There is no reasonable argument to start Z.Wilson

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

If he keeps padding his stats by throwing 6 yards in 3rd and 8 and we don't move the ball down the field I would be concerned.   Not that he isn't better than Zach just that he doesn't have the balls or the confidence of the OC to really move the team forward. 

You came away from the last two games thinking that Mike White was the QB LaFleur didn’t have faith in? 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

When you look at his body of work. When you look at what flacco and White have done. It crazy but I think we are a point where you can't even argue that Zach deserve to start another game this season period.

We are in the hunt, we have seen him squander drive after drive. There is just is just no way Saleh and Joe could put himback under center with out losing the fans, team and whatever playoff hopes we have.

I still am in shock that I have to buy a new jersey again.

If and when Zach comes in, he will have to play lights out to justify  the move, especially  if White gets the Jets into the playoffs which is a real possibility still. If that happens, White comes in as #1 next season and it will be his job to lose. 

Just now, T0mShane said:

You came away from the last two games thinking that Mike White was the QB LaFleur didn’t have faith in? 

Tough call on that.  Lefleur has done a terrible job regardless of QB getting the O off to a good start.  White had a lot of completions short of the sticks in the first half that got the O off the field. 

The offense opened up in the second half because the score dictated it had to open up.   Even moving right down the field LeFleur called an amazingly conservative game in goal to goal situations.  

Not sure if it's Lefleur or White but it's been a theme with Lefleur.  

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

If LaFleur wanted to wild out in a few weeks, they could install a short yardage package where Zach comes in and runs wildcat sh*t. If White cements himself as the unquestioned starter over the next couple of games but they’re still not awesome in goal to go situations, supplementing the offense with Zach’s mobility could be an option. 

Zach would be horrible as a wildcat QB. Normally there is an RPO on those plays and know Zack, he will run along the LOS looking to make a splash play in an effort to show he should be #1 when he should just takeoff and run. 

9 minutes ago, JetsMetsRangers said:

lol.....5-2 record, so damn good that the number 2 pick in the draft with a 5-2 record now is with the scout team and inactive for 3 straight games........Do you know how bad you have to be for this to happen?........Obviously JD and Saleh had enough for now with Zach and had the balls to make the move......

The Wilson boy lovers remind me of Kurt Angle his first year in the WWF when he was a heel and had not lost a match yet due to count outs and disqualifications.  He kept screaming at the fans “I’m 32-0!!!”

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, BurntDice said:

White loses to the Bills. He’s now 1-2. Playoffs are in jeopardy. Bring back the qb who actually wins games and comes in clutch in the big moments. 

kidding…kind of. Depending on how bad White looks against his first decent D. 

I don't  know that the Bills are going to bebthat much harder to face on D than the Vikes. I know the Bills are rated higher but White had to make some difficult throws against the Vikes. He has performed admirably under pressure.  

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

When you look at his body of work. When you look at what flacco and White have done. It crazy but I think we are a point where you can't even argue that Zach deserve to start another game this season period.

We are in the hunt, we have seen him squander drive after drive. There is just is just no way Saleh and Joe could put himback under center with out losing the fans, team and whatever playoff hopes we have.

I still am in shock that I have to buy a new jersey again.

Did you hear breece hall just had surgery on his knee

I don't  know that the Bills are going to bebthat much harder to face on D than the Vikes. I know the Bills are rated higher but White had to make some difficult the Vikes. He has performed admirably under pressure.  
Yup .. this is a good opportunity for him. Bills D is respectable, the weather could be a bit of a factor, the coaching staff in Buffalo is solid ... This is a nice litmus test for White IMHO... even without Von Miller.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Football Smile GIF by New York Jets

Is he saying it because he genuinely means it ... or is he saying it to give Zach a goal to aim for and continue working towards?

You keep your options open. Injuries and bad runs of play happen, and you may suddenly need all hands on deck (hello Brock Purdy!)

If things stay as they are now I agree 100%, no way Zach sees the field. But White could struggle, he could get hurt, Flacco could get mono and be out for weeks ... you have to keep that door open even if you never intend to use it.

Is he saying it because he genuinely means it ... or is he saying it to give Zach a goal to aim for and continue working towards?
You keep your options open. Injuries and bad runs of play happen, and you may suddenly need all hands on deck (hello Brock Purdy!)
If things stay as they are now I agree 100%, no way Zach sees the field. But White could struggle, he could get hurt, Flacco could get mono and be out for weeks ... you have to keep that door open even if you never intend to use it.

Agreed ... As of now Zach is a project. As he always should have been. The let the Zach be Zach' approach was lazy coaching .. kid needs to learn to play the position or flame out .. regardless of arm talent.

35 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Tough call on that.  Lefleur has done a terrible job regardless of QB getting the O off to a good start.  White had a lot of completions short of the sticks in the first half that got the O off the field. 

The offense opened up in the second half because the score dictated it had to open up.   Even moving right down the field LeFleur called an amazingly conservative game in goal to goal situations.  

Not sure if it's Lefleur or White but it's been a theme with Lefleur.  

I have a feeling that the overall plan for Minny was to start the game fairly conservatively - establish the run, rely on the D, don't ask White to win it out of the gate. Give him the easy options to get him comfortable - this was his first road start this year, and first against a good team.

Then reality came along. Our run game was going nowhere and the D wasn't holding up.

If anything we took too long to adjust and were in too deep a hole. We almost got out of it ... but ideally we should have started climbing out sooner, so to speak.

I'll just keep repeating it:  We should be rooting for the name on the FRONT of the jersey.. not the back.  But since that is not going to happen, we need a space next to our usernames to show who we stand behind (and its unchangeable).   

The amount of Zachsexuals is beyond me. 

What are you watching that you think Zach was in any way responsible for that 5-2 record???? Jesus.  So for that guy, you can put Zach next to your name.  This can go along with all the people that wanted to keep Sam.

The point is - if I see you wanted to keep Sam, and you don't think Zach is the problem now.. no one should listen to your "hot takes" for the rest of eternity. 

I'll just keep repeating it:  We should be rooting for the name on the FRONT of the jersey.. not the back.  But since that is not going to happen, we need a space next to our usernames to show who we stand behind (and its unchangeable).   
The amount of Zachsexuals is beyond me. 
What are you watching that you think Zach was in any way responsible for that 5-2 record???? Jesus.  So for that guy, you can put Zach next to your name.  This can go along with all the people that wanted to keep Sam.
The point is - if I see you wanted to keep Sam, and you don't think Zach is the problem now.. no one should listen to your "hot takes" for the rest of eternity. 
Its tragic comedy these days ... It's not enough that the kid sh*t the bed to the practice squad ... But the ultra defensive church of Mike White can't tolerate any post not directly extolling their guy's virtues as the next Montana.

The reference to 5-2 is directed squarely at that crew knowing it's a silly argument.

I agree root for the team for pete's sake ... I have and always will ... See you in Buffalo

52 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Just so I'm clear, 300 yards passing with 2 TD's and 3 INT's and a loss means White is better?  

Zach played a terrific game against Buffalo.   You can think Zach sucks and still acknowledge he had a very good game against the BIlls. 

I could care less about Whites stats, I want to win. 

I can acknowledge Zack had a "better than usual" game against the Bills.  He was 18/25, 154, 1 TD, 1 lost fumble.

If you're going to call that "very good" then I guess you would settle for that every game?  I wouldn't.

White threw 2 INTs last game.  One Davis should have caught, one was a desperation heave on the final play.  Do you count them against him?

In the end I want the player who is capable of putting up 300+ yards, 2+ TDs.  Will White be able to do that consistently?  I don't know, but what about Zack makes you think he can do it at all?

While there are many QBs out there I'd rather have than Mike White, it's going to take a lot before Zack Wilson is one of them . . .

• Upvote 2

I can acknowledge Zack had a "better than usual" game against the Bills.  He was 18/25, 154, 1 TD, 1 lost fumble.
If you're going to call that "very good" then I guess you would settle for that every game?  I wouldn't.
White threw 2 INTs last game.  One Davis should have caught, one was a desperation heave on the final play.  Do you count them against him?
In the end I want the player who is capable of putting up 300+ yards, 2+ TDs.  Will White be able to do that consistently?  I don't know, but what about Zack makes you think he can do it at all?
While there are many QBs out there I'd rather have than Mike White, it's going to take a lot before Zack Wilson is one of them . . .

He either works his way back .. or he flames out ... That simple ... Needs to be consistently dominant.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

If LaFleur wanted to wild out in a few weeks, they could install a short yardage package where Zach comes in and runs wildcat sh*t. If White cements himself as the unquestioned starter over the next couple of games but they’re still not awesome in goal to go situations, supplementing the offense with Zach’s mobility could be an option. 

Streveler is more mobile and suited to this role. Zach cannot and doesn’t not like getting hit.

48 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I don't  know that the Bills are going to bebthat much harder to face on D than the Vikes. I know the Bills are rated higher but White had to make some difficult throws against the Vikes. He has performed admirably under pressure.  

The Bills have good defense.

The Vikes create turnovers, outside of that, they are the 2nd worst defense in the NFL. Seattle, Jacksonville and Detroit are bottom third defenses. This team has talent and Mike White reminds me of Cousins. They should move the ball, can they score TDs once they get in the red zone? 

1 hour ago, OCCH23 said:

Sorry, but "kidding" is the only acceptable answer.

If you want White to put stats like Zach did against Buffalo, just have him hand it off all day . . .

I would be more than happy if MW plays like ZW did against the Bills and wins.

Hate all we want, Zach played well in that win.  I don’t care about yardage 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Zach's ability to scramble is definitely beneficial in the red zone but there seems to be a struggle in general in this dept. as no Jets QB has performed particularly well the redzone this year, though Wilson has been the best of the 3 and truthfully, pretty good if we're being honest abou the situation.  He does do a really good job of protecting the ball down there.

Flacco: 9-23, 39%, 4/1, 2 sacks 

White: 7-19, 37%, 1/1, 1 rushing, 0 sacks

Wilson: 7-15, 50%, 4/0, 1 rushing, 1 receiving, 4 sacks, 1 fumble loss

Would be wonky AF to do this though...

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

43 minutes ago, OCCH23 said:

Here’s the thing Douglas and Saleh don’t care what you or anyone else on this board thinks.   Moore and Mims suck.   They still get snaps.   Becton will be on the team next year.   We have consistently lined up trash on the OL because of injuries.  

Zach is probably going to get a shot at some point again unless MW is actually real good against decent NFL defenses.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

MN is dead last in passing yards on D.     The Bills aren’t great but they are at least middle of the pack.   

• Upvote 2

Look Baker Mayfield was the overall number 1 selection in a recent draft and he was first traded and released. So teams are willing to admit a  mistake when a player esp at Qb does not work out. Zach was an overall number 2 selection, Sam Darnold an overall number 3 selection so these things are happening. At this point a 6th round pick with another team has beaten out Zach at least for now as starting Qb. I'm not as yet willing to declare Zach a bust but he hasn't been able to grasp the NFL game yet as of this time. When he's at Qb there is usually no sustained offense he makes the same mistakes can't play the short game as well as White does. Which means the Jets are willing to go with a game manager over someone they thought could be a franchise Qb. I’d activate Zach against the Bills as backup since he beat them this year and recently and White’s difficulties with the Bills last season. 

Saleh isn't starting Zach Wilson again. Seriously its going to be Week 14 in our second December game in a playoff push and Zach is still going to be in street clothes. No way they are trotting him out there again. 

Saleh is preserving Zach for his confidence and maybe give Zach the ability to compete for a 2023 job or possibly flip him for a draft pick if the offer is right. Saleh is actually doing right by Zach. Zach was not helping himself putting more disastrous tape out there.

The whole situation is sad. No one thought he be this bad, but when you face a tough problem, you dont go into denial, you face it head on, which is what Saleh did and I tip my hat to him. 

Maybe Zach bounces back in 23 or 24 or maybe he is Ryan Leaf 2.0. We won't know for another few years. Regardless, 2022 Jets are about making the playoffs, and right now, its clear Mike White gives them the best shot. 

Lets go Jets!

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Zach's ability to scramble is definitely beneficial in the red zone but there seems to be a struggle in general in this dept. as no Jets QB has performed particularly well the redzone this year, though Wilson has been the best of the 3 and truthfully, pretty good if we're being honest abou the situation.  He does do a really good job of protecting the ball down there.

Flacco: 9-23, 39%, 4/1, 2 sacks 

White: 7-19, 37%, 1/1, 1 rushing, 0 sacks

Wilson: 7-15, 50%, 4/0, 1 rushing, 1 receiving, 4 sacks, 1 fumble loss

Would be wonky AF to do this though...

The red zone and late drives are why I think Zach won more games.  Zach fell apart against the Pats obviously, but he was doing what was asked for the most part otherwise.  

I have questions about MiLF.  His red zone sucks and he tried to save himself for not having a red zone offense with end arounds and trick plays.  Those are fine and fun but you need to have an effective offense without them.  

2 hours ago, JetsMetsRangers said:

lol.....5-2 record, so damn good that the number 2 pick in the draft with a 5-2 record now is with the scout team and inactive for 3 straight games........Do you know how bad you have to be for this to happen?........Obviously JD and Saleh had enough for now with Zach and had the balls to make the move......

Balls?  He’s another in a line of failures who caved in to fans at the expense of the organization. 

19 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I would be more than happy if MW plays like ZW did against the Bills and wins.

Hate all we want, Zach played well in that win.  I don’t care about yardage 

And what if he doesn't win?  He puts up the same exact stats but loses?  You're still happy?  You wouldn't have expected more from a competent QB?

Zack best traits that day is he didn't make us lose.  But those stats aren't going to win many games either . . .

1. We're in a playoff push, and currently control our own destiny.  Until/unless we are eliminated from contention, we should play the QB who gives us the best legitimate chance to win that game.

2. If we clinch a playoff berth, we should continue to play the best QB with the best chance to win, so we have the best chance to win in the playoffs.  In trash time, other QB's can play (Injury avoidance).

3. If we are eliminated, the meta changes, and the front office and coaching staff should decide which QB needs to be evaluated most for future aims and goals, and play that QB.

For now, the best QB that gives us the best chance to win is Mike White.

This will get re-evaluated after every game we play.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

5-2 with Zach 

2-3 without Zach 

Just curious, Taylor Heineicke is currently 5-1-1 (better record as starter than Zach) and has better stats/production than Zach in pretty much every single category, playing on a worse team.

Given your stated logic above, would you then agree that the undrafted ODU Taylor Heineicke is a better QB than Zach Wilson?

Just curious if you're being consist, logic wise, with your arguments focusing on team W/L record in games started.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Just curious, Taylor Heineicke is currently 5-1-1 (better record as starter than Zach) and has better stats/production than Zach in pretty much every single category, playing on a worse team.

Given your stated logic above, would you then agree that the undrafted ODU Taylor Heineicke is a better QB than Zach Wilson?

Just curious if you're being consist, logic wise, with your arguments focusing on team W/L record in games started.

If you can see a reason why he’s winning - I wouldn’t bench him.  After the season figure out options, but I wouldn’t bench someone who is winning.

ILooking at the Jets options, Zach has proven to be the best so far.  Mike White is getting another chance.  With a good game in a win you can roll with the bad decision and try to make it a good one.