive guru, but being the OL coach and OC is not conducive to being successful at either.  

For 2022, Mac has not been set up to succeed.  The OL has been bad.  Matt P has been okay.  Mac is not absolved of this as he had some bad plays this year.  

I think ti was Richard Sherman that said it at halftime, the Patriots have joined the rest of the NFL in making a series of mistakes that kill them.

Totally agree with all of this..but I was just making a joke about this:

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Totally agree with all of this..but I was just making a joke about this:

Rhamondre is the best player on the team.  I think he even knows that. Pretty sure he was saying the quick game,  referring to the quick short passes..... which is what they call because their qb has zero arm strength. 

33 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

This QB draft class, man

I think Lawrence still has a chance to be good but yeah, easily the worst qb draft class in years considering the hype.

Wilson - stinks, wasn’t good in college and was undersized, what were people thinking?

Fields- got injured pretending to be Mike Vick for a month. Otherwise mediocre

lance - whatever

mond - yeah right

13 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Or is belicheck a bit over rated? Not taking away his accomplishments but this doesn’t even look close to the same teams that Brady was apart of. 

Just about all the great HC's have had great QBs. 

Belichick had TB12. 

Bill Walsh had Montana and Young.

Landry had Staubach. 

Noll had Bradshaw. 

Jimmy Johnson had Aikman.

EXCEPTIONS:

Bill Parcells: Phil Simms was a quality QB but he also won with Jeff Hostetler.  OTOH, he also had BB as his DC and LT leading the defense. 

Joe Gibbs: While he's considered to be one of the all-time greats, I still think he might be underrated.  Won 3 SBs with 3 different QBs (Joe Theismann, Doug Williams, Mark Rypien).  He also deserves credit for returning to coaching after years in NASCAR yet still taking the WFT to the playoffs 2x, despite their awful ownership.  I'd still take BB over him but I think Gibbs is right there.

• Upvote 1