2023 Approach Poll

OMA

Preferred 2023 approach/likely outcome.  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Of these two likely scenarios involving QB and draft which will drive this fanbase to further insanity at a higher level and more importantly which do you prefer.

• Following OL/DL heavy draft the team rolls out "Wilson and White" the Sequel. Team wins 3-4, coaches fired, Mass Hysteria, Cats and Dogs living together. In 2024 they draft QB Maye or Williams with top pick, new gm and coach.
    • Same draft but sign Carr or Jimmy. Win 9-10, 14-20pt round 1 playoff loss. Coaching staff in tact and moves forward.

7 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

"Which do you prefer - team wins 3 or team wins 10"

That's your poll?

Great post braj.

I think you would be surprised how many would take the optimism of Williams and Maye vs the lowest ceiling of Carr and just drink through 2023 season.

This is a good pool and I choose door 1.   I think the coaching, QB and OL decisions have been so flawed thus far that we need to do a mini-rebuild around Sauce, GW, etc. and try and compete in 2024 with better coaching and QB.  Door 2 is just a short term lollipop, like 2015.  

But we don’t have to make that decision really until March.  Let’s see what Saleh and JD propose to fix the flaws in the prior approach.  If their answer is we are not budging/leave us alone, fire them all.  I can see them doing that, because they are going to get an implicit/explicit playoff mandate, which is likely just a one year delay in getting fired. 

• Upvote 1

I think saleh needs to make the playoffs next season. No telling what that may mean right now. It could mean signing a guy like Jimmy g or Carr but there are others out there. Trubitsky is probably available. So is Winston.  It can also means saleh looks at his staff and makes some changes. I don’t think Douglas has to worry since he’s had two really good drafts and the jets aren’t in cap he’ll. Zwilson actually does have a chance of being resurrected.

11 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

What in the flying **** are you talking about

Would you rather be Minnesota right now or Jacksonville if you were choosing future success.  It is all about the QB and without a tier 1 starter you have to be perfect with everything else and that usually does not work.  To me it a valid question with the 2024 qb;s being highly rated above anything this year and comparable to Lawrence and Burrow.

I'm confused.  An OL heavy draft plus the same QBs only gets us 3-4 wins next year?  Does everyone get hurt next season?  

We won 7, nearly 8, with probably the worst OL in the league and the worst QB situation in the league.  Also missing our star RB for half the season.  I don't see how we can bring in Carr and an OL heavy draft and improve by.....1 or 2 wins?  

I get the "same old Jets lolz" narrative, but hot damn....

2 hours ago, bonkertons said:

I'm confused.  An OL heavy draft plus the same QBs only gets us 3-4 wins next year?  Does everyone get hurt next season?  

We won 7, nearly 8, with probably the worst OL in the league and the worst QB situation in the league.  Also missing our star RB for half the season.  I don't see how we can bring in Carr and an OL heavy draft and improve by.....1 or 2 wins?  

I get the "same old Jets lolz" narrative, but hot damn....

You answered your own question.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, rangerous said:

I think saleh needs to make the playoffs next season. No telling what that may mean right now. It could mean signing a guy like Jimmy g or Carr but there are others out there. Trubitsky is probably available. So is Winston.  It can also means saleh looks at his staff and makes some changes. I don’t think Douglas has to worry since he’s had two really good drafts and the jets aren’t in cap he’ll. Zwilson actually does have a chance of being resurrected.

Give me Jameis and draft ol.

lots of good ophthalmologists in florham park to make sure he throws to the right team

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, OMA said:

I think you would be surprised how many would take the optimism of Williams and Maye vs the lowest ceiling of Carr and just drink through 2023 season.

like the optimism we had for Wilson....Darnold...Geno....Sanchez.... 

no, give me a vet QB who has proved he can play in this league and a Playoff.

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, varjet said:

This is a good pool and I choose door 1.   I think the coaching, QB and OL decisions have been so flawed thus far that we need to do a mini-rebuild around Sauce, GW, etc. and try and compete in 2024 with better coaching and QB.  Door 2 is just a short term lollipop, like 2015.  

But we don’t have to make that decision really until March.  Let’s see what Saleh and JD propose to fix the flaws in the prior approach.  If their answer is we are not budging/leave us alone, fire them all.  I can see them doing that, because they are going to get an implicit/explicit playoff mandate, which is likely just a one year delay in getting fired. 

if they get fired it will be on Monday not in March.

3 minutes ago, doitny said:

if they get fired it will be on Monday not in March.

The conversations are already being had whether they are going to change the coaching.   That will decide if we are keeping the coaches.  Depending on who the coaches are will dictate what the QB approach will be.  

• Upvote 1

Imo, Carr or Jimmy G would be a step in the wrong direction for this franchise.

Of these 2 choices, I'll take the slow, painful option of running it back with ZW and MFW (and sign a veteran like Dalton, Minshew, Brissett).  But make sure to draft me 2 OL in the first 3 picks.  I think we'll be better than a 3 win team though.   

Now tgat there’s no was Danny Dimes hits the market who is my first choice Jimmy G would be a real good fit here but he’s too dam injury prone. Carr would be an upgrade/bridge since the reality is the Jets need a QB in the worst way. As much as I dislike Wentz I’d even make a play for him if he gets cut from the WFT that’s how bad our QB situation is as he’s better than anyone on the Jets roster playing the position 

• Upvote 2

This poll is asking which one will drive the fanbase crazy and which one I prefer. I can't pick both, what do I do?

Winning 3-4 and firing the coaches would drive this fanbase crazier than it already is. Even if Saleh isn't the guy, I wouldn't want this. At least playoffs shows consistent progress over 3 years of this coaching regime. The next season could easily be the one.

I would rather take a year of mediocrity and dabbling in progress than another year of awful football and hopelessness. I much prefer talking about the draft in January to October.