****Saturday Playoffs Thread****

T0mShane

5 minutes ago, August said:

If they lose this game does this change their time on possibly moving on from Jimmy G if not making a run at Brady? 

I think they’re done with Jimmy G regardless….if they don’t win it all they need another vet asap to win with their Super Bowl window open.

Purdy would be great backup insurance but they currently can’t rely any on Qb on roster to start in 2023.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Watching a former Jets QB being coached by a former Jets head coach in the playoffs allows a person to question whether the Jets have ever had the right long-term strategy in terms of development, patience, expectations. To be sure, Geno is an outlier this year, and Pete Carroll always seemed to be a decent coach. But on its face, these situations can be somewhat difficult to stomach.

Is there a strategy that sits somewhere in between waiting 10 years for coffee to brew and today’s “instant coffee” approach?

Question the Jets' patience on Mangini but not on these two. It took Pete Carroll over 10 years to learn how to be an NFL head coach and it took Geno also over 10 years to learn how to be an NFL QB. I wouldn't call wanting for someone over 10 years to develope as being patient. I would call that stupidity 

• Upvote 4

Just now, STLuLu said:

Question the Jets' patience on Mangini but not on these two. It took Pete Carroll over 10 years to learn how to be an NFL head coach and it took Geno also over 10 years to learn how to be an NFL QB. I wouldn't call wanting for someone over 10 years to develope as being patient. I would call that stupidity 

The 94 Jets quit on Carrol after the spike game. He wasn’t going to recover from that

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Aussie Jet said:

It's all yards after the catch, though. He's doing the basics and letting his better teammates do the rest. Smart game design by Kyle Shanahan, but let's not fall for the hype.

You do realize that is what most QB’s do. If the first read is not there dump it. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, shawn306 said:

The 94 Jets quit on Carrol after the spike game. He wasn’t going to recover from that

Ran a loose ship. Basketball courts outside the practice facility. It wasn’t until he went to USC and had to run the whole ship that he figured out how to be the head honcho. Ruins lots of young coaches

• Upvote 3

Just now, Larz said:

“The brightest young mind in the NFL “ couldn’t find a ******* FB.  Watch #44.  After Bawden got hurt that was it.

just got back from Avatar. It’s not the preachy mess I’ve read about, but it’s an hour too long. My god. 

A little bit of everything in this post. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I think they’re done with Jimmy G regardless….if they don’t win it all they need another vet asap to win with their Super Bowl window open.

Purdy would be great backup insurance but they currently can’t rely any on Qb on roster to start in 2023.

Why would you bring in a vet when Purdy has shown that he can play and play at a high level ?

The 49’ers are going to be good for awhile. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Larz said:

“The brightest young mind in the NFL “ couldn’t find a ******* FB.  Watch #44.  After Bawden got hurt that was it.

just got back from Avatar. It’s not the preachy mess I’ve read about, but it’s an hour too long. My god. 

Its smurfs for adults but not nearly as smooth or fun. 

• Haha 1