What happens if he does it?

You really believe that?
No .. but the only other report I heard was from Glazer .. whom I despise. Has there been a corroborating report yet .. being serious ... All the press related to this has referenced the Glazer speculation...

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

No .. but the only other report I heard was from Glazer .. whom I despise. Has there been a corroborating report yet .. being serious ... All the press related to this has referenced the Glazer speculation...

Ah, gotcha. Was hoping to get some betting action on it for a good cause :) 

14 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Absolutely spot on... Bradford was the most accurate QB I have ever seen.

My favorite Sam Bradford stat.  130 Million in career earnings, 34 wins.  4 Teams paid him huge money based on tape of him throwing the football.  

22 minutes ago, Biggs said:

My favorite Sam Bradford stat.  130 Million in career earnings, 34 wins.  4 Teams paid him huge money based on tape of him throwing the football.  

Mike white may get paid based on his teammates wearing tshirts of him and him getting crushed in the pocket. What a world we live in 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If he 'does it' then he has earned the right to be the starter to start next year as long as the jets actually bring in another legit option at qb.

Does what ? .. win the Super Bowl ? ... I agree .. he wins the Super Bowl this year ..he is the unquestioned starter leading into next season with a hefty backloaded 3 year deal and signing bonus.

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

Does what ? .. win the Super Bowl ? ... I agree .. he wins the Super Bowl this year ..he is the unquestioned starter leading into next season with a hefty backloaded 3 year deal and signing bonus.

No, does it  = makes the playoffs by wining the next two games which is what the original  poster seemed to indiacte.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, extmenace said:

With white in, even a blind man can see this team has a higher level of energy. White has some intangibles you want to see in a franchise QB. Unfortunately his durability and his inability to avoid the big hits / his immobility is what’s dragging him down. I don’t know how this will play out but white will finish this season knowing that he got his chance. Hopefully he takes advantage of it.

This. He is a statue in the pocket and takes too many hits. That's why he is injured so often. He is not a FQB. I am not a Zach fan, but for all the hype, White is not the long-term answer.

• Upvote 3

I'm looking forward to seeing White again, and have him (hopefully) finish the season, healthy, and win both games, and maybe a future job.

With that said, I'd like to see Streveler active as well, and would like to see some designed plays in the game-plan for him.

Right now, one of our biggest weaknesses is the running game.  

I might even try and be revolutionary, having both White and Streveler on the field (for a few plays) at the same time, with the D unsure who will take the snap.

When you don't have elite players, you manufacture.  I think there is a potential here for some productive O, with White leading passing, and Streveler providing some run help.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

No, does it  = makes the playoffs by wining the next two games which is what the original  poster seemed to indiacte.

If he wins two games and flames out in the post season ... I think he should to be in consideration to be the starter next year, in competition with some solid vet.  ZW at the 3rd spot in development ... he either develops or gets jettisoned prior to 2024.

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

MW would have had a lot more than 6 starts if he could stay in games.  MW has been treated very well by the NY Jets.  They are the only team in the NFL that gave him a roster spot.  Multiple times.

I don't hate MW any more than I hated Matt Robinson, Glen Foley, Babe Parilli, Dick Wood, Mike Taliaferro, Al Woodall, Bob Davis, Marty Domres, Pat Ryan, Jack Trudeau, Bubby Brister, Frank Reich, Ray Lucas or Rick Mirer.  I did kind of hate Neil O'Donnell but I think that's because Parcell's hated him so openly it was hard to like him.

Zach is done but hitching your wagon to Mike White?  After all the Zach bashing this seems like a victory lap with a bannana peel. 

It's a sad state of affairs that the Jets are so desperate for adequate QB play that they're willing to deify any player who shows some semblance of competence.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, extmenace said:

With white in, even a blind man can see this team has a higher level of energy. White has some intangibles you want to see in a franchise QB. Unfortunately his durability and his inability to avoid the big hits / his immobility is what’s dragging him down. I don’t know how this will play out but white will finish this season knowing that he got his chance. Hopefully he takes advantage of it.

The offensive line stinks.  If they were average, White would have put us in the playoffs already.  As far as injuries, be a little reasonable.  It is a Quarterbacks job to stand in and deliver the pass.  It was a vicious hit.  There isn't a QB in the game who wouldn't have been knocked out.  Quarterbacks who aren't injured get great protection and have nice clean jersey's.

3 hours ago, extmenace said:

Teammates view him more than a better quarterback and see him as a leader. The beating he took in Buffalo and to finish that game solidified the locker rooms respect. He already had their support but that took everything to another level.

32 minutes ago, Flashlite80 said:

The offensive line stinks.  If they were average, White would have put us in the playoffs already.  As far as injuries, be a little reasonable.  It is a Quarterbacks job to stand in and deliver the pass.  It was a vicious hit.  There isn't a QB in the game who wouldn't have been knocked out.  Quarterbacks who aren't injured get great protection and have nice clean jersey's.

You cant use the OL excuse ... ZW would have fared much better behind a great OL.    Your statement is completely true ... but cannot be factored in.

7 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

The Wilson die hards — who claim to be Jet fans — are for some reason terrified that MW might actually be good.

Time will tell what he is, but:

1) the early returns have been encouraging 

2) he’s clearly the most efficient QB on the roster right now

3) we’ll never know unless he’s afforded the opportunity to sink or swim (i.e. more than 6 starts)

4) even if MW gets us in, there’s zero chance they don’t add another legit starting caliber option in the offseason to compete with him

5) the Jet organization has treated MW like a stepchild and that’s not going to change anytime soon 

I don’t see any real cause for agita amongst MW haters right now other than they can’t accept that: he’s better than ZW, and ZW is a JaMarcus scale bust

I would be over the moon if he turns out to be the one. It would mean so much moving forward as far as resources that could go to other positions.  I’m not afraid of being wrong on the internet, I’m afraid of the fitzmagic situation where the team commits and gets little in return and loses a year or even 2. Even worse I’m afraid of the Matt Schaub effect where it drags on. The rock star thing makes me very queasy because it’s fitzmagic all over again. White can learn to protect himself and not take hospital hits, but there is nothing that can be done about his cement feet.  It’s a big disadvantage in a big spot not to be able to avoid the first pressure and escape and extend the play. Brady has been getting rid of the ball at a mind numbing 2.1 seconds, ( Tampas line is trash like ours) but the defense had 6 guys in underneath coverage. That’s my fear for white, the best way to compensate for cement feet is to get rid of it quickly, but if the defense is ready for it it’s tough to do those 10 play drives. That’s precisely what the defense wants. 

so I’m looking for White to show that he can avoid a rusher and extend the play. Not Lamar Jackson or Josh Allen, just spin and move, buy 1 second 

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

You cant use the OL excuse ... ZW would have fared much better behind a great OL.    Your statement is completely true ... but cannot be factored in.

And yet still would have been the 5th best Jets QB we’ve seen over the last 2 seasons.  Weird how that works and how you keep ignoring that part.  

2 hours ago, Flashlite80 said:

Look that was a brutal hit indeed. How many times do you see a QB hit like that in a season? Not many and there's a reason.

14 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I mean what if Mike White wins the next two games and looks every bit what we wanted to see in Zach Wilson. Then goes into the playoffs and maybe even wins one?

Can you even imagine? It's been so long, then after the hot start, then the injuries. We are going to the playoffs.... then we are not going to the playoffs .... This season has been nuts.

Now we are days away from Mike white starting and the glorious hope we will all share for the next 4 quarters.

I mean of Mike does it man. God damn what if we really have a god damn QB. A legit NFL QB.

I am excited!!!

Book it man! Jets will win both! Ganggreen is back!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Warfish said:

I'm looking forward to seeing White again, and have him (hopefully) finish the season, healthy, and win both games, and maybe a future job.

With that said, I'd like to see Streveler active as well, and would like to see some designed plays in the game-plan for him.

Right now, one of our biggest weaknesses is the running game.  

I might even try and be revolutionary, having both White and Streveler on the field (for a few plays) at the same time, with the D unsure who will take the snap.

When you don't have elite players, you manufacture.  I think there is a potential here for some productive O, with White leading passing, and Streveler providing some run help.

Especially in the red zone

• Upvote 1