Divisional Games Thread

Rhg1084

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

As a father of a child with special needs, I would appreciate if you could find different words to express yourself in the future.  There is no term that is quite as offensive to me, and I am sure others as well, as the term you have used. 

My daughter has special needs.  This is a derogatory and offensive term that is used to describe her and others similarly afflicted,  Despite her disability, she has overcome a lot to be a successful young woman.  She is an arrtist who has sold her work, she holds a part-time job, she has taken college classes, won a State Championship in Special Olympics.  Despite being labelled and needing to overcome the stereotypes used to describe her, she has accomplished more than many young men and women who do not face similar challenges.  Clearly this is personal to me, but that term is offensive and in my view should have no place on this board or in society in general.

Sorry for getting on my soapbox, but this one strikes a nerve.

Thank you for weighing in. I have four kids, none of which have special needs, but I have countless friends with such kids and they're all great parents and great kids. It's a word that, while 20 or 30 years ago might have had its place, but is no longer needed. 

10 minutes ago, ECURB said:

Bad coaching on display tonight

Or his team sucks and it's amazing they got as far as they got.

Hopefully Saleh learns from his mistakes and with the talent the Jets have they could do anything

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jets Things said:

Thank you for weighing in. I have four kids, none of which have special needs, but I have countless friends with such kids and they're all great parents and great kids. It's a word that, while 20 or 30 years ago might have had its place, but is no longer needed. 

Thank you.  I usually have a pretty long fuse and it takes a lot to get to me, but that word does every time.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jets Things said:

Several family members with autism including my brother who I watch out for.

if every so called normal person treated each other the way folks with autism treat others - the world would be a much better place

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

This.

The homers here aren’t going to see it this way though. By the end of this game

Saleh and Zachy are better than Daboll and Jones because…  reasons.

The giants played the easiest schedule in the nfl.  They played the cowboys and eagles, they got worked.  Saw before but yes, if the jets were in the nfc east, I think they’d finish about the same as the giants.  They wouldn’t have tied the commanders, they would have swept them.  And I’d be confident that they’d steal one from the cowboys. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Green Ghost said:

@tfine, @ECURB and @SpankyJohnson’s feelings were hurt when they read Daboll did a good job as HC of the Giants this season. This is them venting and showing us they are the real Jet fans here.

People replace the joy of winning with other peoples failures....with the exception of that scumbag Belicheck I really don't care if Trevor Lawrence or the Giants win or lose games.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, heymangold said:

The giants played the easiest schedule in the nfl.  They played the cowboys and eagles, they got worked.  Saw before but yes, if the jets were in the nfc east, I think they’d finish about the same as the giants.  They wouldn’t have tied the commanders, they would have swept them.  And I’d be confident that they’d steal one from the cowboys. 

i like beer GIF

• Thumb Down 1

50 minutes ago, tfine said:

Where is the criticism of Daboll and Jones?????? If this were the Jets this team would be castrated…..everyone is making excuses for them.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

exactlely.

if next year we get beat like this this board would be saying...

we came out flat and unprepared. and we went for it on 4th and 8. Saleh needs to go. what a clown show.

• More Ugh 1

3 minutes ago, doitny said:

exactlely.

if next year we get beat like this this board would be saying...

we came out flat and unprepared. and we went for it on 4th and 8. Saleh needs to go. what a clown show.

We’ve won 13 games in 3 years. I’ll gladly take getting embarrassed in the second round next year.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Going for it on 4th down when it was 7-0 was ok in Daboll’s mind, but down 21 in the 4th quarter is, apparently, where his balls retracted into his stomach.

It makes sense to go for it on 4th in that area of the field but not on 4th and 8 and the first drive...thought that was a bad decision.

• Upvote 1