There is no reasonable argument to start Z.Wilson

If LaFleur wanted to wild out in a few weeks, they could install a short yardage package where Zach comes in and runs wildcat sh*t. If White cements himself as the unquestioned starter over the next couple of games but they’re still not awesome in goal to go situations, supplementing the offense with Zach’s mobility could be an option. 

• WTF? 1

51 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If LaFleur wanted to wild out in a few weeks, they could install a short yardage package where Zach comes in and runs wildcat sh*t. If White cements himself as the unquestioned starter over the next couple of games but they’re still not awesome in goal to go situations, supplementing the offense with Zach’s mobility could be an option. 

Zach Tebow

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

You're just going to have to calm down a bit today.

4 hours ago, BurntDice said:

White loses to the Bills. He’s now 1-2. Playoffs are in jeopardy. Bring back the qb who actually wins games and comes in clutch in the big moments. 

kidding…kind of. Depending on how bad White looks against his first decent D. 

White will get the Lions game, regardless of how good/meh/bad he looks on Sunday. Which is fair, if you're going to give him a shot, he deserves at least four games. It's gets interesting if we lose against Detroit, which is possible. 

But even then, and to borrow a poker saying, Saleh is 'pot-committed' on White at this stage. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Wilson will not start again this year unless it is a meaningless game, the only chance of that is if White blows his big chance and the Jets fade down the stretch.

He will probably play at some point in garbage time, or if White gets hurt.

Exactly what I said to my son. I think MW keeps the ball until the playoffs are out of reach. Let’s hope that doesn’t happen.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Wilson will not start again this year unless it is a meaningless game, the only chance of that is if White blows his big chance and the Jets fade down the stretch.

He will probably play at some point in garbage time, or if White gets hurt.

I’ll add one more unless. White plays poorly in 2 games in a row while Wilson is dominating in practice. Because Saleh is looking for a reason, any reason, to put Wilson back in the lineup.

• Upvote 1

White will get the Lions game, regardless of how good/meh/bad he looks on Sunday. Which is fair, if you're going to give him a shot, he deserves at least four games. It's gets interesting if we lose against Detroit, which is possible. 
But even then, and to borrow a poker saying, Saleh is 'pot-committed' on White at this stage. 
That's the interesting thing about the lions game... the next game after the lions is Jacksonville on Thursday so whoever is qb against Detroit will be qb vs Jacksonville... too hard to make a switch on 4 days ... not sure why Saleh continues to say that Zach will still see the field this year...I assume just to placate Zach

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

When you look at his body of work. When you look at what flacco and White have done. It crazy but I think we are a point where you can't even argue that Zach deserve to start another game this season period.
We are in the hunt, we have seen him squander drive after drive. There is just is just no way Saleh and Joe could put himback under center with out losing the fans, team and whatever playoff hopes we have.
I still am in shock that I have to buy a new jersey again.
This needs a new thread ?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 4

If we lose the next two and White pads his stats by throwing short of the sticks on third and can't get us into the end zone I would rather lose with Zach and see if he's salvagable.

If White plays well and we lose and by well I mean making first down throws and getting us into the end zone and we lose I would move  ahead with White and never look back. 

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It's more than goal to go.  If he keeps padding his stats by throwing 6 yards in 3rd and 8 and we don't move the ball down the field I would be concerned.   Not that he isn't better than Zach just that he doesn't have the balls or the confidence of the OC to really move the team forward. 

If he's the guy, he has to move the team down the field in the offense on a regular basis.  So far he has beaten up two bad defenses and in the case of MN didn't get the team into the redzone until MN was pulling away.  When Lefleur opened it up because of the score he moved the team right down the field but couldn't get them in.

That's pretty much NFL 101 in this league.  Teams with a lead let you move down the field.  It's common in almost every NFL game.  

7 hours ago, BurntDice said:

White loses to the Bills. He’s now 1-2. Playoffs are in jeopardy. Bring back the qb who actually wins games and comes in clutch in the big moments. 

kidding…kind of. Depending on how bad White looks against his first decent D. 

Sorry, but "kidding" is the only acceptable answer.

If you want White to put stats like Zach did against Buffalo, just have him hand it off all day . . .

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, OCCH23 said:

Sorry, but "kidding" is the only acceptable answer.

If you want White to put stats like Zach did against Buffalo, just have him hand it off all day . . .

Just so I'm clear, 300 yards passing with 2 TD's and 3 INT's and a loss means White is better?  

Zach played a terrific game against Buffalo.   You can think Zach sucks and still acknowledge he had a very good game against the BIlls. 

I could care less about Whites stats, I want to win. 

• Upvote 2