There is no reasonable argument to start Z.Wilson

30 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And Zach lost passing for 355 yards.  
Jets are 1-4 in 300+ yard passing games.  

That’s exactly what I’m saying…

im not pro Zach or pro white or anything all I’m saying is that throwing for 300 yards doesnt mean anything substantial. 

Throwing for 300 yards is not an indication of playing well. Completion % and tds are a much more important thing to look at 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Xtina said:

That is debatable. At least Zach has a winning record while Flacco is 1-2 

In 19 games Wilson has only led the offense ONCE to over 30 point game. Flacco barely played, and played 2 very good teams, but has 1 in 3 games. White has 2 in only 5 games.. That is horrible for Zach.. We don’t win the Cleveland game with sh*tty Wilson. 

• Upvote 3

On 12/8/2022 at 8:09 PM, VJphillyfan said:

And our defense and running game are the reasons we won any games with Zach Wilson.  

Yes.

I’m not debating that.  I’m debating the idea that Geno Smith has not been better than Brady when he has, actually, been much better.

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, BurntDice said:

That’s exactly what I’m saying…

im not pro Zach or pro white or anything all I’m saying is that throwing for 300 yards doesnt mean anything substantial. 

Throwing for 300 yards is not an indication of playing well. Completion % and tds are a much more important thing to look at 

Ok, well, Mike White completes the ball at 7% higher clip (Zach has the worst comp% in the NFL) and has 1 less passing TD in 5 less Football games than Zach Wilson.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

In 19 games Wilson has only led the offense ONCE to over 30 point game. Flacco barely played, and played 2 very good teams, but has 1 in 3 games. White has 2 in only 5 games.. That is horrible for Zach.. We don’t win the Cleveland game with sh*tty Wilson. 

Joe Flacco put us in position to lose the Cleveland game by 2 TD.  He was completely bailed out by Cleveland stupidity and a successful on side kick.   We had 17 points with 1:55 left in the 4th quarter when Cleveland went to the locker room. 

Flacco was pure crap.  Zach did more in the Pittsburgh game than Flacco did in his 3 starts.  He should be retired.  

Zach may suck but he's not dead yet.  Flacco is done.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Joe Flacco put us in position to lose the Cleveland game by 2 TD.  He was completely bailed out by Cleveland stupidity and a successful on side kick.   We had 17 points with 1:55 left in the 4th quarter when Cleveland went to the locker room. 

Flacco was pure crap.  Zach did more in the Pittsburgh game than Flacco did in his 3 starts.  He should be retired.  

Zach may suck but he's not dead yet.  Flacco is done.

1 over 30 point game in 19 starts. That has to be worst ever for a non backup. Mike white makes putting up 30 look easier. The D has bailed out zach every game he ever played. Yes Flacco is not great, but he still has as many 30 points games as Zach, in fraction of the chances ?

• Upvote 4

46 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Got it, so then it's not substantial for Mike White? 

What are you talking about? I’m not comparing white and Zach. 

Why does it always have to be White is so much better!!! Or Zach sucks!!! Or Give Zach a chance??   

Can’t we just talk about numbers and how they correlate to success? Why does it have to include multiple people, when we are just talking about one. This tends to lead to the usual regurgitated conversation that’s been going in here for a while, which is what you seem to be aiming for. 

• Thumb Down 1

5 hours ago, BurntDice said:

What are you talking about? I’m not comparing white and Zach. 

Why does it always have to be White is so much better!!! Or Zach sucks!!! Or Give Zach a chance??   

Can’t we just talk about numbers and how they correlate to success? Why does it have to include multiple people, when we are just talking about one. This tends to lead to the usual regurgitated conversation that’s been going in here for a while, which is what you seem to be aiming for. 

The goalposts HAVE to be set at "White vs Wilson" because that's the hand we're currently dealt.  White can "suck", yet if he's still better than Wilson than that assessment is irrelevant.

It's NEXT year where the discussion switches from "is White better than Wilson" to "is White better than ____________?"  (It's on JD to fill in that blank and answer the question correctly. . .)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, OCCH23 said:

The goalposts HAVE to be set at "White vs Wilson" because that's the hand we're currently dealt.  White can "suck", yet if he's still better than Wilson than that assessment is irrelevant.

It's NEXT year where the discussion switches from "is White better than Wilson" to "is White better than ____________?"  (It's on JD to fill in that blank and answer the question correctly. . .)

I feel you there on the argument. 

mostly I’m just trying to debate the MW is great crowd. This has nothing to do with Zach who has indeed sucked. It’s white vs the rest of the league. 

• Upvote 1

Here's the reality as I see it. White has an opportunity but he has an amazingly short leash. One bad game and he will go back to being the back up. Not saying this is what I would do, but anyone that looks at history will realize that outside of a regime change, the Jets FO will always think "we drafted Wilson at 2 for a reason"  People thinking Wilson will not be out there again are being somewhat delusional to be quite honest. Personally I am fine with just going with White but Saleh and JD will not see it that way unless White consistently performs and has no bad games. Not saying it is right just the way it is

• Upvote 1

Jets CS and org has shown a tough love approach to players not always on board like Mims and Moore. And both players were out of the picture for multiple games not activated. As for Zach this will be the third straight game he’s not dressing. We’re not sure exactly why maybe because Zach lost confidence of his teammates esp after the NEP game. Are they trying to teach him a lesson, is he finished as a Jet or like the others will they eventually activate him. I think 2 games is enough, he beat the Bills whereas White was terrible against them last season unless there are still locker room problems with him I’d activate him this weekend but start White. 

59 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Jets CS and org has shown a tough love approach to players not always on board like Mims and Moore. And both players were out of the picture for multiple games not activated. As for Zach this will be the third straight game he’s not dressing. We’re not sure exactly why maybe because Zach lost confidence of his teammates esp after the NEP game. Are they trying to teach him a lesson, is he finished as a Jet or like the others will they eventually activate him. I think 2 games is enough, he beat the Bills whereas White was terrible against them last season unless there are still locker room problems with him I’d activate him this weekend but start White. 

whatever Zachs problems are he still has them. there is no way they can make him #2 and a injury away from playing until he fixes him stuff. imagine if he has to come in and he is still doing his overthrows, chicken dances and so on. this locker room will explode. especially during a playoff push. 

my guess is that you wont see Zach until next year unless were out of the playoffs. and i think every game is going to mean something for the playoffs. even if we get in a week or 2 early the last 2 games will count for playoff positioning

Mike white being able to pass for 300 yards regularly does mean something good for our team. It means he can run the offense. Pretty simple. Didn't know that was being debated. 

300 passing yards isn't the end all be all, but to act like it doesn't mean he is good is dumb. 

Being able to spread the ball around and move us down the field is very good obviously 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Here's the reality as I see it. White has an opportunity but he has an amazingly short leash. One bad game and he will go back to being the back up. Not saying this is what I would do, but anyone that looks at history will realize that outside of a regime change, the Jets FO will always think "we drafted Wilson at 2 for a reason"  People thinking Wilson will not be out there again are being somewhat delusional to be quite honest. Personally I am fine with just going with White but Saleh and JD will not see it that way unless White consistently performs and has no bad games. Not saying it is right just the way it is

Kapono is going to be in “flight school” for awhile.

And calling fans who trust their eyes and ears (over your own personal reasoning which bears no connection to reality) isn’t going to change that.

5 hours ago, FootballLove said:

I may be alone on this, but one year from this Sunday, in a perfect world, Zack Wilson will be ripping the NFL a new ahole (for the ny jets).

I love what MfW has given us, but my guess is this fan base will tire of him sooner rather than later, leaving us where we started.

tic tic tic

Rich Kotite has a better chance of dating the cheerleader from your profile pic than Zach Wilson does of living up to his draft status 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

My prediction for Zach Wilson is a Jim Plunkett type career. He will for many years be considered a washout of a high draft pick and then one day after a lot of the complexities of playing QB in the NFL have become ordinary to him and the game has slowed down, he will get the opportunity to play on a team with a scheme that matches his style of play . . .  and just like that - Bombs Away! - will close out his story on a high note.

Let's put a pin in this and check back in 12 years or so to see if I was right. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/8/2022 at 1:08 PM, OCCH23 said:

Actually, you responded to me responding to someone who "joked" that we should bring back the "better" QB if White loses to the Bills.  You said you'd be fine if White put up Zack's numbers AND WON.  My question (which I don't think you've answered), is what if he put up those same numbers and lost?  What if he played a "clean game" but it wasn't enough?  Does Zack get some sort of extra credit because the rest of the team stepped up in a way they may not on Sunday?

This all becomes irrelevant after Sunday.  He'll either play well or he won't.  They'll either win or they won't.  But it's sad that I already have to brace myself for the possibility that the Zack worshippers (not saying you) will come out of the woodwork if White doesn't win, regardless of how he actually plays . . .

What if he’s not very good turns the ball over and we lose?   What if he losses the next two and is 1&3 ?

if Zach sucks putting up Zach like stats is a pretty low bar.   We might want to look at Zach again this year because the GM and coaching staff think he has enormous upside and he’s actually under contract for two more years and it already counts against the cap the next two years.  

Mike White is a FA.  We can tag him for roughly 30 plus million next year.   We might be able to promise him the starting gig for 20 to 25 million.  If he’s mediocre how much commitment do you want to make to him knowing he can walk?

If the Jets are going to commit to Mike White as the starter going forward at some point very soon they’re going to have to put their money in.   That will impact a lot of other decisions.  

The argument that under no conditions Zach gets to  play again this year is among the dumbest takes I have ever read on this board.   There are plenty of potential scenarios where it makes sense to start Zach again.  

• Upvote 1

On 12/9/2022 at 9:45 AM, JiFields said:

Ok, well, Mike White completes the ball at 7% higher clip (Zach has the worst comp% in the NFL) and has 1 less passing TD in 5 less Football games than Zach Wilson.

The Steelers would have been the best defense Mike White has faced this year.  Zach carved them apart in crunch time and got the ball into the endzone twice.

On 12/8/2022 at 3:53 PM, BurntDice said:

Flacco had 900 yards in 3 games. He was 1-2. 

LOL

He lost to 2 playoff teams, CIN and BAL

Bengals might be the best team in the AFC right now.  They are loaded with talent.

The Jet defense was nowhere near as good the 1st 3 games. “Miscommunications” / breakdowns all over the place early in the season.

OL was struggling with protections too.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

LOL

He lost to 2 playoff teams, CIN and BAL

Bengals might be the best team in the AFC right now.  They are loaded with talent.

The Jet defense was nowhere near as good the 1st 3 games. “Miscommunications” / breakdowns all over the place early in the season.

OL was struggling with protections too.

Buffalo and Miami aren't playoff teams?   Are you actually arguing that Zach got better protection against Denver, Greenbay and NE?  

FYI Baltimore and Cin don't have top 10 NFL defenses this year.  

13 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The Steelers would have been the best defense Mike White has faced this year.  Zach carved them apart in crunch time and got the ball into the endzone twice.

Zach also completed 28% of his passes against the Steelers before the 4th quarter and yes he looked great the last 2 drives but he also was only 18-36 for 50% and if i remember correctly his 2 INT's lead to 10 of the Steelers points so not exactly elite QB play........ 

• Upvote 1