Ruckert

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

How the heck did we barely use this guy all year?!

fwiw Ruckert was hurt in the ota/preseason and missed all that time needed to develop 

I really like this player and would like to see a Mayer/Ruckert combo next year. 

CJ Usomah is slow and Conklin is only OK 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I personally saw Feeney on the field and looked at it as tanking for draft position.

I had the same thought when I saw the starters but that doesn’t explain why he was on the roster with I believe a fully guaranteed one year deal in free agency and since I’m evidently a nut those things bother me.

when I look at all the quality TEs from this draft, I really, really hope JD made the right decision going with Ruckert over the likes of Woods, Likely, Kolar, Ferguson...  Too bad MLF in his infinite wisdom refused to play him earlier this season.  Other teams can find a way to play 3 different TEs, often with one of them being a rookie.  Of course that is beyond our OC, even when our two vets are not producing much and a shake up might change that.    Just one more reason why MLF HAS to go. 

44 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Oh, so now LaFleur is also personally at fault for terrible FA signings and the overall team depth chart driven in part by that, too?

It's certainly not like when some get locked in on one scapegoat for everything, they lose the ability to form a meaningful thought.

Offseasons are the greatest of all treasures!

What an inaccurate post. Conklin and Uzoma are more than capable players and have proven so on their previous teams.

The OC chose not to feature them in the passing game more, get them mismatches on LBs. So yes, the OC is to blame for their output in this offense. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, derp said:

I had the same thought when I saw the starters but that doesn’t explain why he was on the roster with I believe a fully guaranteed one year deal in free agency and since I’m evidently a nut those things bother me.

It seemed weird.  LDT played every snap against the Seahawks, but only 2 against the Dolphins? Presumably at least one was when Feeney was lined up at FB.  My think positive idea to him being on the roster was that they felt Feeney was a solid backup at C and a weak backup at G.  He seemed okay down the stretch when forced into action at C in 2021 after being a disaster at G. 

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

fwiw Ruckert was hurt in the ota/preseason and missed all that time needed to develop 

I really like this player and would like to see a Mayer/Ruckert combo next year. 

CJ Usomah is slow and Conklin is only OK 

I been eyeballing Mayer too - he looks like the real deal.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

when I look at all the quality TEs from this draft, I really, really hope JD made the right decision going with Ruckert over the likes of Woods, Likely, Kolar, Ferguson...  Too bad MLF in his infinite wisdom refused to play him earlier this season.  Other teams can find a way to play 3 different TEs, often with one of them being a rookie.  Of course that is beyond our OC, even when our two vets are not producing much and a shake up might change that.    Just one more reason why MLF HAS to go. 

I cant stand MLF but I think the reason Ruckert doesnt play is more on Saleh.  Saleh is a locker room guy and once a guy "makes it" as starter in his eyes he sticks with him until he either gets hurt or has more than a couple consecutive bag games regardless of who is behind him.  Not making this into any Zach or White thing here either as I think he does it with all positions.

7 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

the temptation is to draft for need but the Jets should take the best available player if it's Mayer at 13, that's fine

Zach Wilson is what happens when you draft for need

Sauce is what happens when you draft best player available.  Not that CB wasn't a need but they should just find the highest rated player and take that dude not reach to solve a problem 

• Upvote 2

Just now, bitonti said:

the temptation is to draft for need but the Jets should take the best available player if it's Mayer at 13, that's fine

Sauce is what happens when you draft best player available.  Not that CB wasn't a need but they should just find the highest rated player and take that dude not reach to solve a problem 

i wanna watch a little more of him and who else will be around by the time they pick but I agree.  BPA, although I would not crucify then for over drafting a QB, LT, CB, or EDGE in 1st round and when I say over-draft I mean by half a round or so because of need.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

i wanna watch a little more of him and who else will be around by the time they pick but I agree.  BPA, although I would not crucify then for over drafting a QB, LT, CB, or EDGE in 1st round and when I say over-draft I mean by half a round or so because of need.

i think they have enough at EDGE and CB but yeah the temptation is them to reach for QB3 or OT4 or something i'd rather they take TE1 

the key to the draft isn't filling needs it's getting good players with easy scouting reports when you can 

like passing on Quenton Nelson to take Sam Darnold 

just take the gold jacket dude, They might not get that chance at 13 but those guys come from all over the round 

• Upvote 2

Just now, bitonti said:

i think they have enough at EDGE and CB but yeah the temptation is them to reach for QB3 or OT4 or something i'd rather they take TE1 

the key to the draft isn't filling needs it's getting good players with easy scouting reports when you can 

like passing on Quenton Nelson to take Sam Darnold 

just take the gold jacket dude, They might not get that chance at 13 but those guys come from all over the round 

yeah definitely, this draft seems pretty weak at the top - good year to be 13.  what do you think?

1 minute ago, SickJetFan said:

yeah definitely, this draft seems pretty weak at the top - good year to be 13.  what do you think?

besides Mayer I really like Jordan Addison WR USC the pitt transfer

you can't really ever have enough WR in this league 

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

besides Mayer I really like Jordan Addison WR USC the pitt transfer

you can't really ever have enough WR in this league 

He breaks one of Parcell's cardinal rules though...did he get better every year.  I do think we need to bring in a stud WR one way or the other.  I prefer them to be closer to power forward types though.

3 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

He breaks one of Parcell's cardinal rules though...did he get better every year.  I do think we need to bring in a stud WR one way or the other.  I prefer them to be closer to power forward types though.

to be clear I think there are about 3 great OL and all will be gone by 10. there's a better chance of them falling into Mayer or a WR at 13. I see alot of drafts giving them a safety or LB and while those are terrible needs I don't see them using a first round pick on defense 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

to be clear I think there are about 3 great OL and all will be gone by 10. there's a better chance of them falling into Mayer or a WR at 13. I see alot of drafts giving them a safety or LB and while those are terrible needs I don't see them using a first round pick on defense 

I could actually see them going 3T DT at some point because of Q.  They have to pay Q so they gonna need a good cheap inside option next to him at some point.

29 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I'm leaning receiver (JSN), but Mayer would be a weapon if he's off the board.  

Remember he was the best player on that OSU team that included Wilson. 

Mayer is a complete player and would dominate in the run game alongside Ruckert. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, SickJetFan said:

I cant stand MLF but I think the reason Ruckert doesnt play is more on Saleh.  Saleh is a locker room guy and once a guy "makes it" as starter in his eyes he sticks with him until he either gets hurt or has more than a couple consecutive bag games regardless of who is behind him.  Not making this into any Zach or White thing here either as I think he does it with all positions.

Well then that is just as bad. No said he has to become a starter but why not put in the game  earlier in the season when the offense first started really struggling.   I mean you drafted the guy in the 3rd round so you must have thought he was pretty good.   I really don't get how these staff thinks.   

4 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Well then that is just as bad. No said he has to become a starter but why not put in the game  earlier in the season when the offense first started really struggling.   I mean you drafted the guy in the 3rd round so you must have thought he was pretty good.   I really don't get how these staff thinks.   

for the amount of money these guys make you would think they be at least organized if nothing else.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

my way too early take -- he goes 1st round (probably back third where teams can afford to spend that).

Still the whole offseason cycle to play out, but Mayer is rock solid, and (my early assessment), good WR class but... maybe not a lot of "blue chips".. Could push Mayer up. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, bgivs21 said:

What an inaccurate post. Conklin and Uzoma are more than capable players and have proven so on their previous teams.

The OC chose not to feature them in the passing game more, get them mismatches on LBs. So yes, the OC is to blame for their output in this offense. 

Except the entire basis of this thread was that they both should've gotten less play.  After all, it was the evil LaFleur that dared hold down the almighty third-string mid-round rookie in their favor, when he was actually an all-star in hiding, based on a few blocks in one game.  Which one is it?  Because it quite literally cannot be both.

Every time folks get hung up on trying to force a single person being the reason for all the Jets' faults, it has been proven to be wildly wrong 100% of the time, without exception.

It's gotten so bad this time it's been only a day since the season ended and the arguments are already completely contradicting themselves multiple times over, while heavily dependent on pretending he's also the super-secret GM and HC.