Zach starting Thursday

Rhg1084

1 minute ago, chirorob said:

There's no way fractured/broken ribs healed in 3 extra days.

Don't be shocked if he starts the next game as well.

I actually think that will depend on how he plays.  If it’s at least decent even if they lose, wilson will play again.  If it’s another NE performance on national tv, they’ll clear white and see if, again, the offense flips a switch with him in there. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, slats said:

This game is pretty critical if they’re thinking about making the playoffs. Have to win the AFC game. Really ugly situation for Zach having to go up against the #1 to his #2, with Lawrence looking the part lately, but Zach is gonna have to put on his big boy pants and perform. Short week at home, have to get this done. 

Better to find out sooner, rather than later. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

I think it’s great to see wilson play under that kind of pressure, and now it’s on national tv vs Trevor.  What an opportunity to make a statement . 

I agree. There’s a lot of pressure playing QB for this team, as he’s already learned the hard way. He needs to perform in the face of it if his career is gonna have a chance here. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, kevinc855 said:

So do you think Zach Wilson gives us a better shot then Mike White...

Also will you be in the rain on Thursday night with me? Or a couch complainer? 

I am not a prognosticator. You play with what is available and make do. There is no other way. For what it is worth, the team has a better record with ZW as QB, than MW. Whatever that is good for. 

I am not complaining about a thing, I think you flipped the mirror on this.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Brutal news for playoff chances

Why would anyone think this is a playoff team, most predicted 6 wins tops before the season began, the goal this season was Progress, improvement, continued learning by the beginner HC  and OC  and the development of the young QB.

Had ZW stayed healthy, not been injured, operated on and missed critical development time, had not our two first rd drafted OLs gone down, had our star Rookie RB not gone down and this past week had we not lost our Star DT and critical player , maybe we have a couple of more wins and are right up there for a playoff spot but that would have been the exception not the rule , we probably need one more big time WR, who can stay on the field and a few more tweaks with, hopefully another productive draft.

Patience is what is needed, the young  QB and Beginning HC/ OC will continue to improve, why are we poisoning the waters?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

I am not a prognosticator. You play with what is available and make do. There is no other way. For what it is worth, the team has a better record with ZW as QB, than MW. Whatever that is good for. 

I am not complaining about a thing, I think you flipped the mirror on this.

lol the record guy again..........thanks for invalidating your comments

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I actually think that will depend on how he plays.  If it’s at least decent even if they lose, wilson will play again.  If it’s another NE performance on national tv, they’ll clear white and see if, again, the offense flips a switch with him in there. 

ZW was less accurate vs the Lions than the Pats. Coaches look at the actual tape and throws within the offense — not just the stats. This ******* sucks. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, Leftylarry said:

Why would anyone think this is a playoff team, most predicted 6 wins tops before the season began, the goal this season was Progress, improvement, continued learning by the beginner HC  and OC  and the development of the young QB.

Had ZW stayed healthy, not been injured, operated on and missed critical development time, had not our two first rd drafted OLs gone down, had our star Rookie RB not gone down and this past week had we not lost our Star DT and critical player , maybe we have a couple of more wins and are right up there for a playoff spot but that would have been the exception not the rule , we probably need one more big time WR, who can stay on the field and a few more tweaks with, hopefully another productive draft.

Patience is what is needed, the young  QB and Beginning HC/ OC will continue to improve, why are we poisoning the waters?

1)Because we entered December 7-4

2)Find me on NFL team who doesnt have key injuries 

This fan base with such low expectations year in and year out is why we are where we are as a franchise

• Upvote 1

Just now, kevinc855 said:

This fan base with such low expectations year in and year out is why we are where we are as a franchise

I mean, it’s not really low expectations. Does anyone really believe they’re gonna win 3 straight (including 2 on the road at tough places to play in Seattle & Miami)? Team has been bad for a long stretch here and we’re now forced to start one of the worst QBs in the league. This is just reality. People aren’t dumb. 

1 minute ago, BigRy56 said:

Will not be surprised at all when Zach advances to 2-0 against Trevor Lawrence. Means nothing in terms of each QB, but it shall be made so

Only thin reed of an argument is  short work week, Thursday road teams have been bad, difficult conditions and solid  Jets defense makes for a long night for Lawrence. But 3 of those things also work against Wilson, plus he's bad at football. 

• Haha 1

It's all Wilson from here on in now imo.

If the Jets win this game and are still in contention that means the QB played reasonable football if not better and thus will be starting next game even if White gets cleared.

If they lose the Jets are essentially done and there is not reason to rush white back medically even if cleared and the team needs to find out more about wilson than white.

Barring injury this is Wilson for the rest of the year.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Yesterday it was JD's fault, now it is the fan's fault.

Soon, the ghost of Bill Bellichick will make an entrance as to why the Jets are supposedly so loathsome.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2