JD is over rated

kevinc855

51 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Do you really think the Giants roster is more talented than the Jets roster? Meanwhile look at the schedule and the entire NFC which is mediocre at best  

The Fighting Nuns of the University of  Little Sisters of the Poor had a tougher schedule 

4 years. 0 playoff appearances. No qb. But yea he drafted an injury probe 2 down running back

5 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Yep think people are missing this point. Yesterday was bad. If we lose to jacksonville in our building it’s going to get ugly around Floram park 

No it's not.  This team is missing its best three players - players that were headed to the Pro Bowl in Hall AVT and Q.  This team is playing with 3rd and 4th stringers on the OL because of injuries.  The Jets have endured two injuries to starting QBs and this last injury to White is a killer because the coaches appeared to realize that Wilson is not the QB for this team.  They lost two games in the last few minutes to two of the top 4 teams in the NFL on the road.  The order of the games played has been bad luck. If they opened the season with Detroit and Jacksonville, those are likely win. If they closed with Baltimore, that is likely a win as well.  

Most people saw the Jets as a 7 win team this season.  The odds said 5.5 wins.  Most fans said all they wanted was to play meaningful games in December. They are about to play a meaningful game in week 16.  The playoff run and this team's development came a year earlier than expected, but now got derailed by injuries to the most important players.  

Nobody is on the hot seat and Saleh and JD will both be back next season, even if they finish 7-10.  This board is predictably knee jerk and you lead the parade of fickle chicken little fans.  

53 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Do you really think the Giants roster is more talented than the Jets roster?

Not even close. Yet Daniel Jones has a QB rating of 90%, 12 TD's and only 4 INT's, completions 60% and has thrown for 2,694. 

But yeah, poor Zach. We're just too hard on him.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

I’ve been a huge Douglas critic since his first draft. I’m not a big believer in using physical attributes and metrics as the primary tool of evaluating players, and it was obvious that he did that with Becton and Mims.

Also hated the Zach Wilson pick well before we even made it. 

But I like the overall roster. I would agree that Douglas is overrated by some fans but his job performance is good to this point. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Coquito said:

Not even close. Yet Daniel Jones has a QB rating of 90%, 12 TD's and only 4 INT's, completions 60% and has thrown for 2,694. 

This thread is not about Zach it’s about JD and him being overrated. Zach has quite a few threads about his suckiness which are richly deserved. Zach single-handedly lost both Patriots games which again has been well documented 

19 minutes ago, VJphillyfan said:

4 years. 0 playoff appearances. No qb. But yea he drafted an injury probe 2 down running back

The question is Which roster would you rather have?
And in fact JD was hired June of 2019 which does not add up to 4 completed years. He is in his fourth year on the job. 

16 minutes ago, Coquito said:

D. Jones with 52 NFL starts..3+ yrs of NFL practices & meetings

Terrific at making trades and moving around in the draft, best GM we have had to do this kind of thing.

Terrible blind spots for some positions such as the kicking game and back up QB. 

Very good at doing his best to build the oline even if it has not worked out, at least unlike mccagnan he goes out and gets guys.

Perhaps suffers from the Tanny syndrome, that being going out of his way to please the head coach rather than do what is really best for the team.

Too many picks viewed as home runs that have faded.  (Mims, E. Moore)

Good roster planning in most areas.

Has not taken advantage of the strength of the draft at times and has not double dipped in years he should have.

In the end at this point his two most important early picks, QB and LT have been huge failures, you simply cannot ignore or excuse that.

He is the best GM we have had for a while but far far from perfect. 

He has done a good enough job for us not to even think about a change right now.  It is easier to go from sucky 3 or 4 wins to 7 or 8 wins, much harder to be a payoff team and harder still to truly contend for the super bowl.

29 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

No it's not.  This team is missing its best three players - players that were headed to the Pro Bowl in Hall AVT and Q.  This team is playing with 3rd and 4th stringers on the OL because of injuries.  The Jets have endured two injuries to starting QBs and this last injury to White is a killer because the coaches appeared to realize that Wilson is not the QB for this team.  They lost two games in the last few minutes to two of the top 4 teams in the NFL on the road.  The order of the games played has been bad luck. If they opened the season with Detroit and Jacksonville, those are likely win. If they closed with Baltimore, that is likely a win as well.  

Most people saw the Jets as a 7 win team this season.  The odds said 5.5 wins.  Most fans said all they wanted was to play meaningful games in December. They are about to play a meaningful game in week 16.  The playoff run and this team's development came a year earlier than expected, but now got derailed by injuries to the most important players.  

Nobody is on the hot seat and Saleh and JD will both be back next season, even if they finish 7-10.  This board is predictably knee jerk and you lead the parade of fickle chicken little fans.  

Every.  Single. Nfl team. Has injuries 

stop with that. Win games you are supposed to win to sub 500 teams at home 

• Upvote 1

Good draft this year. Piss poor most important picks, Becton & Zachenstein.

Lousy top FA value Lawson, Davis and  Tomlinson. As Bart Scott said and I

agree Davis like Mims is a body catcher. As for his great trade up for Vera-Tucker

the Vikings got a more universally praised player at a more highly regarded position

LT Darrisaw along with our two thirds. His best drafted value Hall, FA Reed. Too interested

in holding on  to his mistakes and hoping they turn it around

• Upvote 1

My internal bench mark for the team last year was 6 wins. We didnt do it.

This year its 8 wins. We should be able to reach that.

Next year its playoffs or bust to me.

We dont have anymore surplus draft picks now, and he is already going to have to make tough choices on the roster this off season.

His first draft was a complete bust. His 2nd draft looks better than the first, but appears middling and nowhere near what the Douglas stans on here said it was.

This last draft does look great so far, no denying that.

He needs another impact draft and the playoffs next year. If he does both, keep him. If he does neither can him.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, hmhertz said:

Good draft this year. Piss poor most important picks, Becton & Zachenstein.

Lousy top FA value Lawson, Davis and  Tomlinson. As Bart Scott said and I

agree Davis like Mims is a body catcher. As for his great trade up for Vera-Tucker

the Vikings got a more universally praised player at a more highly regarded position

LT Darrisaw along with our two thirds. His best drafted value Hall, FA Reed. Too interested

in holding on  to his mistakes and hoping they turn it around

Agree about Davis as he is definitely not worth the contract same with Lawson but to a lesser degree Fear not as they will both be gone with minimal if any dead money. 
Mims at time of draft was generally lauded as a real good pick had a decent rookie year last two not good at all 

Interesting take on AVT. Excellent rookie year. This year was playing an arguably Pro Bowl RG   injuries then caused him to move to LT then to RT and performs well above expectations with some advocating him to stay at LT Then he goes out for season with an injury and o line not the same so give me AVT all day everyday for versatility alone 

7 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Typical Monday "the Jets lost fire everybody" thread.  It's back to where we were in September with a bunch of you.  JD stinks, Saleh stinks, Lafleur stinks.  

No one said to fire him today. Im sorry it triggers you to point out the litany of mistakes this front office has made. We are 7-7 admist a collapse of epic proportion. You are right I should be posting how WONDERFUL everything is going. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

No one said to fire him today. Im sorry it triggers you to point out the litany of mistakes this front office has made. We are 7-7 admist a collapse of epic proportion. You are right I should be posting how WONDERFUL everything is going. 

This is hardly an epic collapse.........This is a young team that is now undermanned learning how to win.  

Most of the mistakes you point out are not mistakes.  

You are the most negative poster on this board. I've never seen you post anything positive about the Jets. On the other hand, you post nothing but positive things about MetLife Stadium, which is baffling.

I'd love to see you post something you think before it happens and not react to the past with 20-20 hindsight.  

12 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Or, you should be posting solutions. Or have better ideas than what they currently have. I have asked you for those. you have nothing.

If you offer complaints without solutions, all you are doing is complaining. And you sir, are a serial complainer without ideas that fix problems.

3 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

This is hardly an epic collapse.........This is a young team that is now undermanned learning how to win.  

Most of the mistakes you point out are not mistakes.  

You are the most negative poster on this board. I've never seen you post anything positive about the Jets. On the other hand, you post nothing but positive things about MetLife Stadium, which is baffling.

I'd love to see you post something you think before it happens and not react to the past with 20-20 hindsight.  

Thats bullsh*t and you know it. They were 7-4 enterting December. They were 5-2 at one point early in the season. YOU MAKE the playoffs then. Anything else is a failure, enough with this young team garbage. When Mosley jumped over the line was he a rookie? Or when Berrios dropped the ball? Is he a rookie? Or when JFM is roughing the passer is he a rookie? 

Stop. You are the excuse king for this teams incompetence. 

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

I've seen this comparison before there's a huge difference between taking a chance at Kyle Boller at 19 and picking Zach Wilson at 2

it was the highest pick this team had in 30 years and JD boned it terribly 

I don't trust his judgment scouting QBs. Do you? 

yeah I have no issue with his judgement.    I'm not going to always agree with every pick, but looking at a macro level of this team he has done a good job in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

and are in last place

You know how I know the Jets are an improving ball club? Point differential.

2020- Minus 214

2021- Minus 194

2022-Plus 8

Teams have to learn how to win. And the Jets are at that point. The Jet main contributors are all mostly still babies in NFL in terms of experience. They need to get over the hump.

Will they? I have no idea. My hope is that they add some locker room types that Parcells so craved. 

For my money, this is the most entertaining Jet team since just before Rex turned into a clown. For that, I am satisfied. They just need to finish the build.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

You know how I know the Jets are an improving ball club? Point differential.

2020- Minus 214

2021- Minus 194

2022-Plus 8

Teams have to learn how to win. And the Jets are at that point. The Jet main contributors are all mostly still babies in NFL in terms of experience. They need to get over the hump.

Will they? I have no idea. My hope is that they add some locker room types that Parcells so craved. 

For my money, this is the most entertaining Jet team since just before Rex turned into a clown. For that, I am satisfied. They just need to finish the build.

great post. 

9 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

I made this point a few times earlier in the year but yesterday this roster was exposed. 

1) Zach Wilson was never the pick at 2

2) Berrios signing was a waste of money 

3) Braden Mann stinks. Cutting morestead was unbelievably stupid.

4) Lawson signing was a waste of money 

5) Oline has never been fixed. Sure you can blame this on injuries I suppose but my God. Becton another JD pick is a bust. 

Sure you can point to some nice draft picks and he’s not necessarily  a “bad” GM but my God stop making this guy out to be something he’s not. Seems like JAG GM to me. 

You have been exposed lol... You have got to get a life other than complaining all day about this team. JD is the best GM we've had here in a VERY long time. But in your eyes I'm guessing if he's not been perfect, he's not your guy. You should root for another team.

9 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

I made this point a few times earlier in the year but yesterday this roster was exposed. 

1) Zach Wilson was never the pick at 2

2) Berrios signing was a waste of money 

3) Braden Mann stinks. Cutting morestead was unbelievably stupid.

4) Lawson signing was a waste of money 

5) Oline has never been fixed. Sure you can blame this on injuries I suppose but my God. Becton another JD pick is a bust. 

Sure you can point to some nice draft picks and he’s not necessarily  a “bad” GM but my God stop making this guy out to be something he’s not. Seems like JAG GM to me. 

omg jesus.

zach was fine pick at two just as any other would have been, its a lottery ticket man, and hard to hit.

he cost what pennies on the dollar? i hate berrios and am fine with his contract.

People are fickle, mann is good then he is not

lawson ... injury...yeah joe really suck cause he is drafting guys he knows will get hurt.

you support you can blame it on injury? lol what the hell else you gooing to blame other than that?

Joe douglas singlehandedly fixed or broken roster, drafting process and the jets tax on FA with smart signings. He got the front office dynamic back into line and out of the owners weird three way set up. I mean you call him a jag for just doing everything that needed to be done and was left undone since parcells. 

We are competitive and beat the best team in the league but yeah he really sucks. God damn so many terrible takes. I cant keep up.

He hired Robert Saleh did you forget that? the draft capitol he got us, the culture change? man I could give you a million dollars and you complain about. it.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

You have been exposed lol... You have got to get a life other than complaining all day about this team. JD is the best GM we've had here in a VERY long time. But in your eyes I'm guessing if he's not been perfect, he's not your guy. You should root for another team.

he is the best gm any team has had in a long time. He has been great! 

Clearly the roster was far better prior to JD taking the job. Wait, no, it wasn't. In fact the roster was far worse. To this point JD isn't perfect. I can deal with that. He's made some mistakes. ZW might be the big one as it seems the QB and OC were part of a shotgun wedding. Overall though the roster is far better, and is structured far more functionally as the Jets aren't drafting DT in first every year anymore.